This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guide to breeding pokemon with Perfect or near-Perfect IVs ver 1.1

#331Run_2_the_HillsPosted 12/10/2013 1:42:13 PMmessage detail(edited)
EnvoyofunoII posted...
What's the best way to get Kangaskhan past 3-4IVs? SInce you can't breed male ones and continue on like that...

I have a Ditto of every nature, some with 3IVs (but unfortunately ALL of my 3IVs have a 0IV as well........). Right now I'm continuously breeding 3IV Kangaskhans, but I can't move past it. Haven't even bred a 4 yet, but I assume that's just luck considering I'm breeding my Attack/Defense/Speed Everstone Kangaskhan with an HP/Defense/Sp. Def Ditto and I never get anything after like 30 eggs.

And eggs are a ***** here, because Ditto won't **** it. It takes like 10 minutes to get a single egg. So I'm pretty much about to just quit trying to play "competitive" (this is my first attempt at making semi-perfect Pokemon).

if you have a lot of dittos and a lot of 3 iv kangaskan you can use the psuedo RNG method (that's about all i use now) since kang is all female or if you dont want to do that you can breed a male pokemon w/ more iv that's also in kang's egg group.
---
FC: 0834-2045-9046 IGN: mrp
friend safari: psychic grumpig, espurr, gothorita
#332Gundam FanPosted 12/11/2013 6:34:19 PMmessage detail
Nice guide. Boy that still sounds like a lot of work. Only thing I 'm missing is the ditto safari...
---
Fanboys make Thomas Paine cry. STOP MAKING HIM CRY!!!
#333super5045KAmonPosted 12/11/2013 8:20:39 PMmessage detail
I got a question:

My Ditto got 31 IVs in HP, Speed and Defense
My Bulbasaur got 31 IVs in Defense, Special attack and Special defense

I've read the guide and from what I understand, if you want to still have the nature you need to everstone that pokemon and destiny knot the other one.

Currently I got Everstone on my Bulbasaur, who is modest and the nature I want and destiny knotted my Ditto. But for some reason I only get 2-3 IVs from the Bulbasaur IV's and none from the Ditto.

My question is, am I doing something wrong or do I just need to hatch more eggs?

Thanks beforehand
#334Pikachu222Posted 12/12/2013 2:05:01 PMmessage detail
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but you might want to add a part about baby pokemon having 3 IVs as a good alternative to ditto safaris. I know ditto is useful for breeding with anyone, but the baby pokemon have been really useful too if you can match up the egg groups. Just a suggestion, and thanks for this guide it has been really helpful to me.
#335Assassin2713Posted 12/15/2013 9:08:27 AMmessage detail
So I don't need a Modest, Adamant, etc Ditto that ALSO has near perfect IVs, right? I just need one to pass down the nature, then take the baby with the right nature + Everstone and breed it with a Ditto with great IVs(could be any nature Ditto because I'm just passing down IVs with Destiny Knot)?
---
Friend Code: 0018-1136-2827
#336alpachecPosted 12/15/2013 9:33:23 AMmessage detail
Assassin2713 posted...
So I don't need a Modest, Adamant, etc Ditto that ALSO has near perfect IVs, right? I just need one to pass down the nature, then take the baby with the right nature + Everstone and breed it with a Ditto with great IVs(could be any nature Ditto because I'm just passing down IVs with Destiny Knot)?

True. Also, the first step (getting a non-ditto with the right nature) is very quick with the only possible complications may be gender or ability.
---
Where can I buy a sarcasm detector? Mine is broken
3DS FC: 3411-1630-3825 ~ IGN: Filraen ~ Pokemon X Safari. Beautifly, Heracross, Butterfree ~ TSV: 377 - 1443
#337Encore_BladePosted 12/16/2013 10:41:57 PMmessage detail
Terotrous posted...

Breeding Basics: (IVs, Hold Items, Natures, Abilities, Egg Moves)

- Every pokemon has 6 IVs, one for each stat, and they range from 0 to 31. These are determined when a pokemon is born (or encountered in the wild) and can never be changed. An IV of 31 is considered a perfect IV, as it gives optimal stats.

- Under normal circumstances IVs are chosen randomly, but when breeding you can pass down IVs from parents to babies. There are many ways to manipulate what gets passed down, and if done properly, you can get 5 perfect IVs fairly easily.

