Guide to breeding pokemon with Perfect or near-Perfect IVs ver 1.1

RodolfoCM
Posted: 12/23/2013 4:12:36 AM
Jhossain posted...
I have a question, with the destiny knot will only 5 IV will be passed down or is that the minimum? Judging from my tries, i think it's only 5 but i want to be sure

Only 5. The last one will be a random number from 0 to 31.

KeroroGunsou posted...
I can't tell how to decide which stat a pokemon doesn't need. Couldn't google up any IV spreads or suggestions. Breeding for 6iv is a pain, so i'd better go with 5iv instead. But how do i tell which stat is not crucial? Does it depend on pokemon itself in general or by the nature you chose? with -10% being not crucial?
For example if i want a 5iv chesnaught with impish nature, do i go with 31/31/31/x/31/31, as Sp.Atk is lowered by nature anyway? Or it's vice versa and i'd better compensate by having a 31 in Sp.Atk instead?

Depends on the Pokémon, basically. Each Pokémon, in most but not all cases, relies in one kind of attack (special attack or pure attack), depending on his base special attack or pure attack value and its movepool. If your Pokémon is going to use only special attacks (you decided so because the base special attack is higher than the base pure attack and your special attack movepool is better), you can choose a nature that will benefit special attack, hinder pure attack and, because of that, forget about a perfect IV on pure attack. Got it?

No Action Available

No actions are currently available to you with this message.