This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to I make pokemon make eggs faster?

#1CherlePosted 10/24/2013 11:46:25 PM
I know the usual post is always about how to make eggs hatch faster with stuff like Magma Armor and Flame Body, but I want to know how to recieve EGGS faster.

What's it linked to?

It can't be the number of steps because (Parents and the pokemon remaining constant) I have biked for maybe 100 or so steps for an egg and other times it would take over 1000 steps for the guy to have an egg.

Bulbapedia talks about different relationships having a breeding rate which gives a percentage chance for the man to have an egg. I don't understand how this works either.

Take this for example:
The chance of getting an Egg is 49.5% (has a value of 50). The old man in the Day Care will say: "The two seem to get along."

Does that mean every time I see the guy on my screen I have a 50% chance? Do I have to leave the route and come back to reset the chance? Is it a matter of time for the chance to reset?
---
FC: 1220 - 7215 - 6038
Ghost. Please add me!
#2FuneralCakePosted 10/24/2013 11:49:21 PM
If you look just a little further down on the page, it explains the egg generation process...

When there are two compatible Pokémon in the Day Care, for every 255 steps that the player takes, the game will decide whether the old man has found an Egg, with chances depending on the exact compatibility of the two Pokémon.

I don't really think that the values are what they say they are, but whatever. It's probably 70/255, 50/255, etc. instead of 70/100, 50/100 or whatever.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104
#3Cherle(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 11:51:08 PM
I read the whole article. How did I not pick up on this! Sorry for the dumb spam then.

Any way to easily count steps like the pokemon P/D step counter? Or do I have to manual counts to figure out the minimum distance to run?
---
Ghost. Please add me!
#4FuneralCakePosted 10/24/2013 11:52:01 PM
Just don't count steps. Bike around until you get the egg. Counting steps will just make things more frustrating.
---
#5VaironGodPosted 10/24/2013 11:54:29 PM(edited)
Cherle posted...
I know the usual post is always about how to make eggs hatch faster with stuff like Magma Armor and Flame Body, but I want to know how to recieve EGGS faster.

What's it linked to?

It can't be the number of steps because (Parents and the pokemon remaining constant) I have biked for maybe 100 or so steps for an egg and other times it would take over 1000 steps for the guy to have an egg.

Bulbapedia talks about different relationships having a breeding rate which gives a percentage chance for the man to have an egg. I don't understand how this works either.

Take this for example:
The chance of getting an Egg is 49.5% (has a value of 50). The old man in the Day Care will say: "The two seem to get along."

Does that mean every time I see the guy on my screen I have a 50% chance? Do I have to leave the route and come back to reset the chance? Is it a matter of time for the chance to reset?

Pokemon have the easiest time to breed with traded Pokemon from the same species/family (ex. Traded Gengar and a Haunter)

Next hardest is the same family from the same OT (Ex Your own Gengar and Haunter)

Than even harder is traded Pokemon not from the same family (Ex A traded Skiploom and your own Venusaur)

Then the hardest is two Pokemon with the same OT from different familys (Ex Your own Skiploom and Venusaur)
---
FC: 2552-0423-5883
#6Cherle(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 11:54:34 PM
I want to count to know the minimum distance from the egg guy I need to bike to reset.

I want to know where the 127 step mark is so I can turn around and quickly speed back to him to see. I'm trying to be as efficient as possible.
---
Ghost. Please add me!
#7FuneralCakePosted 10/24/2013 11:55:46 PM
It doesn't even necessarily count exactly every 255 steps. Sometimes you can walk 10 steps or so and he'll have another egg.

The most efficient thing to do is literally just bike up and down Route 7 until he has an egg. Literally.
---
#8HozuPosted 10/24/2013 11:59:13 PM
VaironGod posted...
Cherle posted...

What's it linked to?

Take this for example:

Pokemon have the easiest time to breed with traded Pokemon from the same species/family (ex. Traded Gengar and a Haunter)

Next hardest is the same family from the same OT (Ex Your own Gengar and Haunter)

Than even harder is traded Pokemon not from the same family (Ex A traded Skiploom and your own Venusaur)

Then the hardest is two Pokemon with the same OT from different familys (Ex Your own Skiploom and Venusaur)

Same species only, not same family.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png http://i.imgur.com/Q7Q8S.png
http://tinyurl.com/HozuRNGdEvents - because events have no value http://tinyurl.com/HozuDWF
#9Cherle(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 11:59:20 PM
Well alright. You make a valid point.

Thank you for the help and advice! :D
---
Ghost. Please add me!
#10ZwiggsPosted 10/25/2013 12:18:04 AM
You could use a max repel every time, kind of like a notification of 250 steps. Pretty close.
---
Ssbb Fc: 2322-6955-4502.