This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guide to breeding pokemon with Perfect or near-Perfect IVs ver 1.1

#151Terotrous(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 10:16:24 AMmessage detail
Mivo posted...
I have a question!

The guide mentions that for six perfect IVs, two parents with the same five perfect IVs are needed. I was trying for only five perfect IVs and used two parents that each had five perfect IVs, but all six between them.

The IV rater says about one of their babies:

This Pokemon has outstanding potential overall.
That's how I judge it, anyway.
Incidentally, I would say its greatest potential lies in its HP.
But its Attack stat is good, too.
Hmm. And its Defense stat is good, too.
Although its Sp. Attack is equally good.
Its Sp. Def stat seems just as good, though.
And, well, its Speed stat is good, too.
Stats like those ... They simply can't be beat!

Does this mean it is a perfect baby?

Yes, that's perfection. Congratulations.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#152Samuel 025Posted 10/27/2013 11:16:15 AMmessage detail
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but sending eggs to a foreign game does not make it a foreign Pokemon when it hatches. It has to be bred on their game.
---
They call him a liar because he M'aiq's things up.
3DS: 4484-8261-6119 Y: Sam
#153Mr_Snipe1994Posted 10/27/2013 11:58:08 AMmessage detail
So you said use a Destiny Knot if the Pokemon have 4 perfect IV's between them? So if the Ditto itself has 4 perfect IV's you shouldn't use the power items?
---
3DS: 0645 5867 4617
#154koggxPosted 10/27/2013 1:12:12 PMmessage detail
lighterfluid6 posted...
Is there an easy way to do this with genderless Pokemon? I'd like to breed a good IV Starmie.

4IV Staryu + 3IV Ditto is your best bet barring extreme luck. It's still possible to get a 5IV from this, but the odds are like 1 in 48.

what are the odds of getting a 5 IV one with both the DItto and Staryu having 4? as yesterday i quiet lucky and caught a 4 Perfect IV ditto with perfect IVs in HP
,Sp.attack ,Sp.defense, and Speed
---
www.freewebs.com/kingofgamesgx
#155Meganium7Posted 10/27/2013 2:17:47 PMmessage detail
I've been working on breeding abras for a few hours now and am having a hell of a time.

I got relatively quickly to the point where I have a timid male with magic guard, and IVs in HP, special attack, and speed. So I'm using one of my dittos with defense and special defense trying to get those to round off. The abra is holding the everstone and ditto the knot. I have currently since reaching that point gone through about 30-40 abras and can't get anything to push the process forward. Each batch of 5 on average only has one or two magic guard ones, so the others go out the window right away. Then those ones are only ever ending up with 1 or 2 perfect IVs even though the parents have all 5 between the two. Am I just getting super unlucky or is something going wrong here?

I shiver at the thought of also adding another RNG layer to this when I get to the point of needing a female, since they're almost all males so far.
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Paiguy
http://i.imgur.com/FNq8ABS.png
#156Terotrous(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 3:14:34 PMmessage detail
Samuel 025 posted...
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but sending eggs to a foreign game does not make it a foreign Pokemon when it hatches. It has to be bred on their game.

Good to know, I took that out of the wiki.

koggx posted...
what are the odds of getting a 5 IV one with both the DItto and Staryu having 4? as yesterday i quiet lucky and caught a 4 Perfect IV ditto with perfect IVs in HP

1 in 24, same as if not using a Ditto.

Meganium7 posted...
I've been working on breeding abras for a few hours now and am having a hell of a time.

I got relatively quickly to the point where I have a timid male with magic guard, and IVs in HP, special attack, and speed. So I'm using one of my dittos with defense and special defense trying to get those to round off. The abra is holding the everstone and ditto the knot. I have currently since reaching that point gone through about 30-40 abras and can't get anything to push the process forward. Each batch of 5 on average only has one or two magic guard ones, so the others go out the window right away. Then those ones are only ever ending up with 1 or 2 perfect IVs even though the parents have all 5 between the two. Am I just getting super unlucky or is something going wrong here?

I shiver at the thought of also adding another RNG layer to this when I get to the point of needing a female, since they're almost all males so far.

Don't throw out your abras just because they don't have magic guard. A 4IV without the HA can breed with a female that does have the HA and you can still get it just as effectively.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#157FrostaquaPosted 10/27/2013 3:33:23 PMmessage detail
Mr_Snipe1994 posted...
So you said use a Destiny Knot if the Pokemon have 4 perfect IV's between them? So if the Ditto itself has 4 perfect IV's you shouldn't use the power items?

Only if you don't care about nature. If you already have 5 IV Pokemon with best nature and need to get 5 IV opposite sex quickly, then Destiny Knot and Power Item is fine.

koggx posted...
lighterfluid6 posted...
Is there an easy way to do this with genderless Pokemon? I'd like to breed a good IV Starmie.

4IV Staryu + 3IV Ditto is your best bet barring extreme luck. It's still possible to get a 5IV from this, but the odds are like 1 in 48.

Getting flawless Staryu is extremely hard because not many are able to getting 4 IV Ditto. Sure, you could getting 5 IV Staryu from 4 IV Staryu and Ditto if both parents have at least 1 different IV stats (no overlap). The probability of getting 5 IV Natural Cure Staryu is 1/30 or 3.33%. I hope you have Natural Cure Staryu as parent.

Meganium7 posted...

You are doing wrong. You aren't getting 5 IV out of magic. Because the odds is awful if you want 5 IV Abra, using parents above. Even worse, you want Magic Guard, making it nearly impossible. The probability of getting 5 IV Magic Guard Abra is 1/320.

(Haha, oh wow. I just took a look and found out that Abra's gender ratio is 75%/25%.)

First, I recommend get HP/Def Ditto (or Ditto must have one same IV as male Abra and one different IV that male Abra doesn't have.) Your primary task is getting 4 IV Magic Guard Abra first, (for example, HP/Def/SpA/Spe). It should be 1/40. Better than nothing. And if you do manage to get female Abra with Magic Guard, keep it! Use Ditto to breed with female Magic Guard Abra (get the remaining missing IV, that is very important! For example, get SpD). After that, use female Abra to breed with 4 IV male Abra. Getting female Abra with 4 IV is no easy task. Just keep breeding with patient. Parents should have at least one different IV (no overlap). That is best odds you can get. Good luck.
#158Meganium7Posted 10/27/2013 3:41:10 PMmessage detail(edited)
but I do need a female with magic guard for it to carry down once I phase out the ditto, since it's a hidden ability? (or is it not and I'm just horribly misinformed)

but I should keep looking at the non guard male ones for 4 IVs so I can eventually breed that with a female assuming I am not the aforementioned flavor of horribly misinformed?
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Paiguy
http://i.imgur.com/FNq8ABS.png
#159koggxPosted 10/27/2013 4:53:59 PMmessage detail
koggx posted...
lighterfluid6 posted...

Getting flawless Staryu is extremely hard because not many are able to getting 4 IV Ditto. Sure, you could getting 5 IV Staryu from 4 IV Staryu and Ditto if both parents have at least 1 different IV stats (no overlap). The probability of getting 5 IV Natural Cure Staryu is 1/30 or 3.33%. I hope you have Natural Cure Staryu as parent.

the Staryu i have caught but yet to breed do have natural cure and the DItto i have is damn near perfect for breeding a perfect Staryu with every max IV i'd want but Defense so i think i should be ok (just got done breeding a perfect Bagon with Dragon Dance and Hydro Pump)

still before i get started i gotta hatch a female Riolu with bullet punch and its hidden ability so i can continue on with my breeding (reason i say continue on and not simply breed it is because i have to wait till tomorrow to evolve the Riolu i get to breed it anyway) for a near perfect Physical Lucario
---
www.freewebs.com/kingofgamesgx
#160Churros007Posted 10/27/2013 8:19:58 PMmessage detail
You really should mention that you can inbreed parents and offspring. I had male parents that had 5 IVs but the wrong ability that had offspring females with the right ability but inferior stats. If I had know that I could inbreed parents with children it would have made things so much easier.
---
Add me on Animal Crossing: New Leaf! :D
FC: 4682-8453-5179