This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wish natures didn't affect stats

#1MsLeonaPosted 10/25/2013 12:59:53 PM
it would give pokemon a little more customization if they didn't affect their stats, a little something for people who get attached to their pokemon and nickname them and all that jazz. I don't want my Mewtwo to be timid, I rather it be serious or quiet without making it unusable competitively >__>
#2SorceressTharjaPosted 10/25/2013 1:03:20 PM
The natures are there TO affect stats. Without it effecting stats, there would be no natures.
#3MetalGenocidePosted 10/26/2013 11:59:58 AM
MsLeona posted...
it would give pokemon a little more customization if they didn't affect their stats, a little something for people who get attached to their pokemon and nickname them and all that jazz. I don't want my Mewtwo to be timid, I rather it be serious or quiet without making it unusable competitively >__>

I know what you mean. From a 'Role Playing' stand point, natures are very annoying. Only one i like that is competitive is Modest. Though depending on the pokemon, Adamant or Timid can work too.

But yeah, without natures affecting stats, they wouldn't be in the game.
---
Grave - 3DS Friend Code 0619-4338-7701 Safari -Fighting ; Meditite, Sawk, Riolu
IGN: X- Richter, Y- N/A
#4GoldenSun3DSPosted 10/26/2013 7:43:42 PM
SorceressTharja posted...
The natures are there TO affect stats. Without it effecting stats, there would be no natures.

Actually, without it affecting stats, it'd be a neutral nature >_>
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio
#5DimlhugionaPosted 10/26/2013 7:46:03 PM
GoldenSun3DS posted...
Actually, without it affecting stats, it'd be a neutral nature >_>

Technically, neutral natures do affect stats. They merely raise and lower the exact same stat. Hence why there are 5 different neutral natures - one for each stat.
---
The above post was typed in front of a live studio audience.
#6HereforthepkmnPosted 10/26/2013 8:18:33 PM
Natures, IVs, and characteristics are there on the superficial level to give the illusion of individualization. And y'know they are perfect for that. But that's only there for flavor. Mechanically they serve an entirely different purpose. As such it'll behoove you to get a pokemon that gives up the flavor for optimization. But you're still ultimately free to get one with a bad nature and funky iv spread. If they had given everyone perfect IVs in online battles you could have both flavor and mechanical fluff, but alas.
---
3DS FC- 3110-4549-0731, Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk