This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Changes I would make, if I made Pokemon Z.

#41ZombieAkane(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 6:50:17 AM
kakashik99992 posted...
Everytime i see a topic like this I thank how GF disregard a good deal of internet suggestions I mean really 90% of this one and other similar topics are pure crap

Without stating a reason why, I dismiss you as a sad little troll.
---
"If I facepalm as hard as I wanted to it would be a mortal kombat fatality" - knightimex
#42VioletZer0Posted 10/24/2013 6:52:44 AM
I don't get why people are so up in arms over EXP share. It's not the EXP sharing that's the issue. This is how it is in most JRPGs and that's fine.

It's the lack of a proper scale to go with it.
#43ShineboltPosted 10/24/2013 7:11:00 AM
VioletZer0 posted...
I don't get why people are so up in arms over EXP share. It's not the EXP sharing that's the issue. This is how it is in most JRPGs and that's fine.

Yep, especially during mid-game. My team was level 70 when I took on the E4 so the scaling did manage to catch up a bit but I was still a bit over-leveled by then.
#44FalxXDPosted 10/24/2013 7:46:41 AM
Shinebolt posted...
VioletZer0 posted...

Yep, especially during mid-game. My team was level 70 when I took on the E4 so the scaling did manage to catch up a bit but I was still a bit over-leveled by then.

I don't think I game trainer pokemon are ev trained at all, which gives them a major disadvantage.
---
Official Magikarp of the pokemon boards.
3ds friend code: 0216-0976-7778
#45RoccoRedPosted 10/24/2013 8:01:54 AM
ZombieAkane posted...
Gameplay Changes

-EXP Share is now only available after the 8th gym.
No
-Gym leaders have 1 extra Pokemon each, that specifically cover their weaknesses.
Agreed
-Elite 4 now have 5 Pokemon each and the Champion has 6.
Agreed
-Elite 4 each have 1 mega Pokemon.
Eh, maybe
-Champion has 1 mega Pokemon, but a really good strategy surrounding it. Nothing unbeatable, but something you'd see online, like a baton pass stat boost or something similar.
Agreed

Story Changes

-I'd add characters that don't handle defeat very well, I am sick of beating everyone and they're like 'kawaai desu!' 'You so strong mistah! I never stand a chance lol!'
Still better than, "Oh just because you beat me, doesn't mean you're better! Smel yah l8r lolol"
-I'd make one of the Elite 4 not like the main character and feel that he has something to prove against you, this adds more emotion when you finally do defeat him.
I suggest Malva
-Make the rival a rival, not a friend.
You have no idea what a rival is then, if you say this

Honestly, I would really like a villain that doesn't do something outright wrong, something that has shades of grey instead of black or white. A perspective we can see and understand, but not agree with.
Lysandre already does that, he talks about how the world will one day die, and it is because of human corruption and overpopulation, very real factors that people can understand, but not outright agree.

---
PSN: Omagiri_Dragon
3DS: 2578-4075-9903 *Friend Safari* (Electabuzz, Galvantula, Dedenne)
#46gatz900Posted 10/24/2013 8:04:49 AM
i'm fine with the current exp. share. they just have to make stuff harder.

a lot of good ideas in this topic. here are mine:

-every gym leader has at least 4 pokemon. 2-3 of the pokemons have coverage moves to throw the player off from thinking they can just coast with the type that is super-effective (instead of just ohko-ing everything with my starter)

-move away from the ten-year-old kid main characters. Allow players to pick any avatar (psychic, karate guy, hiker, swimmer, etc). I was tired of looking at my friends list and seeing the same justin bieber wannabe avatars with either a fedora or baseball cap to distinguish themselves.

-have a high-leveled zone at post-game unlocked once players beat the game to further challenge the player and help lvl their pokemon to 100. this could be a series of islands as some have suggested. I just want more than kiloude city. throw in a couple more legendaries, gift shiny pokemon, etc.

-elite 4 and champion should all have 6 pokemon. it should be challenging.

-automatic box sorting by name, pokedex, egg group, type (primary), etc. i know pokebank has this feature but good god gamefreak its been 6 gens and we still have to manually sort through 700+ pokemon now?

-a better variety of water pokemon while you are surfing or fishing. no more tentacools please.

-give players the option of visiting their own friend safari.
---
3DS FC: 1821-9521-7577 ign space
Pokemon bw2 fc: 1378 9885 3064
#47ShineboltPosted 10/24/2013 8:20:43 AM(edited)
FalxXD posted...
I don't think I game trainer pokemon are ev trained at all, which gives them a major disadvantage.

Your in-game team's EVs will most likely be so screwed up it probably doesn't make much of a difference since half your Aurorus' EVs just went to its Attack stat. Though my Gogoat and Taolonflame did end up with semi-decent EV spreads at least.

gatz900 posted...
-move away from the ten-year-old kid main characters. Allow players to pick any avatar (psychic, karate guy, hiker, swimmer, etc). I was tired of looking at my friends list and seeing the same justin bieber wannabe avatars with either a fedora or baseball cap to distinguish themselves.