- Under normal circumstances, babies inherit 3 random IVs, each chosen from a random parent. However, if the parents hold certain items, these passed IVs can be manipulated. Holding a Power Item guarantees that parent will pass down that stat, for example if the mother holds Power Anklet her Speed IV will always be passed down. However, only one parent can hold a Power Item, you cannot pass 2 IVs this way. If a parent holds the Destiny Knot, 5 IVs are inherited instead of 3.

I've got a question. I have a 5 IV (HP, Atk, SpA, SpD, Speed) Inkay and a 2 IV (HP, Def) Inkay. I've given the 5 IV Inkay a Destiny Knot, and the 2 IV Inkay a Power Belt? (the one for Def). If the Destiny knot passes down 5 and the Power Item guarantees a passed down stat, shouldn't I be getting a 6 IV Inkay? When I do it in the game, that is not what I am getting. Heck, one even only had one or two perfect IVs. Could someone explain to me what is going on.
---
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/PatrickStar101/Symbolresizeinverted.png
#338koggxPosted 12/16/2013 11:41:17 PMmessage detail
Terotrous posted...

Breeding Basics: (IVs, Hold Items, Natures, Abilities, Egg Moves)

- Every pokemon has 6 IVs, one for each stat, and they range from 0 to 31. These are determined when a pokemon is born (or encountered in the wild) and can never be changed. An IV of 31 is considered a perfect IV, as it gives optimal stats.

- Under normal circumstances IVs are chosen randomly, but when breeding you can pass down IVs from parents to babies. There are many ways to manipulate what gets passed down, and if done properly, you can get 5 perfect IVs fairly easily.

- Under normal circumstances, babies inherit 3 random IVs, each chosen from a random parent. However, if the parents hold certain items, these passed IVs can be manipulated. Holding a Power Item guarantees that parent will pass down that stat, for example if the mother holds Power Anklet her Speed IV will always be passed down. However, only one parent can hold a Power Item, you cannot pass 2 IVs this way. If a parent holds the Destiny Knot, 5 IVs are inherited instead of 3.

I've got a question. I have a 5 IV (HP, Atk, SpA, SpD, Speed) Inkay and a 2 IV (HP, Def) Inkay. I've given the 5 IV Inkay a Destiny Knot, and the 2 IV Inkay a Power Belt? (the one for Def). If the Destiny knot passes down 5 and the Power Item guarantees a passed down stat, shouldn't I be getting a 6 IV Inkay? When I do it in the game, that is not what I am getting. Heck, one even only had one or two perfect IVs. Could someone explain to me what is going on.

No power Item+Destiny knot doesn't get you 6 IV pokemon every time as the power item just assures one of the 5 IVs destiny knot passes is locked also Destiny knot passes 5 IVs from either Parent so even if the one holding it had 5 seeing the other only had 2 perfect IVs it could pass all the imperfect ones from the 2 IV parent
---
www.freewebs.com/kingofgamesgx
#339Encore_BladePosted 12/17/2013 12:57:51 AMmessage detail
Ah ok that clears that up but now I have another question. I've ended up with two 5 IV pokemon. However, I still need a perfect IV in a stat that the two pokemon don't have. These are a Def IV on the first pokemon and a Speed IV on the second pokemon. How can I do it so that I can end up with at least perfect IVs in HP, Atk, Def, SpD, and Speed?

Also, I breed the two 5 IV pokemon together. If both have perfect HP IVs, why is it some of the children born aren't getting a perfect HP IV?
---
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/PatrickStar101/Symbolresizeinverted.png
#340koggxPosted 12/17/2013 2:40:57 AMmessage detail
Ah ok that clears that up but now I have another question. I've ended up with two 5 IV pokemon. However, I still need a perfect IV in a stat that the two pokemon don't have. These are a Def IV on the first pokemon and a Speed IV on the second pokemon. How can I do it so that I can end up with at least perfect IVs in HP, Atk, Def, SpD, and Speed?

Also, I breed the two 5 IV pokemon together. If both have perfect HP IVs, why is it some of the children born aren't getting a perfect HP IV?

one of the stats will be a random while the other 5 will be passed down from either parent so even if both parents were to have 6 perfect IVs the offspring would still only have 5 unless the random stat happened to be a 31 as well

also do you mean the parents perfect IVs look like this ?

Parent 1: HP Attack Sp.attack Sp.defense Speed

Parent 2: HP Attack Defense Sp.attack Sp.defense

if so you just gotta keep breeding until the right stats are passed from the right parent and the random falls on Sp.attack
---
www.freewebs.com/kingofgamesgx