This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to follow the breeding guide and...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Trying to follow the breeding guide and...

User Info: alienhamster

alienhamster
3 years ago#1
I'm having some difficulty. I first dropped off my jolly Torchic with an ever stone and a ditto with two perfect IVs and a destiny Knot. I got a 2IV jolly baby. Then I switched the ditto with the destiny Knot for one with different IVs and, after several babies got a Torchic with 3 IVs. Now, to make things easier, I figured I'd give the knot to the Torchic and the ever stone to a jolly ditto.

The thing is, all the babies so far from the 3IV Torchic have only 1 perfect IV. if the parent has 3 and is holding a destiny Knot (which transfers 5 from that parent) shouldn't each child be getting at least 2 perfect IVs?
Official Ramza Beoulve & Balthier Bunansa of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Board.
White: 3011 0354 2166

User Info: imitebjoe

imitebjoe
3 years ago#2
destiny knot is 5 from both parents
Teo - 2466-1772-9333

alienhamster
3 years ago#3
imitebjoe posted...

Can you explain what that means? It can't receive 10 IVs.
Official Ramza Beoulve & Balthier Bunansa of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Board.

User Info: Jacornonthecob

Jacornonthecob
3 years ago#4
alienhamster posted...
imitebjoe posted...

You randomly get one from one or the other parent for 5 stats. So you're just unlucky. Breed more.

User Info: matoda

matoda
3 years ago#5
destiny knot picks 5 IVs from the 12 IVs from both parents. at random. so you're probably getting bad rolls. keep trying
You look well, child.

User Info: Fennelsdreams

Fennelsdreams
3 years ago#6
alienhamster posted...
imitebjoe posted...

It doesn't matter which parent holds the Destiny Knot, it'll pull 5 IVs randomly from the 12 IVs shared by the parents.

alienhamster
3 years ago#7
Alright, so would it make more sense to use the power items to transfer at this point?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Trying to follow the breeding guide and...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived