This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else bothered by these religious types that play pokemon?

#1SSJ4ArquilliusPosted 10/26/2013 4:28:21 PM
Pokemon, Yugioh, Digimon, the list goes on and on. This is not the first time either.

Back when I was a teen growing up in a rural suburban community in upstate New York, I lived next to a pastor and his wife. His wife went to tell me during a garage sale, that I was going to hell because I played games like Pokemon, Digimon and Yugioh. She told me it took focus away from the lord, and we, as humans should only be serving him.

Now mind you, I was a kid then, and as I grew up, I learned somethings, like how to handle people like this. The last time I was faced with this problem I turned to the person and said "Do you have kids or plan on having them?" and when given a yes answer I said "Well, by having sex with a partner or partners, you, for a time, turn your attention from the lord and to your physical needs. By your own definition, you are going to hell."

I could've picked out any topic, but that was my answer to them.

A wise person once told me, those who live by a certain set of standards will find their own end in those same standards. Basically, those who live by the sword, die by the sword. Violence omits Violence, and stupidity omits stupidity.

For those of you who are being hounded by those idiots who think that you're going to hell because of pokemon, let put this out there.

It's a fricken game for entertainment.

If they don't take more than one point of view into account, they are no better than those idiots down at Westburo Baptist Church who picket childrens' funerals, saying that they died because there is gay sex in the world.

One had nothing to do with the other, and the same applies here.

Just some food for thought.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/anorganoidnamednova
Playing: Pokemon X
#2LightningHawk90Posted 10/26/2013 4:29:47 PM
I'm bothered by all religious types and wish they'd just get raptured already.
---
Formerly RageKaiser.
I've decided to breed hundreds of Goomy, name them "The Messiah" and send them over wondertrade.
#3LightHawKnightPosted 10/26/2013 4:29:58 PM
Nope. Not bothered at all. Since I don't pay attention to them and if they try to judge me I ignore them. If they bother me enough about it, I shall either yell out THIEF! Or something worse to get them away from me.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#4HeroOfLightPKNPosted 10/26/2013 4:30:36 PM
Ahh yes people who say video games are EXACTLY the same as people who take bigoted outspoken actions against basically everyone else...
---
Nova : Gabite, Noibat, Sligoo 4811-7022-4456 / please send your trainer name in messages
#5PentaoPosted 10/26/2013 4:30:42 PM
SSJ4Arquillius posted...
, I learned somethings, like how to handle people like this. The last time I was faced with this problem I turned to the person and said "Do you have kids or plan on having them?" and when given a yes answer I said "Well, by having sex with a partner or partners, you, for a time, turn your attention from the lord and to your physical needs. By your own definition, you are going to hell."

I'd argue that's not how you handle them since it gets you in a needlessly annoying debate. It's not like you're "teaching them" elsewise or doing anything but "proving them wrong" for the sake of making yourself feel a bit better. Probably better to just ignore them or deflect the conversation elsewhere.
---
"Religion keeps pressing B when we try to evolve." - pirategeorge"
[3DS FC: 1934-0673-9848 (Pentao)]
#6GodTazPosted 10/26/2013 4:31:18 PM
LightningHawk90 posted...

LightHawKnight posted...

heh
---
Everything is only as it is.
#7tabby3Posted 10/26/2013 4:31:23 PM
I'm bothered by all religious types and wish they'd just get raptured already.

---
Pokemon x FC:1805-2783-5752 Pokemon trainer name: Emily
#8LightningHawk90Posted 10/26/2013 4:31:55 PM
GodTaz posted...

LightHawKnight posted...

heh

Lol.
---
Formerly RageKaiser.
I've decided to breed hundreds of Goomy, name them "The Messiah" and send them over wondertrade.
#9LexifoxPosted 10/26/2013 4:32:21 PM
I'm not bothered by religious people until they start attempting to infringe on others.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#10sloth7dPosted 10/26/2013 4:34:16 PM
If they had a legal leg to enforce the vitriol they preach, I would be. But since I live in the States, it doesn't. It just makes them look weird for taking make-believe cartoons and video games so seriously.
---
give up getting me to give on getting you to give up on
giving up getting me to give up on getting you to give up