This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guide to breeding pokemon with Perfect or near-Perfect IVs ver 1.1

#241Haxorus612Posted 11/5/2013 3:42:08 PMmessage detail
Looking for a ditto friend safari
My code is 4613-7643-5831

Respond with friend code please
#242Terotrous(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 9:31:32 PMmessage detail
I just bred a 6IV Naive Gale Wings Fletchling in about 3 hours start to finish. There is no question that the trick is to phase out the Ditto ASAP (that faster egg generation is vital) and make sure the 5IVs have their 5IVs in different stats.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#243EK91Posted 11/6/2013 4:04:35 AMmessage detail
So, if I breed a 5IV pokemon holding a destiny knot, does that mean that the ditto's IV's won't be considered and it gets automatically transferred to the baby? Just wanted to know 100% before I start. :)
#244DunnoBroPosted 11/6/2013 9:54:35 AMmessage detail
Should magikarp be worth mentioning for new breeders?

Lowest egg cycles in the game and covers dragon egg group when you're done. Seems like it'd be a good pokemon to get the hang of things with, especially as Gyarados is also a good competitive pokemon.

You can fill a box with karps in about 45 mins
---
3DS FC: 3308 4781 6052 (Pokemon Y Ingame name is Isaac)
#245koggxPosted 11/6/2013 11:16:55 AMmessage detail
So, if I breed a 5IV pokemon holding a destiny knot, does that mean that the ditto's IV's won't be considered and it gets automatically transferred to the baby? Just wanted to know 100% before I start. :)

No Destiny knot passes IVs from either parents not just the one holding it
---
www.freewebs.com/kingofgamesgx
#246GuerillaGorillaPosted 11/6/2013 5:27:02 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#247jmido8Posted 11/6/2013 6:03:53 PMmessage detail
Is it normal to get 90% males when breeding or is there a way to manipulate it? I bred like 30 charmanders and got like 2-3 females total.
---
FC- 3308 6011 3428
#248fuzi11Posted 11/6/2013 9:23:51 PMmessage detail
First time breeder here

I try to make a perfect Marill (well I can live without Sp. ATK)
the dad has 5 perfect IVs in everything except speed, the mom in everything except attack.
mom is holding everstone, dad is holding destiny knot.

Is it better if mom has 3 perfect IVs and dad has 3 perfect IVs in the other stats?

Is there a problem with overlaying perfect IVs? because after what feels like 3 days of breeding I only got four 5 IV Marills (with 3 having the wrong ability) and by luck one 6 IV Marill with the wrong ability :(
#249koggxPosted 11/6/2013 11:15:16 PMmessage detail
First time breeder here

I try to make a perfect Marill (well I can live without Sp. ATK)
the dad has 5 perfect IVs in everything except speed, the mom in everything except attack.
mom is holding everstone, dad is holding destiny knot.

Is it better if mom has 3 perfect IVs and dad has 3 perfect IVs in the other stats?

Is there a problem with overlaying perfect IVs? because after what feels like 3 days of breeding I only got four 5 IV Marills (with 3 having the wrong ability) and by luck one 6 IV Marill with the wrong ability :(

as long as its not a Hidden ability you can use the ability capsule on it you get it from the battle maison for 200BP
---
www.freewebs.com/kingofgamesgx
#250NytemareRulezPosted 11/7/2013 4:15:55 AMmessage detail
Few clarifications

I know a Ditto + Male can pass HA now at a lower rate but what about a Ditto + Female w/HA can its HA still be passed down?

For Ditto Safari - so if I add someone and than remove them they still can use my safari? Just have to be online once with them so they get all 3 slots and than I can delete?

I am currently breeding a Female GIble with Perfect in HP, Atk, Def, with Male Dratini with Perfect in Def, Sp.Atk, Sp. Def, Spd - it taking ages to get an egg, I just did this with a male and female Gible to get the 3x perfect I have on it now, and most times I would hatch the last egg before he gave me another one, am I doing something wrong here?

Destiny Knot - it does 5 can it do all 5 from male, or does the system always give one IV from both parents?