This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My Glaceon moveset idea, viable?

#11Tkmajing(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 11:15:08 AM
Terotrous posted...
Tkmajing posted...
I cant use Double Team in ordinary 3DS vs 3DS battles? Not using any simulators to battle.

You can but everyone will hate you. Barrier is almost as good for general usage anyway.

They can hate me all they want, what do i care. If its not banned by Gamefreak itself, then its not banned.
---
3DS FC= 5086-1941-1568
#12SabataKunPosted 10/24/2013 11:21:23 AM
then run double team on every Pokemon
---
MMSF 3 Red Joker FC: 2622 0562 7794
#13I_am_always_mePosted 10/24/2013 11:21:52 AM
Don't come asking for competitive help, then dismiss all the competitive opinions.
---
Pokemon White FC: Zippy [2838-3935-7013]
3DS FC [2707-1897-9929]
#14TerotrousPosted 10/24/2013 11:23:25 AM
Tkmajing posted...
They can hate me all they want, what do i care.

I hope you enjoy people either not being willing to play against you, or using uber pokemon (DT is not banned is ubers, so if you use DT, your team is automatically considered uber).

If you want to be a low tier hero and use Glaceon (I really can't see any other reason to do so), I'd really just go with Barrier.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#15Tkmajing(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 11:32:11 AM
I_am_always_me posted...
Don't come asking for competitive help, then dismiss all the competitive opinions.

Double Team is good in competitive battling. I appreciate the help, but Double Team is better to this Pokemon then the barrier, barrier is great choice sure, but increasing my evasion even more would be great protection for this "frail" Pokemon. Why people even listen to that people or this people what is banned and what is not? It is not for some simulator battle, where everyone uses same damn Pokemons with same damn movesets, besides only idea that matters is to defeat your opponents Pokemons within the GAMES rules, not with the rules set by other people.
---
3DS FC= 5086-1941-1568
#16TerotrousPosted 10/24/2013 11:42:08 AM(edited)
Tkmajing posted...
Double Team is good in competitive battling. I appreciate the help, but Double Team is better to this Pokemon then the barrier, barrier is great choice sure, but increasing my evasion even more would be great protection for this "frail" Pokemon.

Keep in mind DT is not as reliable. In one turn, Barrier cuts the physical damage you take by half. At +2 evasion (1 from snow cloak and 1 DT), you have a 40% chance to avoid an attack, but if you don't, it can easily OHKO you. At +3 evasion, the chance of you being hit is still 50%, but after two barriers you'd be taking only a third of damage.

The other main reason to go Barrier is that chances are you're only going to get one turn to set up. DT spamming is best on bulky pokemon who can get to +6 easier, as it's not that OP after only one use. Most of the time, your Glaceon is going to be Barriering on the switch and then immediately escaping with Baton Pass on the next turn.

Why people even listen to that people or this people what is banned and what is not? It is not for some simulator battle, where everyone uses same damn Pokemons with same damn movesets, besides only idea that matters is to defeat your opponents Pokemons within the GAMES rules, not with the rules set by other people.

The same reason we don't use Mewtwo / Yvetal / Xerneas in every battle. It's fairly obvious that some things are overpowered and it's not fun to only play using these ones. So there's a kind of gentleman's agreement not to abuse them.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#17Tkmajing(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 11:45:24 AM
You dont need gentlemans agreement for using Mewtwo or Legendaries. I only battle with Flat Rules anyway, 3 Pokemons, No two same Pokemons, No two same Items and Legendaries are restricted from match. Anyway this topic has gone away from its original purpose so i will train it my way, it might have Double Team or Barrier, i will test both and the better one stays.
---
3DS FC= 5086-1941-1568
#18I_am_always_mePosted 10/24/2013 1:40:32 PM
It's because DT isn't fun.

Turn 1:
Used Double Team.
Foe used Double Team.

Repeat x5.

Turn 7+
Used X
X Missed.
Foe used Y.