This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guide to breeding pokemon with Perfect or near-Perfect IVs ver 1.1

#61Terotrous(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 7:59:27 PMmessage detail
ultimus666 posted...
Can someone explain this to me:

The goal is to get a ditto having every nature (except all the neutral ones)

This is basically my first Pokemon game and I'm not quite understanding how this all works. Which natures am I looking for and how do I tell if my Ditto has them?

Check the second page of the pokemon status screen to see your nature. You want all of the natures except the neutral ones.

http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml

There's the list.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#62ultimus666Posted 10/24/2013 8:00:27 PMmessage detail
Thank you!
---
Xbox Live GT: Valas, PSN: ultimus666, Steam: ultimus666
Currently playing: DayZ, Diablo 3, Battlefield
#63MrTripStackPosted 10/24/2013 9:40:14 PMmessage detail
I just wanted to thank you for posting this guide. I'm definitely gonna bookmark this and put it to good use once I can find a Ditto Friend Safari. <3
#64Shigmiya64Posted 10/24/2013 10:21:48 PMmessage detail
I think I might be doing something wrong...I've got a Ditto and a Beldum with 3 perfect IVs each which combined are the four IVs I want, but it's just not happening. The Ditto has the Destiny Knot and the Beldum has the Everstone, but this is taking much longer than the 20-30 minutes I was sold on.
---
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."
#65markallen1988Posted 10/24/2013 10:23:26 PMmessage detail
I followed the guide, and started with a Ditto with 31/x/x/31/31/x and a Ralts with only 1 31 IV. After about 2-3 hours of breeding and inn the same batch of eggs with my first 3 31 IV baby, I got 31/x/31/31/31/31. Perfect spread, nature and ability! Bred that with a Gastly, second round of breeding(Gastly only had 2 31 IVs) I GOT A LEGIT PERFECT TIMID GASTLY! My first legit perfect Pokemon, and it was literally the 8th egg I hatched. I could not believe my luck. Now to breed my 31/x/31/31/31/31 Ralts with my 31/31/31/31/31/31 Gastly and see what I get! Thanks a lot for the guide, never thought this was possible.
---
3DS FC: 2020-0160-0909
#66sabrenityPosted 10/24/2013 10:54:12 PMmessage detail
Terotrous posted...
Your numbers seem to match mine if I'm reading them right. With one 5IV parent and 1 4IV, you're calculating the chance of getting 5IV as 8.2%, which is 1 in 12. If the 5IV is a 4IV, you now have a 50% worse chance to get one of those IVs perfect, yielding the 1 in 24 value I gave earlier.

Hm, wait. Back on page 2 you've posted:
Terotrous posted...
Yep. It's 1 / 24 from 4IVed parents.

My spreadsheet gives 1 / 60 for 4 + 4.
#67Terotrous(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 11:24:52 PMmessage detail(edited)
Shigmiya64 posted...
I think I might be doing something wrong...I've got a Ditto and a Beldum with 3 perfect IVs each which combined are the four IVs I want, but it's just not happening. The Ditto has the Destiny Knot and the Beldum has the Everstone, but this is taking much longer than the 20-30 minutes I was sold on.

Beldum has the slowest hatch rate in the entire game, so that'll slow things down a bit.

Also, it is an average. As with all random events, it could take longer. I had very poor luck with Dratinis the past few days, probably took me closer to 5 hours to get my 5IV.

sabrenity posted...
My spreadsheet gives 1 / 60 for 4 + 4.

I'd have to see how you calculated it because my math should be mostly right (it doesn't account for the possibility of rolling a 31 on a non-passed stat, but that will only improve the odds).
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#68-GalacticBass-Posted 10/24/2013 11:49:04 PMmessage detail
I have a question. Should I teach my pokemon an egg move BEFORE getting 5 perfect IVs? Or should I wait until getting a female 5 IV pokemon to teach the egg move to?
---
Perfect_Edge
#69koggxPosted 10/25/2013 12:42:01 AMmessage detail(edited)
I have a question. Should I teach my pokemon an egg move BEFORE getting 5 perfect IVs? Or should I wait until getting a female 5 IV pokemon to teach the egg move to?

in my opinion it'd be better to get the egg moves in earlier as then instead of having to worry about egg moves later you can solely focus on the IVs you want until you get them

and just a note i just today had to breed Egg moves onto a pokemon i was breeding and i only remembered i had to by the time i had 5 IV parents it completely slowed my whole breeding process down as unless you can get a pokemon that can learn the egg moves you need with 4-5 max IVs you'll have to breed for 4 perfect IVs w/ egg moves again
---
www.freewebs.com/kingofgamesgx
#70sabrenityPosted 10/25/2013 12:51:16 AMmessage detail
Terotrous posted...
I'd have to see how you calculated it because my math should be mostly right (it doesn't account for the possibility of rolling a 31 on a non-passed stat, but that will only improve the odds).

I'm calculating chances of inheriting in worst case (first IVs to be inherited are paired ones). So:
M: vvvvxx
F: vvvxxv

Probability of first being perfect: 8 / 12 (2 / 3). Removing 2 perfect and 2 total.

v vvvxx
v vvxxv

Probability of second being perfect: 6 / 10 (3 / 5). Removing 2 perfect and 2 total.

vv vvxx
vv vxxv

Probability of third being perfect: 4 / 8 (1 / 2). Removing 2 perfect and 2 total. We have only unique pefect IVs at this point.

vvv vxx
vvv xxv

Probability of fouth being perfect: 2 / 6 (1 / 3). Removing 1 perfect and 2 total.

vvvv xx
vvvx xv

Probability of fifth being perfect: 1 / 4.

Cumulative probability for all 5 of them being perfect: (2*3*1*1*1)/(3*5*2*3*4) = 1/(5*3*4) = 1/60