This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one who views all my Pokemon as being "male"?

#1NordiniPosted 10/26/2013 8:13:11 PM(edited)
Do you view your Pokemon as their actual gender? - Results (207 votes)
No, I identify all my pokemon as Male when I use them even when they are actually female.
12.08% (25 votes)
Yes, I see them as they actually are in respect to gender.
87.92% (182 votes)
This poll is now closed.
EDIT. READ BEFORE YOU ANSWER POLL: The poll question and my original post did a terrible job of clarifying my question. I realize some pokemon are clearly male, and some are clearly female (as is depicted by their 100% chance of being a specific gender).

My question is, for gender neutral pokemon (pokemon that come in both genders), do you see them as a specific gender, one way or another? Do you see all Evees as being female?

Do you see all jigglypuff as being female? Do you see all Machamp as being male?

Example:

You have a machamp. It is female. When you are using/attacking with that machamp, do you see it as a female machamp in your head? Or do you see it as male because of its appearance?
---
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#2P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 10/26/2013 7:15:25 PM
I don't care what the actual gender is, I always consider my pokemon either as male or female.

For example, if I see an Eevee, or Eeveelution, I'm going to call it a "she" or "her"

If I see something like a Rhyhorn or Rhydon, that will be a "he"
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
3DS FC: 3222-6121-8437
#3SuperRup91Posted 10/26/2013 7:16:10 PM
Nordini posted...
Example:

In your head when you send out a pokemon and are like "go charizard!" "Use flamethrower", and your charizard is a female, is the mental image in your head actually a female charizard using flamethrower?

What? Charizard doesn't have any gender differences. Actually that doesn't even matter. I'm not certain what you are trying to say at all and attempting to decipher it is making my head hurt.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5413-0006-7792
PM me so I can add you as well!
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 10/26/2013 7:16:26 PM
Kinda
Some Pokemon are "female" though. Gardevoir, for example.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0992-4144-3423 - THIEF
#5LexifoxPosted 10/26/2013 7:16:43 PM
I don't see Pokemon as inherently male or female unless they're a 100% thing.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#6Nordini(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 7:22:42 PM
SuperRup91 posted...
Nordini posted...
Example:

In your head when you send out a pokemon and are like "go charizard!" "Use flamethrower", and your charizard is a female, is the mental image in your head actually a female charizard using flamethrower?

What? Charizard doesn't have any gender differences. Actually that doesn't even matter. I'm not certain what you are trying to say at all and attempting to decipher it is making my head hurt.

It was a hypothetical. Doesn't have to be charizard.

Say you have a female Machamp. Do you actually see that Machamp as female or do you see it as a male?
---
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#7HappyUnicorn101Posted 10/26/2013 7:24:51 PM
damn, you guys are hella narrow minded, lol. I suppose you think all gorillas are male and all poodles are girls?
---
"I really hope you were one of the hundreds of people i curb stomped today" - Typical basement dwellers living through their vidyagames
#8SuperRup91Posted 10/26/2013 7:26:20 PM
Nordini posted...
SuperRup91 posted...
Nordini posted...
Example:

It was a hypothetical. Doesn't have to be charizard.

Say you have a female Machamp. Do you actually see that Machamp as female or do you see it as a male?

I see it as the gender it is.

Counter Question: what if you see an animal in real life that seems "manly" by human standards. Like, I don't know, a Great White Shark or something. Would you refer to a female shark as male?
---
3DS Friend Code: 5413-0006-7792
PM me so I can add you as well!
#9P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 10/26/2013 7:26:29 PM
HappyUnicorn101 posted...
damn, you guys are hella narrow minded, lol. I suppose you think all gorillas are male and all poodles are girls?

Not in real life. I'll ask before using something other than "it"

But yes, even in real life I classify certain things as masculine or feminine, pretty much like tons of non-English languages do.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
3DS FC: 3222-6121-8437
#10Mattata5Posted 10/26/2013 7:27:46 PM
You're a misogynist, stop letting the media control you and that'll fade.
---
Enlisted as an IT in the US Navy.