This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Backpacker/New Region Mystery - Solved?

#112ehstevePosted 10/24/2013 4:57:28 AM
So this mainly just theory... So correct me if I'm wrong.

The backpacker who keeps telling you about his region and teases that we'll "see it soon enough" has been bothering people for awhile now. I think I got it... Let's look at some things for a second:

-"Not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos"
-There's both a Champion there AND a device we've never see before
-There's two train stations in the game (one with two tracks) yet only one destination
-There's comparatively nothing for post-game in X and Y
-Apparently the Pokedex has room for 800 Pokémon, but as it stands the highest we can obtain is number 718
-At least three legendaries/event Pokémon have been more or less confirmed, their numbers would be ABOVE 718

Now, when talking to the Backpacker most of the stuff he says just sounds like every new game, "Cool Champion", "New facility unlike anything seen" etc.

But looking at the rest of the stuff mentioned above everyone's more or less come to the conclusion that there's more the game than we know of. And they're right, and Nintendo's confirmed it:

The PokeBank.

Now, I have little knowledge on HOW they'll be implementing this feature into X and Y, but it's been confirmed it will be. No NPCs every mention it, nor have I come across anything in the game that shows HOW it will work.

In B/W in order to get to your previous DS-game Pokémon you needed to become Champion and therefore access the ability to import Pokémon. In D/P, you needed to become Champion to import from GBA games. In HG/SS... You get the point.

So PokeBank will, in all likelihood, NOT give you access to your Pokémon UNTIL you become Champion. So, either they add a feature to your PC to access them, or there's an in-game device to use this feature. A device we've NEVER seen before, which would be true, the PokeBank is completely new to all of us.

If that's the case, and if that's what the Backpacker is referring to then the following assumption can be made:

New Device is PokeBank (or at least access to it in-game)
New Device is in Backpacker's Region
Backpacker's Region has a different Champion
A different Champion would in all likelihood mean a different Elite Four
A different Elite Four would most like mean different Gym Badges needed

So, could it be therefore assumed that with the launch of the PokeBank we will be given access to a new region within X and Y? Perhaps how Kanto is accessible via a train/ship after becoming Champion in G/S?

Provided this is true, it could mean we'll be getting access to an entire new region when Nintendo launches the PokeBank, this would explain the Backpacker's purpose and messages (and possibly the Strange Souvenir as it's a USABLE item) as well as the seemingly lacking amount of post-game AND new Pokémon as well as the lack of anything hinted at in-game for how to use the PokeBank.

But then again, I could be wrong...

Thoughts?
---
http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee424/ehsteve12/
My Legend of Zelda Collection - Last update Oct. 7/13
#2shadyguyrockmanPosted 10/24/2013 4:59:08 AM
This might just be about right...
---
Platinum FC: 2063 1730 8794; HeartGold FC - 0560 9058 5184; Diamond FC - 3179 2247 2864; Black FC - 2279 2860 5022; White FC - 3138 5784 9025
#3A Novel IdeaPosted 10/24/2013 5:00:24 AM
i doubt it
#4AlavardPosted 10/24/2013 5:04:41 AM
12ehsteve posted...

So PokeBank will, in all likelihood, NOT give you access to your Pokémon UNTIL you become Champion. So, either they add a feature to your PC to access them, or there's an in-game device to use this feature. A device we've NEVER seen before, which would be true, the PokeBank is completely new to all of us.

You can use the PokeBank very early on, according to the official info from Nintendo/GameFreak.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/

"Can I use Pokémon Bank as soon as it finishes downloading, or must I reach a certain point in my Pokémon X or Pokémon Y game first?"

"If you download Pokémon Bank to your system in the Nintendo 3DS family, you will be able to use it at any point after obtaining your Pokédex in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. You cannot use it if you have Pokémon X or Pokémon Y but have not begun the game."
#5FuneralCakePosted 10/24/2013 5:06:00 AM
I think it's a pretty huge stretch. Would it be cool if that happened? Sure. Do I expect it to happen? Definitely not.

I feel like people are just reading too much into things. For example, taking "you'll see soon enough" to literally mean "very very soon" instead of within the next few years.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104
#6pokerealmPosted 10/24/2013 5:06:55 AM
Even though I love the idea, I highly doubt it would be anything like this. That said, there's still hope for extra content (hopefully another region) in some other way I can't think of :D
#7RPG_ApostlePosted 10/24/2013 5:08:14 AM
I hope it's true.

More content is always welcome.
---
I miss Mega Man.
#812ehsteve(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 5:24:41 AM
Alavard posted...
12ehsteve posted...

You can use the PokeBank very early on, according to the official info from Nintendo/GameFreak.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/

"Can I use Pokémon Bank as soon as it finishes downloading, or must I reach a certain point in my Pokémon X or Pokémon Y game first?"

"If you download Pokémon Bank to your system in the Nintendo 3DS family, you will be able to use it at any point after obtaining your Pokédex in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. You cannot use it if you have Pokémon X or Pokémon Y but have not begun the game."

Ah, see I didn't know much about the Bank. Seems weird they'd let you use them from the start given their history of making you wait until post-E4
---
#9EscheriaPosted 10/24/2013 5:53:19 AM
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/pokemon_bank_faq/
Can I still play Pokémon X and Pokémon Y if I don't have Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter? Will I be missing out on ways to play and things to enjoy compared to other players?
You can fully enjoy Pokémon X and Pokémon Y without Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter.

Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter enable you to store far more Pokémon online than you can in the Boxes within Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, and to bring your Pokémon from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, and Pokémon White 2 to these games. Even without the ability to store far more Pokémon or bring Pokémon from these previous games, you can fully enjoy what Pokémon X and Pokémon Y have to offer.

This kinda implies there's no DLC activated by the Bank app or else the first sentence of the answer would be a lie.

Fyi, there are more regions than the main 6. There's Almia and Orre, for instance :)
---
3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834. In-game name: Esch
3DS games I own: Pokemon X, MH3U, KI:U, OoT3D, LM 2, SMB3DL
#1012ehsteve(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 5:58:26 AM
Escheria posted...
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/pokemon_bank_faq/
Can I still play Pokémon X and Pokémon Y if I don't have Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter? Will I be missing out on ways to play and things to enjoy compared to other players?
You can fully enjoy Pokémon X and Pokémon Y without Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter.

Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter enable you to store far more Pokémon online than you can in the Boxes within Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, and to bring your Pokémon from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, and Pokémon White 2 to these games. Even without the ability to store far more Pokémon or bring Pokémon from these previous games, you can fully enjoy what Pokémon X and Pokémon Y have to offer.

This kinda implies there's no DLC activated by the Bank app or else the first sentence of the answer would be a lie.

Not really. Who's to say it's even DLC? It could already be in the game. Regardless however, the bank could be in this new region, you just don't HAVE to use it/activate it to enjoy what X and Y have to offer. It's just there.
---