This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Surprise moments in Pokemon

#1VergilsGirlPosted 10/25/2013 12:28:33 PM
Don't you love those moments? Yesterday, I had about five minutes left of lunch before I had to get back to work. Was thinking 'Yay, one last Ditto before I get back to work, hopefully it has one of the natures I'm looking for...' when it happened. I barely noticed the sparkle, too busy taking in the sky blue coloring. My brain went 'FUUUUU SHINY!' and I proceeded to make an idiot of myself. Sent out my False Swiper, remembered too late as Ditto transformed that it was a Ghost type. Only Pokemon I had within the Ditto's level were an Eevee with all normal moves except Charm and Gardevoir. Thankfully, Gardevoir's Mega form saved my bacon, dented the Ditto enough that I could catch it. So now I have a shiny Ditto with **** lousy HP stat, it's shiny!
---
3DS FC: 1134-7838-9821
Official head of the Kansas Assassin's branch for the ACIII boards
#2The_404sPosted 10/25/2013 12:30:16 PM
I almost accidentally wonder traded a Shiny Clauncher away. I just caught it and went to check it's nature via the wonder trade screen, went to check something else for a minute, got back to my DS and thinking I was in the Organize Pokemon screen I double clicked it.

Turned off my DS fast and luckily it was still there.
---
FC: 2981 - 6350 - 4828 (Electric Safari: Electabuzz, Zebstrika, Pacharisu)
IGN: Tommy
#3Earth_EchidnaPosted 10/25/2013 12:38:30 PM
That's pretty much me in a nutshell. On Monday night, I was crossing through Connecting Cave from Cyllage City to return to Route 7 to check my berries. In that cave, I commonly run into one Pokémon per trip. About halfway through the cave, I found this encounter, which, I saw from the silhouette, was an Axew. I wasn't properly paying attention, so I was suddenly surprised by that sudden sound of stars. It took me a Hawlucha, a Skiddo and a Granbull to catch the little guy without fainting it.

The story doesn't end there, though. Having EV trained my new Axew, Tuscany, and with the same Granbull by my side, I went to the Reflection Cave the next day after a few hours of failed writing to think and train at the same time. I also had a third intent- to find a Carbink, as it's Rock type, which I lack on my team. My first encounter there was a Horde Battle, and this time, hoping it was a Horde of Carbink, I was properly paying attention. To my disappointment, I saw that they were Mime Jr- until I saw the gleam of the awesome, mint-green Psychic type.

Unlike Axew, this shiny only took one Great Ball to catch, but they both had parallels. Both were caught in caves. Both were caught with Fang, my Granbull, in the front of my party. Since then, I dubbed Fang my 'lucky Granbull' and hope for a third every time I enter a cave.
---
3DS FC: 2707-2741-9594
Be warned, I may jump to epic fails of conclusions and general other errors. In advance, I apologise.
#4Solar20xxPosted 10/25/2013 12:39:12 PM
So I was fishing for a Magikarp but instead got a bunch of Luvdisc. I didn't like those, but I want heart scales. Since I didn't have Their at the time, I just kept capturing them. Went to my PC and to take my booty. After releasing one by one that was in my PC, I realized that I forgot to heal, so I did. Nurse Joy then said one of my Pokemon got Pokerus. It was one of the Luvdisc that I captured and was in my party at the time. Thinking about it, I almost released by mistake.

TL;DR: I came across a Luvdisc with something called Pokerus and almost released it by mistake. I don't really know what that meant, but I guess it meant that I'm lucky, so I kept it while releasing the others.
---
Crap, I edit a lot.
Sometimes even serious times have their funny moments: http://puu.sh/2Su65
#5NegaZeldaPosted 10/25/2013 12:39:51 PM
I was hatching Magnemites for a competitive Magnezone but I needed either Timid or Modest nature first (had no Dittos with that...), so started the long, arduous journey.

First 1 hatched: Quirky. Useless. Time was 2AM, so figured I'd hatch the last 3 and go to bed. 2nd one hatches Timid: Great! 3rd hatched Modest, amazing! 4th hatches Modest again! I was literally so happy that my luck of Natures pulled through, so I saved and went to bed.

Got up next day and started up with intent of choosing and Super Training my new Magnemite. Looked at the 2 Modest: saw one had Sturdy: Useless. The other had Magnet Pull though and so did the Timid. So I asked here on GameFAQs what the better nature would be: resounding result was the Modest one. I figured I could save the Timid one for trades.

Went back to my PC Boxes and moved the cursor over to the Modest, going over the Timid one in the process. That's when I noticed something about it I never noticed the previous 2 times I had seen it: It had a little star in the bottom left of its model. I look to its colour to find it's gold! First ever unintentional Masuda'd shiny!
---
If life gives you lemons, sell 'em to Tom Nook.
Black 2 FC: 0132-9980-0476, 3DS FC: 5284-2520-2972 (Pokemon IGN: Aki)
#6VergilsGirl(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 12:48:51 PM
Solar20xx posted...
So I was fishing for a Magikarp but instead got a bunch of Luvdisc. I didn't like those, but I want heart scales. Since I didn't have Their at the time, I just kept capturing them. Went to my PC and to take my booty. After releasing one by one that was in my PC, I realized that I forgot to heal, so I did. Nurse Joy then said one of my Pokemon got Pokerus. It was one of the Luvdisc that I captured and was in my party at the time. Thinking about it, I almost released by mistake.

TL;DR: I came across a Luvdisc with something called Pokerus and almost released it by mistake. I don't really know what that meant, but I guess it meant that I'm lucky, so I kept it while releasing the others.

Pokerus is a little in-game gift that makes EV training easier since it doubles EV's gained.
---
3DS FC: 1134-7838-9821
Official head of the Kansas Assassin's branch for the ACIII boards
#7darkshadowspawnPosted 10/25/2013 12:55:14 PM
Solar20xx posted...

PokéRus doubles all the EVs that a Pokémon may receive, thereby reducing training time (if you're into that stuff). The increase in EVs stays with the Pokémon even if they're 'cured' of the virus (if you want to keep it around, box at least one that is still 'suffering' so you can pull it out and pass it on).

Earth_Echidna posted...
To my disappointment, I saw that they were Mime Jr- until I saw the gleam of the awesome, mint-green Psychic type.

Don't forget that that creepy little thing also has at least 3 perfect IVs.
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh