This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a question for the people here who approve of hacking.

#41Inferno05Posted 10/27/2013 12:37:27 AM
themediumone posted...
Every time I see this topic brought up, I'm posting the same thing I already posted before.

"Believe it or not... It's a game. So none of this actually matters. At all. The only way this should actually matter (to anyone) is if you're making money to play the game legitimately and someone who is "hacking" is getting paid the same or more than you. Otherwise... it literally doesn't matter. The end result is essentially the same.

If you want to spend hours breeding and training to get the "perfect" Pokemon, that's your prerogative. Congratulations, you've succeeded at being a complete nerd. If you wanna use your legitimate "hacked" Pokemon which are the same as anyone else is able to get if they put in the time... Congratulations, you've also succeeded at being a complete F****** nerd.

Is there skill in breeding? Hardly. It's mostly luck. You know half of the outcome before you even get the egg. If you think breeding is 100% skill, you're lying to yourself. Is there skill in battling? Hardly. Certainly more than there is in breeding. You know why? Because it's a strategy game based on luck. Factors such as critical hits and moves being evaded are out of your control. Most of the battle is spent thinking "is he/she going to do this or that?" You take a guess and roll the dice. That's what constitutes as luck. Generally unknowing the outcome of an event.*

Let's put it in perspective once and for all:

- Some people work 2 jobs and go to school and enjoy the aspects of competitive play, but don't have enough time and/or patience to waste breeding.
- Some people are unemployed and/or have a ton of spare time to kill so they worry about IV breeding and EV training (myself included).
- Some people are casuals who don't care about competitive play and just want to enjoy a Pokemon game freely.

What does this all mean? Nothing. It's a F****** game. You guys/girls are just as bad as the buttholes that get so bent out of shape over tedious, boring World of Warcraft. None of this matters, ever. When you die, the odds of someone spewing the words "He was the best Pokemon Breeder/Trainer I ever met..." at your funeral are extremely low. And do you know why? BECAUSE IT NEVER MATTERED. Oh, you won a doubles tournament at Pokemon VGC? That's cool. I won a Home Run Derby and a bunch of other awards at my summer baseball camp when I was 12 years old. Guess who cares? Nobody... because it doesn't matter."

This. This is what we need. More sensible people going into these topics and posting messages just like this (except a little less soul-crushing, you kind of made it sound like we're wasting our time at the end). Let people play how they want anywhere except tournaments.

Also, to answer the topic question, we do. We still go to PS long before we do any hacking. It may be less time, but editing a pokemon or making a new one from scratch can still be quite a tedious and boring process. We'd like to do it only when we know our final product. So we test and test on simulators first.
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 Reaga
#42gamefattyPosted 10/27/2013 12:44:52 AM
Listen to Inferno. He should know, he's Disco.

I honestly never cared if people hacked or not in this game.
So you got your perfect IVs through hacking? Cool. Will those perfect IVs guarantee your victory in a battle? Not really.
I guess you can call me a casual player then, even though I've been doing 8 hour shifts five days a week while going to college and use up all my free time playing this game. The reason I'm breeding instead is because it's the only option available to me since I'm not really technically savvy enough to do so hacking.

I tried so hard, and got so far... But in the end, it doesn't even matter.
---
3DS FC: 2191-7755-8090 PSN: GuardianCraze
Floor ice cream gives you health!
#43AnnaTheMerchantPosted 10/27/2013 12:58:23 AM
gamefatty posted...

I tried so hard, and got so far... But in the end, it doesn't even matter.

STOP MAKING ME LAUGH GOD.
---
$$$!
#44themediumonePosted 10/27/2013 2:32:10 AM
Inferno05 posted...
themediumone posted...
Every time I see this topic brought up, I'm posting the same thing I already posted before.

"Believe it or not... It's a game. So none of this actually matters. At all. The only way this should actually matter (to anyone) is if you're making money to play the game legitimately and someone who is "hacking" is getting paid the same or more than you. Otherwise... it literally doesn't matter. The end result is essentially the same.

If you want to spend hours breeding and training to get the "perfect" Pokemon, that's your prerogative. Congratulations, you've succeeded at being a complete nerd. If you wanna use your legitimate "hacked" Pokemon which are the same as anyone else is able to get if they put in the time... Congratulations, you've also succeeded at being a complete F****** nerd.

Is there skill in breeding? Hardly. It's mostly luck. You know half of the outcome before you even get the egg. If you think breeding is 100% skill, you're lying to yourself. Is there skill in battling? Hardly. Certainly more than there is in breeding. You know why? Because it's a strategy game based on luck. Factors such as critical hits and moves being evaded are out of your control. Most of the battle is spent thinking "is he/she going to do this or that?" You take a guess and roll the dice. That's what constitutes as luck. Generally unknowing the outcome of an event.*

Let's put it in perspective once and for all:

- Some people work 2 jobs and go to school and enjoy the aspects of competitive play, but don't have enough time and/or patience to waste breeding.
- Some people are unemployed and/or have a ton of spare time to kill so they worry about IV breeding and EV training (myself included).
- Some people are casuals who don't care about competitive play and just want to enjoy a Pokemon game freely.

What does this all mean? Nothing. It's a F****** game. You guys/girls are just as bad as the buttholes that get so bent out of shape over tedious, boring World of Warcraft. None of this matters, ever. When you die, the odds of someone spewing the words "He was the best Pokemon Breeder/Trainer I ever met..." at your funeral are extremely low. And do you know why? BECAUSE IT NEVER MATTERED. Oh, you won a doubles tournament at Pokemon VGC? That's cool. I won a Home Run Derby and a bunch of other awards at my summer baseball camp when I was 12 years old. Guess who cares? Nobody... because it doesn't matter."

This. This is what we need. More sensible people going into these topics and posting messages just like this (except a little less soul-crushing, you kind of made it sound like we're wasting our time at the end). Let people play how they want anywhere except tournaments.

Well, I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news (Ok, I actually love it)... but soul crushing is something I thrive at. All of us are wasting our time every second we're on here and playing Pokemon or practically any other game. We could be doing anything actually productive, but here we are doing nothing important. Always.
---
3DS FC: My FC is: 2466-2147-4380
#45flamesaber111Posted 10/27/2013 1:27:27 PM
Milso posted...
SSJ4Arquillius posted...
Please don't confuse hacking with Cheating.

You can try and justify it however you like, but hacking is the exact definition of cheating. Even if you're not doing anything wrong in actual battles, you've still modified the game to give yourself an unfair advantage.

Shut up with the unfair advantage crap. There is no advantage that the hackers have except getting a competitively viable team faster than by breeding. Their Pokemon still have the same stats and movesets that breeder's Pokemon do, not crazy powerful movesets and 999 in every stat.
---
Can't wait for October!
Pokemon Y FC: 3609-1106-5751