This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What am I doing wrong? (breeding)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What am I doing wrong? (breeding)
3 years ago#1
I have a Timid Magikarp (31 IVs in Attach and HP) with a Destiny knot and a Modest Magikarp (31 IVs in Attack, Defense, and Special Defense) with an Everstone

I want my final product to be a 5 IV Magikarp with Modest so I can breed a Protean Froakie (Through Inkay), but I seem to only get magikarps with 1 or 2 IVs

What am I doing wrong?
3DS Friend Code: 4425-1467-2163
3 years ago#2
bump
3 years ago#3
How do you plan on getting the 5th IV? You're only attempting to pass 4.

Otherwise, you don't seem to be doing anything wrong. It's still a whole load of luck, Destiny Knot or...knot.
Toph: Why? You think I can't put up posters on my own? *glues a poster with the picture to the wall*
Toph: It's upside-down, isn't it?
3 years ago#4
You're not doing anything wrong, just remember that having the Destiny Knot doesn't force your 5 best IVs down, it still picks from them at random. Roughly your chance of getting a 4 max IV Magikarp is about 1/24 (a little better than that actually), so don't expect it to be super easy to get. Just keep your eyes out for improvements in new babies that you can switch in.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
3 years ago#5
Ok Thank You
3 years ago#6
If you want, i can give you a froaky with 4 or 5 IVs max and modest nature. Just breed one myself the day before. Just tell me which IVs you need to be 31 and I can take a look at what I got.

FC: 1177 6427 7087
3 years ago#7
Anything would be great! Thank you.

Preferably non-31 in Attack and Sp Defense, but I'll take whatever!
3 years ago#8
Okay, got one with maxed IVs in HP, Def, SAtk and Speed. Though the nature is timid. Is that okay?
3 years ago#9
of course, ill add you and you can initiate the trade

Thank you!
3 years ago#10
TYVM!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What am I doing wrong? (breeding)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived