This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a similar/better defensive core comparable to Ferrothorn/Jellicent?

#1Reginleif20Posted 10/26/2013 10:52:03 PM
What's new in defensive duos this gen?
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#2The_Sol_BladerPosted 10/26/2013 10:53:24 PM
I forgot what would synergize well with Fairy types, but I want to try something with Florges
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband
#3thedeadly0Posted 10/26/2013 10:53:59 PM
mega aggron and gogoat
gogoat + assault vest takes only 36% from latias draco meteor
hornleech is a nice recovery too
mega aggron with wish support is nearly unstoppable, sweeped a whole team and it tanks SE hits like a pro, fire blast did only 20%
#4MairuzuPosted 10/26/2013 11:00:34 PM
thedeadly0 posted...
mega aggron and gogoat
mega aggron with wish support is nearly unstoppable, sweeped a whole team and it tanks SE hits like a pro, fire blast did only 20%

what's your aggron set?
---
She's got you high and you don't even know yet...
You can't deny you're looking for the sunset.
#5IrisVilePosted 10/26/2013 11:03:20 PM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
I forgot what would synergize well with Fairy types, but I want to try something with Florges

Yeah me thinks Florges or maybe Sylveon since they get Wish pass and of course Florgres also has access to Aromatherapy. So probably a decent steel type or MEGAAggron.
---
Iris Vile, doesn't hale from Unova. IrisVile a rare flora that is pretty to look at but venomous. Ahahaha~
#6Reginleif20(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 11:24:23 PM
The_Sol_Blader posted...

I guess it would be some kind of steel type
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#7The_Sol_BladerPosted 10/26/2013 11:26:41 PM
Yeah me thinks Florges or maybe Sylveon since they get Wish pass and of course Florgres also has access to Aromatherapy. So probably a decent steel type or MEGAAggron.

I guess it would be some kind of steel type

Hmm, maybe Metagross?
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband
#8sabeta_samaPosted 10/26/2013 11:29:49 PM
Ferro/Jelli core was terrible. Fighting/Dark was the most common attack type combination.
---
Official Gardevoir of the Pokemon X Message Boards
#9Reginleif20(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 12:46:44 AM
thedeadly0 posted...
mega aggron and gogoat

I don't see how two fire-weak Pokemon can be a good combo
---
#10SaintparaPosted 10/27/2013 12:50:30 AM
sabeta_sama posted...
Ferro/Jelli core was terrible. Fighting/Dark was the most common attack type combination.

No? Fighting/GHOST was fairly common, and Fighting/Rock was as well. I remember very few Pokemon outside of the lower tiers running Fighting/Dark. Just Scizor, who had them more incidentally than because they covered each other (he wanted Pursuit) and some physical Lucario.
---
Plothooker - www.plothook.net - Get Hook'd
"Is there a barista in here? Because this roast just got DARK!" - Andy Samberg