This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Possible ideas for badass fairy types?

#21Phantom_NookPosted 10/24/2013 10:40:06 AM
ChromaticAngel posted...
we know that's not the case, or else Ninetails would have been retyped to Fire/Fairy.

I'm not seeing how this makes sense.
---
1 universe, 8 planets, 204 countries, 804 islands, 7 seas, 7 billion people and it is JUST you. - PhaseSlaethe
#22DarkBuster22904Posted 10/24/2013 2:46:40 PM
"In their original incarnations, fairies were not cute"

"Outside of disney, fairies are badass"

Oh, come on guys. Youve all been singing this tune since fairy type was announced. The game is out now, and the list of fairy types is in. What is it going to take to convince you that the monstrous soul-crushing fairy badasses of european mythology is CLEARLY not what nintendo is going for?

I love SMT as much as the next guy, but there domes a time to admit that the ship has sailed. Fairy is officiallythe pink creampuff type, with maybe two exceptions.
---
-DB
#23CharizardFirePosted 10/24/2013 2:49:39 PM

Oh, come on guys. Youve all been singing this tune since fairy type was announced. The game is out now, and the list of fairy types is in. What is it going to take to convince you that the monstrous soul-crushing fairy badasses of european mythology is CLEARLY not what Game Freak is going for?

This.

Types tend to be consistent. Those soul-crushing monsters would be nothing like any of the current Fairy-types at all.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#24bwburke94Posted 10/24/2013 2:59:01 PM
Dragon/Fairy with decent stats could be awesome. It does have a weakness to one of its own STABs, but it's immune to the other STAB and it gets Dragon's normal resistances on top of that...
---
Official Vivillon of the Pokemon boards. Leo Burnett and 4Kids are Vivillon.
3DS FC: 0645-5804-7602
#25Emerald_MeliosPosted 10/25/2013 8:16:01 PM
CharizardFire posted...

Oh, come on guys. Youve all been singing this tune since fairy type was announced. The game is out now, and the list of fairy types is in. What is it going to take to convince you that the monstrous soul-crushing fairy badasses of european mythology is CLEARLY not what Game Freak is going for?

This.

Types tend to be consistent. Those soul-crushing monsters would be nothing like any of the current Fairy-types at all.

Most of those would fit in the Ghost type instead.
#26Meta289Posted 10/25/2013 8:19:57 PM(edited)
Dragon/Fairy

Classic fairy tale dragon. Big, scary, kidnaps princesses, lives in a cave full of treasure.

DarkBuster22904 posted...

Oh, come on guys. Youve all been singing this tune since fairy type was announced. The game is out now, and the list of fairy types is in. What is it going to take to convince you that the monstrous soul-crushing fairy badasses of european mythology is CLEARLY not what nintendo is going for?

I love SMT as much as the next guy, but there domes a time to admit that the ship has sailed. Fairy is officiallythe pink creampuff type, with maybe two exceptions.

Fairy being weak to Steel clearly shows that Game Freak had mythology in mind to some extent while creating the type.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#27TutelarSwordPosted 10/25/2013 8:19:28 PM
YoyokuKO posted...
i don't see fairies coming from mythology.
fairy tales yeah...and most fairy tales are cute...mostly...

Modern American fairy tales are. But if you look at the original ones? Nope, not cute, or for children even.
---
Proud to like ALL of the new starter evolutions, and plans on using all three on my in game team.
3DS FC: 2938-7055-6872 Add me please and give me your FC!
#28Radbot42Posted 10/25/2013 8:20:49 PM
Fire/Fairy.....

should be ninetails, I love it so much and it would just make it more BA
---
Friend Safari: Azumarill, Krabby, Wartortle.
FC: 3007 8085 8226
#29siegeshotPosted 10/25/2013 8:21:25 PM
Lil_Puddin posted...
YoyokuKO posted...

Fairy tales are actually nightmare fuel used to (possibly) teach lessons. Only the cleaned up versions of fairy tails are cute. Or to put it another way:

Mawile: what real fairy tails would look like as a pokefied thing
Florges: what prettied-up fairy tails would look like as apokefied thing

In mythology any type of sprite, fairy, or spirtual creatures were ultimately beings who tormented, killed or feasted upon humans.

I love Mawhile. I would love her to be like Steel/Fairy. That would ROCK!
---
Can we get a standalone console Mercs/Raid with Frank West, Rachael (Rachel) Foley, Quint Cetcham, and Jack Krauser with RE4 Village and RE5 Public Assembly?
#30Meta289Posted 10/25/2013 8:22:21 PM
siegeshot posted...
Lil_Puddin posted...
YoyokuKO posted...

Fairy tales are actually nightmare fuel used to (possibly) teach lessons. Only the cleaned up versions of fairy tails are cute. Or to put it another way:

Mawile: what real fairy tails would look like as a pokefied thing
Florges: what prettied-up fairy tails would look like as apokefied thing

In mythology any type of sprite, fairy, or spirtual creatures were ultimately beings who tormented, killed or feasted upon humans.

I love Mawhile. I would love her to be like Steel/Fairy. That would ROCK!

Mawile is Steel/Fairy.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.