This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Aegislash vs Gengar

#1trevstobbePosted 10/24/2013 10:32:30 AM
Hey guys, I need help deciding between which ghost pokemon to use on my team, (I don't play competitively, just through story mode) Right now my team is Charizard, Garchomp, Tyrantrum, Scyther, and Gyarados... I am also using a Doulblade with eviolite

I recieved a Gastly in wonder trade and now I cant decide if I should stick with my Doulblade and evolve him into Aegislash after he learns sacred sword or should I swap him out for Gastly and get a Gengar, I know you get Gengar's mega stone in the story so that's one of the things that is making me consider doing it... opinions on who is better?
#2itachi134Posted 10/24/2013 10:33:38 AM
Aegislash should be on everyone's team right now
---
If you're scared to die, then you're scared to live
#3ShikazurePosted 10/24/2013 10:33:45 AM
if your not doing competitive battle you never need any defensive pokes
---
PSN & GT: somePUNK91
3DS FC: 4339-3910-6021 (PM me if you add)
#4scrappybristolPosted 10/24/2013 10:35:20 AM
Depends.

Do you want a physical attacker that can take just about any hit or do you want a speedy special attacker that can trap and destroy?

I say go Aegislash since you have already put time into it and it is new.
---
scrappy by name
scrappy by reputation
#5___Vyser___Posted 10/24/2013 10:36:10 AM
I taught my Gengar Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Thunder Bolt and Dazzling Gleam for the story, and he just destroyed everything.
---
Old Fart Monster Hunter: MH (PS2), MHF, MHF2, MHP2nd G, MHFU, MH Tri, MHP3rd, MH3U
#6trevstobbe(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 11:08:29 AM
thanks for the input guys... maybe I will just stick with my Doublade for now..
#7KeldonisPosted 10/24/2013 11:16:32 AM(edited)
itachi134 posted...
Aegislash should be on everyone's team right now

Except that Aegislash is becoming easily the most predictable pokemon of Gen VI.

It really only has one effective moveset:

Sacred Sword
Shadow Sneak
King's Shield
Swords Dance/Coverage move.

Obvious King's Shield/SD is obvious, and it's easily countered (Fire type, Taunt, WoW, Topsy-Turvy Malamar, Bulky/high attacking EQ user, etc) unless you're an idiot and allow it to setup.

Granted, if it manages to get +4 Atk with priority STAB it can be hard to stop, but still.

It's never been much of a threat to me because 99.9% of the time I know exactly how it's going to play.

Unless they're running some oddball set with a band/scarf or a Special Attacking/Autotomize set.
---
3DS FC: 1977-1571-8378