This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Passing on hidden abilities?

#1SpartaneusPosted 10/25/2013 12:19:01 PM
Hey guys, I've managed to find a male Shelgon with its HA, and I've been trying to breed it with a female bagon I have with 4 perfect IVs but so far all of the offspring have only the normal ability (this is after 20 hatches). Does the HA not pass on if the parent is male or do I need to keep trying?
#2CharizardFirePosted 10/25/2013 12:19:31 PM
Try switching the female Bagon out for a Ditto.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#3The Mystical OnePosted 10/25/2013 12:20:02 PM
Male parents must breed with ditto to [have a chance to] pass on a HA.
---
Bald Ninjas! http://www.baldninja.com
Super Metroid 1:53, 100% Items
#4Midnighthobo89Posted 10/25/2013 12:20:41 PM
CharizardFire posted...

this wont change anything. if you have a female with HA it wont always pass that ability over the male. males just have a lower chance to pass the ability, so even if you breed it with a ditto, its going to take quite a few eggs until he gets it
---
Pkmn X/Y FC: 2363-6118-3649 [Gary]
(Pkmn Safari = Pupitar/Dwebble) If want to add me send a PM :)
#5NessEggmanPosted 10/25/2013 12:22:02 PM
The Mystical One posted...

Yup.

You'll have a 20% chance of passing HA from father ONLY if partered with Ditto.

Female will have 80% chance regardless of other parent, so just breed your male with Ditto and you'll have a 10% chance of getting female with HA on Pokemon that have a 50/50 gender ratio.

IMO it's easier to just catch the HAFs. Especially if you can get them from the Safari because you have 2 guaranteed IVs.

Plus you can choose their ball.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#6Spartaneus(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 12:22:08 PM
Damn, really didn't want to scrap that bagon! Now to find a decent ditto..
#7farranpoisonPosted 10/25/2013 12:22:38 PM
Midnighthobo89 posted...
CharizardFire posted...

this wont change anything. if you have a female with HA it wont always pass that ability over the male. males just have a lower chance to pass the ability, so even if you breed it with a ditto, its going to take quite a few eggs until he gets it

Actually, it's been found that for males to pass on their HA they must breed with a Ditto.
---
Friend Code: 1650-1092-8575
Safari: Electric. Electrode, Electabuzz, and Manectric.
#8NessEggmanPosted 10/25/2013 12:23:25 PM
Spartaneus posted...
Damn, really didn't want to scrap that bagon! Now to find a decent ditto..

You can always use the female to more easily breed a 4IV Male, then go find a Safari female with HA, breed with your new male.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#9LightHawKnightPosted 10/25/2013 12:23:35 PM
NessEggman posted...
The Mystical One posted...

Yup.

You'll have a 20% chance of passing HA from father ONLY if partered with Ditto.

Female will have 80% chance regardless of other parent, so just breed your male with Ditto and you'll have a 10% chance of getting female with HA on Pokemon that have a 50/50 gender ratio.

IMO it's easier to just catch the HAFs. Especially if you can get them from the Safari because you have 2 guaranteed IVs.

Plus you can choose their ball.

Uh isn't it Males have a 20% regardless, but when paired with a female, the female also has the ability to pass down her ability(s) and then the Males no HA abilities screwing everything up. Though ditto is of course the best.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#10iTPCiPosted 10/25/2013 12:24:35 PM
Midnighthobo89 posted...
CharizardFire posted...

this isnt true

90% of the time my pokemon get the HA with Ditto parent
---
FC: 3325-2301-9997
Name: Bails