This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

4-8 Hp and Atk IVs shouldn't make that much of a difference right? <_<

#21HalecticPosted 10/26/2013 10:22:56 PM
kabigon20 posted...
Halectic posted...
kabigon20 posted...
Mivo posted...
kabigon20 posted...
Those few points can mean the difference between victory and defeat. Every point matters.

Only if everything else is equal, which it usually isn't (skill level differences, team setup, luck distribution, etc.). Yes, a few points can make a difference, but the investment/return ratio isn't favorable. Instead of spending 5-10 more hours on breeding, he could play ranked matches for 5-10 hours, and that would overall benefit him more.

Yeah he can play ranked and lose to people who maxed their stats. Great.

False

I beat max IVs players all the time, with only the IVs that matter, because in most battles you face, 8 points wont change the outcome except in very specific situations.

And youre ok with losing those specific situations? You dont want to win in every situation? I hate that kind of thinking. Winners dont think like that.

A smart player would never let those situations happen.
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#22FurioPosted 10/26/2013 10:23:18 PM
Nickcool1996 posted...
Furio posted...
hey TC, you still there? I've just bred 2 adamant bulletproof chespins with 31 IV's in all but spattk. As a celebration, do you want one? FC 1048-8771-9759

Wait, really? No foolin'? Thanks =D

Yeah I've been at it all day! I'm going for a female one, so I'm putting one back in for breeding and the other is extra! put your FC down if you want it.
#23GolurkcanflyPosted 10/26/2013 10:23:50 PM
Halectic posted...
kabigon20 posted...
Halectic posted...
kabigon20 posted...
Mivo posted...

Only if everything else is equal, which it usually isn't (skill level differences, team setup, luck distribution, etc.). Yes, a few points can make a difference, but the investment/return ratio isn't favorable. Instead of spending 5-10 more hours on breeding, he could play ranked matches for 5-10 hours, and that would overall benefit him more.

Yeah he can play ranked and lose to people who maxed their stats. Great.

False

I beat max IVs players all the time, with only the IVs that matter, because in most battles you face, 8 points wont change the outcome except in very specific situations.

And youre ok with losing those specific situations? You dont want to win in every situation? I hate that kind of thinking. Winners dont think like that.

A smart player would never let those situations happen.

There are those unlucky situations.
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.
#24kabigon20Posted 10/26/2013 10:24:29 PM
An actually smart player would make their team as strong as possible. Because every point counts.
---
3DS FC: 4355-9238-4722
#25LordVhaerunPosted 10/26/2013 10:27:03 PM
Nickcool1996 posted...
Alright I'll keep it; thanks for the reassurance.

Does anyone even like breeding? It's really annoying...

I enjoy breeding. I figure I'll just learn how to IV breed and trade stuff out since I've never been big on competitive play
---
Need Friend Safaris in Pokemon X: 3DS FC 0361 - 6539 - 0537. PM me if you add.
Type: Ghost. Pokemon: Phantump, Golurk, Shuppet.
#26Nickcool1996(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 10:29:17 PM
Furio posted...
Nickcool1996 posted...
Furio posted...
hey TC, you still there? I've just bred 2 adamant bulletproof chespins with 31 IV's in all but spattk. As a celebration, do you want one? FC 1048-8771-9759

Wait, really? No foolin'? Thanks =D

Yeah I've been at it all day! I'm going for a female one, so I'm putting one back in for breeding and the other is extra! put your FC down if you want it.

Thanks again! You're awesome >3

LordVhaerun posted...
Nickcool1996 posted...

I enjoy breeding. I figure I'll just learn how to IV breed and trade stuff out since I've never been big on competitive play

To each their own I suppose.
---
Atlus Fans In General: http://i.imgur.com/yyrgQjP.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
#27FurioPosted 10/26/2013 10:32:41 PM
LordVhaerun posted...
Nickcool1996 posted...

my advice after today, is to try to get a perfect IV ditto or as close as you can. Following the guide in the sticky, I started this morning with bartering to get a ditto safari from someone, then catching the ditto with the nature I wanted, then getting a ditto with 4 perfect stats. From there I had to catch the hidden ability quilladin in the safari, then the breeding began haha.

I will probably try to use these little guys to barter, like you I'm not big on competitive play. I just saw all the new mechanics on the boards and I wanted to try it all out myself. It is a lot of work though. The most I see myself doing is a high performing team for the challenging in-game stuff! But you can get lots of good stuff in trades for these guys!