This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guide to breeding pokemon with Perfect or near-Perfect IVs ver 1.1

#21ImatygahrawrPosted 10/24/2013 9:29:42 AMmessage detail
Incredibly helpful guide, thank you for taking the time to post it :) now to find a ditto safari...
---
3DS FC: 1907-9225-0305
#22Terotrous(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 9:31:06 AMmessage detail
David_741 posted...
4 IV Dittos are very sought after.

I hit the lottery and actually caught one of them. There's no question he has become the focal point of my breeding chains, but this guide does not assume that you are so lucky.

But what you can't do is get that max 1/6 chance you can when you consectively breed, changing parents whenever.

This is true. I wouldn't even contemplate going for 6 perfect with a pokemon that can't have both male and female.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#23ineeddrugzPosted 10/24/2013 9:33:51 AMmessage detail
Alright, got two spd boost torchic with the same 5 IVs.

Hp x
Atk 31
Sp atk 31
Def 31
Sp def 31
Spd 31

Gonna breed the hell outta them and hope for the best....and by best, I mean I hope it won't take me all day.
---
3DS: 5112-3586-4083
NNID - brooklynwolf
#24jnetheryPosted 10/24/2013 9:40:09 AMmessage detail
I think I should mention that from the breeding I've done, it is possible that HAs are affected by the Everstone (in addition to being weighted toward the female). If I breed a HA Male @Evertstone with a standard Female, most of the babies still have the HA (I'd say about 60-70%). If I swap the everstone, the occurrences of HAs drops sharply. Needs more rigorous testing, as maybe I've just been lucky, but this has happened a lot. My advice is if you have two parents with the same nature, put the everstone on whoever has the HA (if only one does). If they both do, put it on the female.
---
1: If you think your opinion is fact, then I will ignore you.
2: If you butcher the English language or abuse Netspeak, see #1.
#25Terotrous(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 9:44:22 AMmessage detail
jnethery posted...
I think I should mention that from the breeding I've done, it is possible that HAs are affected by the Everstone (in addition to being weighted toward the female). If I breed a HA Male @Evertstone with a standard Female, most of the babies still have the HA (I'd say about 60-70%). If I swap the everstone, the occurrences of HAs drops sharply. Needs more rigorous testing, as maybe I've just been lucky, but this has happened a lot. My advice is if you have two parents with the same nature, put the everstone on whoever has the HA (if only one does). If they both do, put it on the female.

I originally thought Everstone affected it to some degree, but if it does, it's definitely the female's ability that gets passed down most often even if the male holds the everstone. Bulbapedia claims this happens even without the everstone so they're probably right.
---
#26jnetheryPosted 10/24/2013 9:52:08 AMmessage detail
Terotrous posted...
jnethery posted...

I originally thought Everstone affected it to some degree, but if it does, it's definitely the female's ability that gets passed down most often even if the male holds the everstone. Bulbapedia claims this happens even without the everstone so they're probably right.

Like I said, maybe I've just been lucky, but if you only have a male w/ the HA and a regular female, it can't hurt to put the everstone on the male. Maybe it doesn't actually do anything, but it seems like it does and you aren't losing anything by doing this.

Also, glad to see you adopted the marking system for the new version of the guide!
---
#27Terotrous(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 10:13:28 AMmessage detail(edited)
jnethery posted...
Like I said, maybe I've just been lucky, but if you only have a male w/ the HA and a regular female, it can't hurt to put the everstone on the male. Maybe it doesn't actually do anything, but it seems like it does and you aren't losing anything by doing this.

I tried it before and I was practically never getting the HA when the female didn't have it. That's why I always recommend you get a female that has it first.

Also, glad to see you adopted the marking system for the new version of the guide!

Yeah it's clearly superior since you can mark the babies too and you don't have to take them to the name rater. Also, lots of people use it, many of the pokemon I get from wonder trade or GTS are marked.
---
#28jnetheryPosted 10/24/2013 10:35:12 AMmessage detail
Terotrous posted...
Yeah it's clearly superior since you can mark the babies too and you don't have to take them to the name rater. Also, lots of people use it, many of the pokemon I get from wonder trade or GTS are marked.

I hope that someday GameFreak realizes this and improves the marking system to include a 3-state mark (such as gray -> blue -> red -> gray). This way you could mark 0's as well as 31's. Or, you know, they could just actually have a stat page that shows the IVs... >_>
---
#29xyzmanPosted 10/24/2013 10:42:51 AMmessage detail
Does this mean that Destiny knot + all 31 IV Ditto will always produce five 31 IVd offspring in X/Y?

I am definitely buying this 5 bucks/year app... Can't wait for my RNG'd pokes to become breeding meat.
---
In vodka veritas
#30jnetheryPosted 10/24/2013 10:56:50 AMmessage detail
xyzman posted...
Does this mean that Destiny knot + all 31 IV Ditto will always produce five 31 IVd offspring in X/Y?

I am definitely buying this 5 bucks/year app... Can't wait for my RNG'd pokes to become breeding meat.

My understanding is that IV's are randomly selected from both parents, and they can overlap. So it might choose Atk from the Ditto, but also Atk from the other parent (passing on the second one selected). If you breed two perfect parents, the worst you can get is a child with 3 31's (though this is less likely than getting 4-5 31's). Feel free to correct me if this is wrong.
---