This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to find info on Mat Block

#1HoneumaPosted 10/26/2013 7:55:36 PM
So, I'm trying to find more information on Mat Block for Greninja, but none of the database sites have the details on it. The way it is worded, it is theoretically broken, being able to block all attack moves for it's whole team each turn.

"Using a pulled-up mat as a shield, the user protects itself and its allies from damaging moves. This does not stop status moves."

However, in practice, it seems to only work once in a battle, which really isn't very useful. Despite it's description not saying so, it will fail if you try to use it again, every time you attempt to use it.
#2Meta289Posted 10/26/2013 7:56:47 PM
You can use it multiple times, just not in succession, like Protect.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#3BlazeKeyPosted 10/26/2013 7:58:38 PM
It's similar to Fake Out; you have to use it on the first turn the pokémon enters the battle.

It also doesn't have priority, but Greninja doesn't really have to worry about that.
---
3DS fc- 4038-6081-5486 (Mawile, Excadrill, Skarmory)
NNID - BlazeKey
#4HeroOfLightPKNPosted 10/26/2013 7:59:09 PM
It's like Party wide protect + Fake out without priority...

Basically you can only use it on the first turn he is in, and it goes in order of his actual speed.
---
Nova : Gabite, Noibat, Sligoo 4811-7022-4456 / please send your trainer name in messages
#5Honeuma(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 8:03:47 PM
Meta289 posted...

Except you can't. I've tried putting moves in between the uses, and it still fails.

I know it doesn't have priority and all that. I'm trying to find a detailed description for it that describes how exactly it works, since it's description doesn't do a very good job.
#6Meta289Posted 10/26/2013 8:05:03 PM
Honeuma posted...
Meta289 posted...

Except you can't. I've tried putting moves in between the uses, and it still fails.

I know it doesn't have priority and all that. I'm trying to find a detailed description for it that describes how exactly it works, since it's description doesn't do a very good job.

Weird, because I recall someone in doubles using Mat Block over and over again.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#7JarickoPosted 10/26/2013 8:05:22 PM
Party wide protect. Does not worth on things that do not deal damage.
---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.