This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a similar/better defensive core comparable to Ferrothorn/Jellicent?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is there a similar/better defensive core comparable to Ferrothorn/Jellicent?

User Info: Reginleif20

Reginleif20
3 years ago#1
What's new in defensive duos this gen?
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

User Info: The_Sol_Blader

The_Sol_Blader
3 years ago#2
I forgot what would synergize well with Fairy types, but I want to try something with Florges
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband

User Info: thedeadly0

thedeadly0
3 years ago#3
mega aggron and gogoat
gogoat + assault vest takes only 36% from latias draco meteor
hornleech is a nice recovery too
mega aggron with wish support is nearly unstoppable, sweeped a whole team and it tanks SE hits like a pro, fire blast did only 20%

User Info: Mairuzu

Mairuzu
3 years ago#4
thedeadly0 posted...
mega aggron and gogoat
mega aggron with wish support is nearly unstoppable, sweeped a whole team and it tanks SE hits like a pro, fire blast did only 20%

what's your aggron set?
She's got you high and you don't even know yet...
You can't deny you're looking for the sunset.

User Info: IrisVile

IrisVile
3 years ago#5
The_Sol_Blader posted...
I forgot what would synergize well with Fairy types, but I want to try something with Florges

Yeah me thinks Florges or maybe Sylveon since they get Wish pass and of course Florgres also has access to Aromatherapy. So probably a decent steel type or MEGAAggron.
Iris Vile, doesn't hale from Unova. IrisVile a rare flora that is pretty to look at but venomous. Ahahaha~

Reginleif20
3 years ago#6
The_Sol_Blader posted...

I guess it would be some kind of steel type
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

User Info: The_Sol_Blader

The_Sol_Blader
3 years ago#7
Yeah me thinks Florges or maybe Sylveon since they get Wish pass and of course Florgres also has access to Aromatherapy. So probably a decent steel type or MEGAAggron.

I guess it would be some kind of steel type

Hmm, maybe Metagross?
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband

User Info: sabeta_sama

sabeta_sama
3 years ago#8
Ferro/Jelli core was terrible. Fighting/Dark was the most common attack type combination.
Official Gardevoir of the Pokemon X Message Boards

Reginleif20
3 years ago#9
thedeadly0 posted...
mega aggron and gogoat

I don't see how two fire-weak Pokemon can be a good combo

User Info: Saintpara

Saintpara
3 years ago#10
sabeta_sama posted...
Ferro/Jelli core was terrible. Fighting/Dark was the most common attack type combination.

No? Fighting/GHOST was fairly common, and Fighting/Rock was as well. I remember very few Pokemon outside of the lower tiers running Fighting/Dark. Just Scizor, who had them more incidentally than because they covered each other (he wanted Pursuit) and some physical Lucario.
Plothooker - www.plothook.net - Get Hook'd
"Is there a barista in here? Because this roast just got DARK!" - Andy Samberg
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is there a similar/better defensive core comparable to Ferrothorn/Jellicent?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived