This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Teach me how to chain shiny pokemon with the Poke Radar!

#31JJCTroyPosted 10/26/2013 6:25:03 AM
JIRACHIFANMMX posted...
Question will going into the menu and changingmy pokemon will resest it.
if i accidently break the chain is it a smarter idea to soft reset or start over?

Going into the main menu will not reset your chain; changing your lead Pokemon will not reset your chain. And, yes, it is a good idea to soft reset after you've broken your chain. Why waste the repels?
#32JIRACHIFANMMXPosted 10/26/2013 6:31:51 AM
The reason i asked the second question is soft reseting changes the rng calculation.
so i wasn't sure if that would lower my chance of seeing a shiny.

I know it wouldn't break the chain because i tested it many times and i kept finding flabebe so i knew my chain was fine the only time i broke the chain i THOUGHT the grass was shaking fast and loud and was mistaken.

The weird thing is the whole pokeradar rules i saw i never had issuse of breaking a chain by using the borders of the field.
---
RAINBOW!
thesaurus.com/browse/stupidity Ignorance is right their
#33JJCTroyPosted 10/26/2013 6:52:44 AM
JIRACHIFANMMX posted...

The weird thing is the whole pokeradar rules i saw i never had issuse of breaking a chain by using the borders of the field.

Yeah, some of those rules may simply be superstition at this point; however, it's best to stick by them to increase your overall chances. As a matter of fact, the sparkled patch was on a border, so you may be on to something.

Still though, around 30-40 chains, it's not worth the risk. Stick to the 4 in one direction, 1-3 in another, rule.