This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guide to breeding pokemon with Perfect or near-Perfect IVs ver 1.1

#341Run_2_the_HillsPosted 12/17/2013 3:55:10 PMmessage detail
Encore_Blade posted...
Ah ok that clears that up but now I have another question. I've ended up with two 5 IV pokemon. However, I still need a perfect IV in a stat that the two pokemon don't have. These are a Def IV on the first pokemon and a Speed IV on the second pokemon. How can I do it so that I can end up with at least perfect IVs in HP, Atk, Def, SpD, and Speed?

Also, I breed the two 5 IV pokemon together. If both have perfect HP IVs, why is it some of the children born aren't getting a perfect HP IV?

1st

hp
att
sa
spd
spe

2nd

hp
att
def
sa
spd

just keep breeding until it takes the speed from the first poke and defense from the second poke and hope that your random is special attack or the random is a iv 31.

as for the 2nd question it's because the random is hp. there is always one random stat when using the destiny knot.
---
FC: 0834-2045-9046 IGN: mrp
friend safari: psychic grumpig, espurr, gothorita
#342Bigred4242Posted 12/21/2013 10:43:43 AMmessage detail
How do you breed a perfect wobbuffet with encore?
#343JhossainPosted 12/21/2013 2:38:02 PMmessage detail
I have a question, with the destiny knot will only 5 IV will be passed down or is that the minimum? Judging from my tries, i think it's only 5 but i want to be sure
---
Ace's rookie breeder
IGN: Zakir, 3ds: 4270-1593-8226, Safari: Psychic w/ Abra, Gothorita and Wobuffet
#344KeroroGunsouPosted 12/22/2013 2:08:23 PMmessage detail
I can't tell how to decide which stat a pokemon doesn't need. Couldn't google up any IV spreads or suggestions. Breeding for 6iv is a pain, so i'd better go with 5iv instead. But how do i tell which stat is not crucial? Does it depend on pokemon itself in general or by the nature you chose? with -10% being not crucial?
For example if i want a 5iv chesnaught with impish nature, do i go with 31/31/31/x/31/31, as Sp.Atk is lowered by nature anyway? Or it's vice versa and i'd better compensate by having a 31 in Sp.Atk instead?
---
Pokemon X, TSV:3010, FC:4596-9778-4021, Fairy: Dedenne/Mawile/Cleffairy, InGameName: Denechka
#345RodolfoCMPosted 12/23/2013 4:12:36 AMmessage detail
Jhossain posted...
I have a question, with the destiny knot will only 5 IV will be passed down or is that the minimum? Judging from my tries, i think it's only 5 but i want to be sure

Only 5. The last one will be a random number from 0 to 31.

KeroroGunsou posted...
I can't tell how to decide which stat a pokemon doesn't need. Couldn't google up any IV spreads or suggestions. Breeding for 6iv is a pain, so i'd better go with 5iv instead. But how do i tell which stat is not crucial? Does it depend on pokemon itself in general or by the nature you chose? with -10% being not crucial?
For example if i want a 5iv chesnaught with impish nature, do i go with 31/31/31/x/31/31, as Sp.Atk is lowered by nature anyway? Or it's vice versa and i'd better compensate by having a 31 in Sp.Atk instead?

Depends on the Pokémon, basically. Each Pokémon, in most but not all cases, relies in one kind of attack (special attack or pure attack), depending on his base special attack or pure attack value and its movepool. If your Pokémon is going to use only special attacks (you decided so because the base special attack is higher than the base pure attack and your special attack movepool is better), you can choose a nature that will benefit special attack, hinder pure attack and, because of that, forget about a perfect IV on pure attack. Got it?
#346slantedassassinPosted 12/26/2013 2:44:24 AMmessage detail
When trying to breed for a shiny, via Masuda Method, can the partner be a different species (not including ditto) and still create the same odds as the Masuda Method? For example: Breeding an Eevee with another Pokemon of the field egg group, such as Furfrou.
Thanks.
#347thiaguinhohpPosted 12/27/2013 12:30:00 PMmessage detail
I got a question: if I send hacked 6IVs females and males pokes from gen 5 games to X and breed them there. Which one should hold what item? everstone, destiny knot or the braces?
---
Ousadia & Alegriaa!!
#348renaxakaiPosted 12/30/2013 3:29:56 PMmessage detail
Okay, I am trying for a perfect Wooper, while doing the Masuda Method. I now have 2 Wooper that have perfect in every stat but the specials. I have an Impish Ryhorn, and I want to use it's nature. The Wooper that I have, to be the mother, for the Method, has perfect hp, attack, and speed. How should I breed the father, so that I can still use the Masuda Method? (I am trying for a shiny Wooper)
#349l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 12/30/2013 3:44:43 PMmessage detail(edited)
If a Huge Power Diggersby breeds with a Ditto, will the offspring have Huge Power? My current one has a Mild nature and I don't like that.

EDIT: I now have one of both genders, both with Huge Power, but I'm still not fond of their Natures. Should I just breed them until I get an Adamant one?
---
"True genius is indistinguishable from insanity." - FalxXD
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#350JkickitPosted 1/1/2014 2:46:18 AMmessage detail
Wait. Big pecks also hatches eggs faster? Is it better than flame body?
---
I'm a Redguard and I hold my hands sideways when shooting spells - SubTonic14
Pokemon X Safari: Espurr, Munna. FC: 4742-6496-8948