This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gaining experience: Is it different from Gen 5?

#1DoctorPiranha3Posted 10/23/2013 11:14:41 PM
Seems like I'm having a tougher time leveling up lower level Pokemon when they go up against higher level Pokemon this gen. I'm in post game. I know there's methods to increase exp gains, but my question is still the same: did they change the experience formula in any way?
---
That's no way to talk to somebody as good-looking as me! - Barter Bear
#2SoulstrikesPosted 10/23/2013 11:17:17 PM
Yes the exp has been changed.
---
3DS FC - 4639-9488-1515
#3DoctorPiranha3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 11:18:02 PM
Seriously? Why did they nerf experience gain? Leveling up Pokemon in Gen 5 was such a breeze and wasn't so damn tedious and horribly boring.
---
#4SoulstrikesPosted 10/23/2013 11:41:14 PM
Exp was not nerfed.
---
3DS FC - 4639-9488-1515
#5DoctorPiranha3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 11:44:35 PM(edited)
Like hell it wasn't. I could easily train a level 1 Pokemon to level 50+ like it was nothing back in Gen 5. Now it takes me forever to do that crap. Seems like everytime Gamefreak takes a step forward, they take two steps backwards.
---
#6Lil_PuddinPosted 10/23/2013 11:45:37 PM
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
Seriously? Why did they nerf experience gain? Leveling up Pokemon in Gen 5 was such a breeze and wasn't so damn tedious and horribly boring.

Only in BW1 was it nerfed. BW2 was fixed back to normal specs.

XY have buffed EXP gain, especially with the Exp Share item's new functionality. Along with how catching Pokemon still yields you a (large) percentage of the EXP you'd normally get by killing the Pokemon.

So. . . This game might seem too easy if you go out of your way to grind or catch tons of Pokemon.
---
I juss dun understayand.
#7DoctorPiranha3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 11:47:14 PM(edited)
Lil_Puddin posted...
DoctorPiranha3 posted...

Only in BW1 was it nerfed. BW2 was fixed back to normal specs.

XY have buffed EXP gain, especially with the Exp Share item's new functionality. Along with how catching Pokemon still yields you a (large) percentage of the EXP you'd normally get by killing the Pokemon.

So. . . This game might seem too easy if you go out of your way to grind or catch tons of Pokemon.

Gaining experience is super easy during the story, but postgame, lolno it sucks. Especially since I have a bunch of low level Pokemon I'd like to train but it will take forever.
---