This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Changes I would make, if I made Pokemon Z.

#1ZombieAkanePosted 10/24/2013 3:01:33 AM
Gameplay Changes

-EXP Share is now only available after the 8th gym.
-Gym leaders have 1 extra Pokemon each, that specifically cover their weaknesses.
-Elite 4 now have 5 Pokemon each and the Champion has 6.
-Elite 4 each have 1 mega Pokemon.
-Champion has 1 mega Pokemon, but a really good strategy surrounding it. Nothing unbeatable, but something you'd see online, like a baton pass stat boost or something similar.

Story Changes

-I'd add characters that don't handle defeat very well, I am sick of beating everyone and they're like 'kawaai desu!' 'You so strong mistah! I never stand a chance lol!'
-I'd add personality to the characters, everyone is too darn nice, even for Pokemon standards.
-I'd make one of the Elite 4 not like the main character and feel that he has something to prove against you, this adds more emotion when you finally do defeat him.
-Make the rival a rival, not a friend.

Honestly, I would really like a villain that doesn't do something outright wrong, something that has shades of grey instead of black or white. A perspective we can see and understand, but not agree with.

Some of these aspects might seem dark, but they in no way make the game PG 13 or anything like that. We can actually add very important life lessons and values. Like a scientist making Mega Evolutions and selling them to the blackmarket can undergo character development and instead become good.

I want an interesting side character, I personally would like a calm, calculating, intelligent side character that shows you things from a different perspective. For example, you see an angry Kangaskhan, he sees a mother without a child.

As it stands, I feel as if all the text in this game, basically just is irrelevant.
---
"If I facepalm as hard as I wanted to it would be a mortal kombat fatality" - knightimex
#2ZombieAkane(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 3:01:47 AM
What changes would you make?
---
"If I facepalm as hard as I wanted to it would be a mortal kombat fatality" - knightimex
#3ShybaasonPosted 10/24/2013 3:07:51 AM
if I could add ANYTHING it'd be online functionality to Battle Maison <.< F that Ad-hoc only nonsense! >:(
---
3ds friendcode: 4639-9282-9455
ledyba, volbeat, heracross
#4Wario_manPosted 10/24/2013 3:07:52 AM
-Make it so you can look like any other style of trainer you find in the game
-6v6 battles that can also go up to level 100 if you want on Wi-Fi
-Your rival is a loveable jerk and if they beat you, you don't white out, like you normally do, they just rub it in your face and your last Pokemon is just left with 1HP after the match
- No IVs (hey, I'm in charge)
- All gym leaders and elite four have six Pokemon that scale with you, you can ask them for a rematch anytime
- People you use the legendary Pokemon against actually reference it and are excited about seeing/battling it.
---
If you have accepted Santa Christ as your lord and saviour, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig.
#5Jedi454Posted 10/24/2013 3:10:23 AM
The Elite Four should be extremely hard so players get so frustrated that they end up in tears and a smashed 3DS on the floor.
The champion should be made to laugh at you if you lose to her.
Shiny Pokemon should have a 95% chance of fleeing on the first turn.
Super training should be significantly harder, so players don't get any enjoyment out of it.
All legendaries should have a 1% catch rate.
They should make it so you can go back in time and challenge Red in Kanto.
Luminose city should have a complete change.
Pokemon lose exp if they faint.

I'd love to see this in Z.
---
3DS FC: 2294-4665-5845
Time to catch em' all!
#6Fuyuhana11Posted 10/24/2013 3:10:56 AM
I've got a solution for everyone who moans about the experience share. Just turn it off if you dont want to use it. Then everyone is happy.
#7ZombieAkane(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 3:11:13 AM
Wario_man posted...
-
- People you use the legendary Pokemon against actually reference it and are excited about seeing/battling it.

This is good!
---
#8Wario_manPosted 10/24/2013 3:13:17 AM
Come on, its a freaking Mewtwo! Gimme some "I've never seen a Pokemon like that before! Where did you get it!?" or something. Damn kids, not impressed by anything anymore...
---
Respect isn't learned, it's earned.
#9ZombieAkane(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 3:16:39 AM
Jedi454 posted...
The Elite Four should be extremely hard so players get so frustrated that they end up in tears and a smashed 3DS on the floor.
The champion should be made to laugh at you if you lose to her.
Shiny Pokemon should have a 95% chance of fleeing on the first turn.
Super training should be significantly harder, so players don't get any enjoyment out of it.
All legendaries should have a 1% catch rate.
They should make it so you can go back in time and challenge Red in Kanto.
Luminose city should have a complete change.
Pokemon lose exp if they faint.

I'd love to see this in Z.

lolno
---
#10DarkHeroRavenPosted 10/24/2013 3:16:57 AM
I agree with basically all your changes, TC.

On top of that:

-Add Lv100 and 6v6 to Singles matches on Battle Spot.
-Add PMing and a Block system to PSS
-Increase the character limit on messages to accommodate two lines
-Vastly increase the range of clothing, including "cosplays" of important characters from previous gens
-Assuming the rumours aren't true about a "small new region", add a Sevii Islands-esque series of medium-sized new areas that have a variety of features, including caves, legendaries, useful items, and facilities (Battle Frontier?)
-Make the Elemental Punches TMs, and keep them TMs for the rest of the series
-Make 3 "Elemental Wing" moves for bird Pokemon. Because bird Pokemon almost always get the shaft in terms of movepools. :(

I might think of more later.
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian