This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Breeding & Perfect IV Questions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Breeding & Perfect IV Questions

User Info: BoBoBo_24

BoBoBo_24
3 years ago#1
1. When u breed a pokemon can the hatched child mate with its parents, grandparents, ect? Like breed ditto + charmander, hatch egg, then breed hatched charmander with same ditto.

2. How many of each power item do u need for perfect IV breeding? Is 1 of each enough or will I need 2 of each. (Power Braver for example)

3. Can the Destiny Knot be used to transfer a pokemon's 2 perfect IV's? And what happens if both parents hold the destiny knot?

Never messed with perfect IV's before. Actually always thought IV & EV were the same thing lol.
3ds Friend Code: (Shawn) 0490-4792-3979

User Info: Kabuki81311

Kabuki81311
3 years ago#2
BoBoBo_24 posted...
1. When u breed a pokemon can the hatched child mate with its parents, grandparents, ect? Like breed ditto + charmander, hatch egg, then breed hatched charmander with same ditto.

2. How many of each power item do u need for perfect IV breeding? Is 1 of each enough or will I need 2 of each. (Power Braver for example)

3. Can the Destiny Knot be used to transfer a pokemon's 2 perfect IV's? And what happens if both parents hold the destiny knot?

Never messed with perfect IV's before. Actually always thought IV & EV were the same thing lol.

1)yes

2)
1 power item (if u want to specifically pass down 1 stat, garenteed iirc)
destiny knot (if u want to pass down up to 5 stats, instead of 3. you only need to equip to one since it works on both parents iirc)
everstone (if u want to pass down nature)

3) destiny knot picks between 3 results; one or the other parents IVs, or a random IV (random for each IV stat but picks up to 5 instead of the deafault 3)

as for both holding i am told theres little to no point in doing so
3ds FC ; 0361 6870 2968

User Info: Pulsar24

Pulsar24
3 years ago#3
BoBoBo_24 posted...

1) Yes

2) You only need one of each. Having more will not do anything, as having a parent hold a power item will guarantee that the IV is passed (this is not guaranteed if both parents hold a power item; it will randomly select between the two for a guaranteed pass)

3) In normal IV breeding, the baby inherits 3 IVs from both parents (in any combination). The Destiny Knot ups that to 5 perfect IVs. Having both parents hold Destiny Knots will not do anything more than a single parent holding one. That said, you can transfer 2 perfect IVs without the Destiny Knot, but having a parent hold one (doesn't matter which parent holds it, by the way) will improve the chance that you pass both.
Oh no, not again.

User Info: Kabuki81311

Kabuki81311
3 years ago#4
also which power item u use, all depends on which IV u want to pass down. generally i just stick with getting 3 or 4 power items and then once the pokemon has 3 or 4 perfect iVs i use destiny knot from there on
3ds FC ; 0361 6870 2968

User Info: BoBoBo_24

BoBoBo_24
3 years ago#5
Also how many Dittos should I focus on getting? I just need ones with as many natures I can get (or need) & have perfect IVs for every stat?

(By perfect IVs for every stat I mean have atleast 1 ditto with a perfect IV for a certain stat)
3ds Friend Code: (Shawn) 0490-4792-3979

User Info: namlas87

namlas87
3 years ago#6
I have a 3IV ditto with destiny knot and a baby pokemon with 4IV. Should I put destiny knot on my ditto and everstone on my pokemon to breed a 5IV? what happen if the parent pokemon gets lvl up while breeding? will it erase some egg move?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Breeding & Perfect IV Questions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived