This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Okay, am I just unlucky, or am I doing something wrong here? [Breeding]

#1ArgentumVirPosted 10/25/2013 1:21:12 PM
Alright, so I have two pokemon with six perfect IVs between the two. One has HP, Attack, and Speed. The other has Defence, Special Attack, and Special Defence. I keep getting pokemon with 2-3 maxed IVs, even though I have one parent with a Destiny Knot (the other keeps an Everstone for nature purposes).

Seeing as I do not have a Ditto Safari, I managed to catch Egg Pokemon to get the maxed 3 IVs. I've been at this for at least two days, and I'm wondering if I just have terrible luck, or if I'm doing something wrong?
---
Check my FictionPress: http://www.fictionpress.com/u/882728/
I love Rias Gremory.
#2BlitzTHedgehogPosted 10/25/2013 1:22:57 PM
Destiny Knot doesn't guarantee that it passes down the best IVs, so I'd say you're just getting very unlucky. Keep at it, you're closer to flawless IVs than I am!
#3iTPCiPosted 10/25/2013 1:23:17 PM
its just passing down the bad IVs instead of the good ones.

u should be using power items
---
FC: 3325-2301-9997
Name: Bails
#4ArgentumVir(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 1:24:49 PM(edited)
BlitzTHedgehog posted...
Destiny Knot doesn't guarantee that it passes down the best IVs, so I'd say you're just getting very unlucky. Keep at it, you're closer to flawless IVs than I am!

Thanks, I think when I get what I want, I'll wonder trade out all my rejects, and some perfect Riolu with HJK.

iTPCi posted...

I was doing that too, but I started to see much worse results.
---
I love Rias Gremory.
#5hoangvinPosted 10/25/2013 1:26:38 PM
ArgentumVir posted...
BlitzTHedgehog posted...

Thanks, I think when I get what I want, I'll wonder trade out all my rejects, and some perfect Riolu with HJK.

iTPCi posted...

I was doing that too, but I started to see much worse results.

Just keep at it! Once you get a 4IV pokemon, use it as one of your parents and it;; slightly increase you chances at the perfect pokemon!
---
3DS Friend Code: 2191-8789-4506
Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Snover - Bergmite - Cloyster
#6ArgentumVir(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 1:27:47 PM
hoangvin posted...
Just keep at it! Once you get a 4IV pokemon, use it as one of your parents and it;; slightly increase you chances at the perfect pokemon!

Cool beans man.
---
I love Rias Gremory.
#7GoGoatPosted 10/25/2013 1:28:24 PM
Took me two days to get my first 5 IV pokémon (I say days, but really it was evenings), don't worry, you'll get some great offspring soon :)
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
3ds FC: 1934-0765-5595
#8IkedaTeramusaPosted 10/25/2013 1:29:22 PM
Yep that. I started with 2 protean froggys.. and only hit my female 5IV froggy today. I've got 2-3 boxes full of their reject spawn :-)
---
FC: 4081-5499-1094
#9kenneticPosted 10/25/2013 1:36:45 PM
To give you some help, ill show you a design:

X = bad stat
- = useless stat
O= good stat

HP/ATK/DEF/SPATK/SPDEF/SPD

XOX-XO <- Male
OXO-OX- <- Female

With desitiny knot 5/6 stats will be taken from parents. But since no parents have the exact same stats, your chance of the one you want is 50/50 EACH stat. So since we have 5 stats, none shared, you odds are 0.5^5 (3.25% chance). BUT, thats IF the useless stat is chosen as the non selected destiny knot stat. So your odds are changed to 0.0325 / 6. Which is really, really low for a perfect baby.

Once you start getting the same stats though...

OOX-OO
OOO-XO

Now we have 2 stats are are not the same. So the odds are 25% chance of the baby getting the stats we want (50% chance on one stat and 50% on top of that withe the other).

But, then we we must take into account the destiny knot MUST NOT select the useless stat, so its 0.25/6. So 1/24 pokemon will be perfect if those stats align (not looking at gender/ability).

To get those stats, you usually have to inbreed the babies with overlapping stats with their siblins/parents.
---
3DS FC: 0817 - 3842 - 9105
If you have Pokemon X/Y pm me yur FC ^^b
#10IkedaTeramusaPosted 10/25/2013 1:41:05 PM
Would it not be best in the end to have?
OOOXOO
OOOXOO

You'd want them to be grabbing those as much as possible for your 6 IV's wouldn't you because the 6th is random ANYWAYS?
---
FC: 4081-5499-1094