This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Teach me how to chain shiny pokemon with the Poke Radar!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Teach me how to chain shiny pokemon with the Poke Radar!

User Info: JJCTroy

JJCTroy
3 years ago#31
JIRACHIFANMMX posted...
Question will going into the menu and changingmy pokemon will resest it.
if i accidently break the chain is it a smarter idea to soft reset or start over?

Going into the main menu will not reset your chain; changing your lead Pokemon will not reset your chain. And, yes, it is a good idea to soft reset after you've broken your chain. Why waste the repels?

User Info: JIRACHIFANMMX

JIRACHIFANMMX
3 years ago#32
The reason i asked the second question is soft reseting changes the rng calculation.
so i wasn't sure if that would lower my chance of seeing a shiny.

I know it wouldn't break the chain because i tested it many times and i kept finding flabebe so i knew my chain was fine the only time i broke the chain i THOUGHT the grass was shaking fast and loud and was mistaken.

The weird thing is the whole pokeradar rules i saw i never had issuse of breaking a chain by using the borders of the field.
RAINBOW!
thesaurus.com/browse/stupidity Ignorance is right their

User Info: JJCTroy

JJCTroy
3 years ago#33
JIRACHIFANMMX posted...

The weird thing is the whole pokeradar rules i saw i never had issuse of breaking a chain by using the borders of the field.

Yeah, some of those rules may simply be superstition at this point; however, it's best to stick by them to increase your overall chances. As a matter of fact, the sparkled patch was on a border, so you may be on to something.

Still though, around 30-40 chains, it's not worth the risk. Stick to the 4 in one direction, 1-3 in another, rule.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Teach me how to chain shiny pokemon with the Poke Radar!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived