This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Types of teams?

#1GbleekPosted 10/26/2013 6:12:45 PM
What types of teams are there for competitive? I know hardly anything about it and want to learn. So far I only know of sandstorm team, which uses sandstorm to slowly wittle down an opponent's HP. Can someone tell me different types of teams and a short description of what they do/are for? Or could someone provide a link with this sort of information?
#2MrAtIasPosted 10/26/2013 6:19:17 PM
Bulky Offense
----------
Pokemon who pose a threat and boast a variety of resistances that compliment each other. They usually have inherent bulk and aren't too worried about being outsped.

Hyper Offense
----------
Usually utilizes a suicide lead with Dual Screens and Explosion / U-turn to keep up momentum. Has a bunch of glass cannons and is focused on breaking through the enemy team as fast as it can through sheer force.

Stall
-----------
Usually has some sort of weather inducer to provide residual damage or negate an entire type (fire, water). Focuses on wearing opponents down with entry hazards (stealth rocks, spikes) and status conditions (toxic, burn)

Trick Room
-----------
I'm not too familiar with this one, but it involves one or two Trick Room users and bunch of slow pokes. It also focuses a bit on priority in case Trick Room is down. The pokemon are also generally bulky since they don't need to invest in speed.
---
Safari: Skarmory, Ferroseed, and Excadrill. FC: 3351-4630-6995. If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back ASAP :)
#3KisaiPosted 10/26/2013 6:19:52 PM
Battling board.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000457-pokemon-x-y-battling
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?