This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What old pokemon game should nuzlocke first?

#1JIRACHIFANMMXPosted 10/26/2013 4:57:29 PM
I want to do my very first nuzlocke.
I want to know which game would be the best to nuzlocke as a beginner.
I will not do Pokemon x/y I have a rule of having to beat a game 5 times before attempting a challenge run. I've only beaten Pokemon x once.
---
RAINBOW!
thesaurus.com/browse/stupidity Ignorance is right their
#2OldDirtyCRPosted 10/26/2013 4:59:59 PM
I will not do Pokemon x/y I have a rule of having to beat a game 5 times before attempting a challenge run. I've only beaten Pokemon x once.

What even sparks someone to create such a strangely specific rule?
---
3DS FC - 5069-5350-3668
#3yamham63Posted 10/26/2013 5:05:30 PM
Doing them in order doesn't seem like a bad idea. Then you can see the mechanics improving little by little, generation by generation.
#4JIRACHIFANMMX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 5:46:30 PM
OldDirtyCR posted...

It's called i want to make sure i'm confortable with the game before attempting a challenge.
---
RAINBOW!
#5OldDirtyCRPosted 10/26/2013 8:27:36 PM
JIRACHIFANMMX posted...
OldDirtyCR posted...

It's called i want to make sure i'm confortable with the game before attempting a challenge.

I meant no offense by it. I simply was curious where the number 5 came from. Was it some specific gaming event that prompted 5? Like had you done 3 play through of some game and then tried a challenge and failed, thus deciding to up it a couple more?
---
3DS FC - 5069-5350-3668
#6JIRACHIFANMMX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 8:44:52 PM
It's more my rule used to 50 playthroughs and i decided to dial it back.
and the reason i started the 50 thing was that's how many times i played oot before i got bored. After i got bored i decided to do a challange.

I decide to model the rest of my games after that. But i soon realized not ever game is as enjoyable as oot. Hell i like tp much more then oot but i can't even force my self to do a third playthrough.

So i decided to dial it back.
as for why 5? probally because it's ten percent of what i did before.
couldn't say for sure.
I don't really know why i set the rules i just wanted to set it at 5.

But even if i decide to dial it back agian i wouldn't never lower it to just 1 playthrough.
especially if it was a game i struggled to beat the first time,like pokemon x was.

Right now i'm doing a vanilla second playtrhough using pokemon Y and i'm getting my ass kicked left and right. if i had being doing a nuzlocke i would have lost my entire team 3 teams by now.
---
RAINBOW!
#7Oak_TeaPosted 10/26/2013 8:48:27 PM
Tips:
Use mental math
Use items in battle. You'll save money on not buying Pokeballs
Grind
Use the EXP Share (in X/Y)

I'd recommend Gen V, since it's a lot easier to level up weaker Pokemon in those games. (But it does make grinding harder)
---
Now playing: Pokemon X
#8JIRACHIFANMMX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 9:08:06 PM
Well i hoping alot of people would post in this topic but so far i only really got one staight answear.

so far i've had 3 people tell me Fire Red (i asked people outside gamefaqs)and 2 People suggest gen 5
i would prefer 5 more people at least that way it's an even 10
---
RAINBOW!
#9258lazaPosted 10/26/2013 9:10:39 PM
I did a run of Gen I and V

Was quite fun. I would personally go with I
---
0516-7529-8097; 3DS FC, primarily for Pokemanz. PM if you want me to add
#10FrostMeisterPosted 10/26/2013 9:13:06 PM
I've nuzlocked each game in each generation at least once, here's my biggest tip;

Don't nuzlocke Yellow.