This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most underrated Eeveelution in battle?

#1iKhan88Posted 10/23/2013 10:10:05 PM
Personally, I think it's Glaceon has fantastic potential. It's not OU material by a long shot, but I think people crap on it way more than it deserves.

It has monstrous Sp. Atk, and great tanking defensive states. Now if it were a Water, Dragon, Fighting type, it would definitely have a good shot at OU, but even as an Ice type, i think it's capable of running a decent tanking set.

Also it's design is my 3rd favorite among Eeveelutions. After the Gen 2 duo.
---
Any sig ideas?
#2Aska_RayPosted 10/23/2013 10:10:49 PM
Leafeon.........
#3The_Sol_BladerPosted 10/23/2013 10:11:29 PM
great tanking defensive states

>On an Ice type

Ahaha, for a moment I didn't recognized you, charizard boy
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband
#4Dante2049Posted 10/23/2013 10:11:51 PM
Aska_Ray posted...
Leafeon.........

Sadly this. I <3 My girl Leafey :3 She has good bulk/speed and no matter the case she has a spot on 1 of my 2 teams ^^
---
"It is the same for anyone As long as you are dreaming, the dream will never reveal itself to you."-Zinzolin
#5naruko243Posted 10/23/2013 10:12:19 PM
Glaceon for me by far, I run a monoice team in OU and glaceon is not a pushover by far, with her monstrous blizzards(with hail) or even ice beams and being able to take a good hit she has done me well.
---
Psn: LunarReaper 3ds Fc: 4038-6130-3791
Electric Safari: Pikachu,Electrode,Manetric
#6LaglacerPosted 10/23/2013 10:12:55 PM
Aska_Ray posted...
Leafeon.........

Indeed. Love my Leafeon. Gotta love that X-Scissor/Leaf Blade combo.
---
3DS FC: 1349 - 5521 - 7336 ~ PM me!
Playing Pokemon X, Character: Skye, Safari: Octillery, Frogadier, Wartortle
#7Dante2049Posted 10/23/2013 10:13:40 PM
Laglacer posted...
Aska_Ray posted...
Leafeon.........

Indeed. Love my Leafeon. Gotta love that X-Scissor/Leaf Blade combo.

gove her SD and return, and she is a amazing pokemon ^_^
---
"It is the same for anyone As long as you are dreaming, the dream will never reveal itself to you."-Zinzolin
#8RAcastBlasterPosted 10/23/2013 10:14:58 PM
Glaceon is rated poorly because it's terrible. It's an Ice type.

A SLOW Ice type.

Those pokemon, much like slow Fire types, are indisputably unusable.

You can have the best defensive stat spread ever, but when three of the most common offensive types hit you as hard as they will? Nope.

As for Leafeon, it's not underrated, it was OU briefly. It just doesn't have the movepool to back up it's very nice stat spread.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Y, Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299
All bow down to your Steel type overlords!
#9iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 10:18:55 PM
RAcastBlaster posted...
Glaceon is rated poorly because it's terrible. It's an Ice type.

A SLOW Ice type.

Those pokemon, much like slow Fire types, are indisputably unusable.

You can have the best defensive stat spread ever, but when three of the most common offensive types hit you as hard as they will? Nope.

As for Leafeon, it's not underrated, it was OU briefly. It just doesn't have the movepool to back up it's very nice stat spread.

I'm not referring to rating as "tiers". I'm talking about how their competitive viability is generally discussed.

Glaceon's not terrible. Flareon is terrible (at least last gen before it got Flare Blitz). But it's talked about as if it's virtually unusable as Flareon is, even though it's not. Having the highest base Sp. Atk of all Non-Legendary Ice types is a big deal. And it's not just by a little. I believe Jynx is 2nd best with 115, so that's a big jump.
---
Any sig ideas?
#10iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 10:20:43 PM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
great tanking defensive states

>On an Ice type

Ahaha, for a moment I didn't recognized you, charizard boy

Yeah it's weird. Gamefreak doesn't seem to get that they made Ice into a HORRIBLE defensive typing, and they keep giving them these crazy defensive stat distributions. There are more defensive Ice types than there are defensive Fire types!. And Fire types have the most resistances in the game.
---
Any sig ideas?