The 3D models of the MCs make it pretty apparent that they're not ten. In fact the MC hasn't been ten since at least Platinum because Nintendo specifically designed the 5th gen ones to be teenagers and the 3D model's body structure of the 6th gen MCs does not fit a ten year old but rather a teenager.

I'll agree with the rest though especially the surfing. Jeez so many water types and all I see are goddamn Tentacools.
#48Dark Young LinkPosted 10/24/2013 8:33:33 AM
I'd leave the Exp Share exactly how it is. It's pretty much perfect. What I would do however is...

- Difficulty mode available at the start. Beginner: For young trainers just starting out
Normal: For the typical trainer
Master: For those truly skilled.

Beginner would have lower levled Pokemon, more items available, and more emphasis on teaching the player about Pokemon.

Normal is.... what we've all been playing.

Master: The game has less items (Antidotes, Potions, etc. Mega Stones and such won't be taken away), the AI is more ruthless. All important NPCs (Rivals, Gym Leaders, etc) scale with your level, having a (decent to high high) minimum level. Gym leaders past the second gym will have no less than four Pokemon. All of the Elite Four will have five Pokemon. The Elite Four and Champion will have competitive movesets and items, along with the AI to use them.

I like the idea of all the Elite Four + the Champion having a Mega Pokemon.

Your rival is a loveable jerk and if they beat you, you don't white out, like you normally do, they just rub it in your face and your last Pokemon is just left with 1HP after the match

- People you use the legendary Pokemon against actually reference it and are excited about seeing/battling it.

I like these ideas as well.

- FAR more customization options for the trainers, especially the males. There's so much more to improve on in this, even though I'm happy with what I did get.

- More move tutors. I think we all are looking forward to this.

- Tag Team Wifi battles. Allow someone that isn't next to you to team up with you in the Maison, or have a 2 on 2 battle from across the world.

- Be able to set up rules for multiplayer battles. Being able to allow or ban legendary Pokemon, Megastones, etc.

- People who you share your Friend Code with, along with your rivals in game, should be available as NPCs to fight along side you(For those without internet) in the battle Maison. Rivals have a random set of Pokemon, players have Pokemon in their battle box(No legendaries).

Speaking of legendaries...

- More legendary Pokemon are available. Various sidequest must be completed to gain access to the later ones, however.

- A single HM move may be taken up in a 5th, unavailable in battle slot.
---
I'm not at liberty to discuss things involving random users I've never heard of. Sorry . :) - Allen's wife, speaking about Luster
3DS FC : 3926-5549-8616
#49ZombieAkane(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 9:12:17 AM
Dark Young Link posted...
I'd leave the Exp Share exactly how it is. It's pretty much perfect. What I would do however is...

- Difficulty mode available at the start. Beginner: For young trainers just starting out
Normal: For the typical trainer
Master: For those truly skilled.

Beginner would have lower levled Pokemon, more items available, and more emphasis on teaching the player about Pokemon.

Normal is.... what we've all been playing.

Master: The game has less items (Antidotes, Potions, etc. Mega Stones and such won't be taken away), the AI is more ruthless. All important NPCs (Rivals, Gym Leaders, etc) scale with your level, having a (decent to high high) minimum level. Gym leaders past the second gym will have no less than four Pokemon. All of the Elite Four will have five Pokemon. The Elite Four and Champion will have competitive movesets and items, along with the AI to use them.

I like the idea of all the Elite Four + the Champion having a Mega Pokemon.

Your rival is a loveable jerk and if they beat you, you don't white out, like you normally do, they just rub it in your face and your last Pokemon is just left with 1HP after the match

- People you use the legendary Pokemon against actually reference it and are excited about seeing/battling it.

I like these ideas as well.

- FAR more customization options for the trainers, especially the males. There's so much more to improve on in this, even though I'm happy with what I did get.

- More move tutors. I think we all are looking forward to this.

- Tag Team Wifi battles. Allow someone that isn't next to you to team up with you in the Maison, or have a 2 on 2 battle from across the world.

- Be able to set up rules for multiplayer battles. Being able to allow or ban legendary Pokemon, Megastones, etc.

- People who you share your Friend Code with, along with your rivals in game, should be available as NPCs to fight along side you(For those without internet) in the battle Maison. Rivals have a random set of Pokemon, players have Pokemon in their battle box(No legendaries).

Speaking of legendaries...

- More legendary Pokemon are available. Various sidequest must be completed to gain access to the later ones, however.

- A single HM move may be taken up in a 5th, unavailable in battle slot.

Yes, please Nintendo, give me Master mode right now!!
---
"If I facepalm as hard as I wanted to it would be a mortal kombat fatality" - knightimex
#50ChronoVortexPosted 10/24/2013 9:15:17 AM
People you battle would talk about what actually happened and not just go, "Wow that was close!"
---
Friend Safari: 030198056092 Ariodos, Gloom, Toxicroak