This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rotations team - last two members

#1JoJoX200Posted 10/25/2013 1:29:55 PM
I'm building a rotations team for random matchup, centered around smashing stuff with powerhouses sped up by Tailwind. I have 4 pokemon already, so I can compete in random matchup, but I'd like to find 2 more members for more flexibility.

Xatu@Leftovers
252HP 252Speed 6SpAtk
Timid
- Tailwind
- Wish
- Future Sight
- Protect
>>> Tailwind + Wish is what I needed for the basic idea to work. You'll see down below. Xatu is not bulky or anything, but it can take most hits and do its job. This team does huge damage, so battles are usually short enough to ensure Xatu can endure.

Azumarill@Sitrus Berry
252HP 252Atk 6Speed
Adamant || Huge Power
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Bulldoze
- Belly Drum
>>> THIS is the reason I need Wish. The combination of Sitrus Berry and Wish ensures I get up Belly Drum almost always. Once I have Belly Drum up, rotating out and keeping this bomb in the back is what I do, since while Azumarill is strong, it's not fast enough even in Tailwind. It usually takes on a cleaning role once the major resists are weakened or dead. Sadly, I could not get Ice Punch.

Diggersby@Silk Scarf
252Atk 252Speed 6HP
Jolly || Huge Power
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
>>> Killer bunny number 2. Diggersby, when looked at carefully, has similar stats to Medicham, but more powerful moves and STAB priority. Diggersby often does the most damage since it can live weak or neutral hits, get an SD up and sweep with Tailwind support.

Talonflame@Life Orb
200HP 252Atk 58Speed
Adamant || Gale Wings
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Tailwind
>>> Talonflame is my backup for Tailwind support when I deem Xatu to be unfit for the opposing team. I opted for major HP investment to make Roost worthwhile and soften recoil damage. Thanks to Gale Wings and Tailwind, this setup works really well and the added fire power can blow through a lot of teams consisting of sweepers. Talonflame is also supposed to deal with the grass types my main trio cannot handle too well.

And that's what I have so far. It's working, but I'd love two more fitting team members, preferably one mega(I've been using my EVed ingame Gengar for that, but it seems too tacked on to me). If they could abuse Tailwind to great effect(i.e. have average speed), that'd be even better. I was thinking Mega Medicham?(Would fit with the Huge Power theme too)
---
3DS Friendcode(Pokemon XY): 5198 3683 8963 - If you add me, send a PM
#2JoJoX200(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 1:42:56 PM
bump. I know it's a lot of text. Couldn't help rambling about my team =I
---
#3JoJoX200(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 11:53:23 PM
Bump?
---
#4JoJoX200(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 2:03:46 AM
bump