This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Breeding & Perfect IV Questions

#1BoBoBo_24Posted 10/27/2013 10:30:33 AM
1. When u breed a pokemon can the hatched child mate with its parents, grandparents, ect? Like breed ditto + charmander, hatch egg, then breed hatched charmander with same ditto.

2. How many of each power item do u need for perfect IV breeding? Is 1 of each enough or will I need 2 of each. (Power Braver for example)

3. Can the Destiny Knot be used to transfer a pokemon's 2 perfect IV's? And what happens if both parents hold the destiny knot?

Never messed with perfect IV's before. Actually always thought IV & EV were the same thing lol.
---
3ds Friend Code: (Shawn) 0490-4792-3979
#2Kabuki81311Posted 10/27/2013 10:36:08 AM
BoBoBo_24 posted...
1. When u breed a pokemon can the hatched child mate with its parents, grandparents, ect? Like breed ditto + charmander, hatch egg, then breed hatched charmander with same ditto.

2. How many of each power item do u need for perfect IV breeding? Is 1 of each enough or will I need 2 of each. (Power Braver for example)

3. Can the Destiny Knot be used to transfer a pokemon's 2 perfect IV's? And what happens if both parents hold the destiny knot?

Never messed with perfect IV's before. Actually always thought IV & EV were the same thing lol.

1)yes

2)
1 power item (if u want to specifically pass down 1 stat, garenteed iirc)
destiny knot (if u want to pass down up to 5 stats, instead of 3. you only need to equip to one since it works on both parents iirc)
everstone (if u want to pass down nature)

3) destiny knot picks between 3 results; one or the other parents IVs, or a random IV (random for each IV stat but picks up to 5 instead of the deafault 3)

as for both holding i am told theres little to no point in doing so
---
3ds FC ; 0361 6870 2968
#3Pulsar24Posted 10/27/2013 10:37:12 AM
BoBoBo_24 posted...

1) Yes

2) You only need one of each. Having more will not do anything, as having a parent hold a power item will guarantee that the IV is passed (this is not guaranteed if both parents hold a power item; it will randomly select between the two for a guaranteed pass)

3) In normal IV breeding, the baby inherits 3 IVs from both parents (in any combination). The Destiny Knot ups that to 5 perfect IVs. Having both parents hold Destiny Knots will not do anything more than a single parent holding one. That said, you can transfer 2 perfect IVs without the Destiny Knot, but having a parent hold one (doesn't matter which parent holds it, by the way) will improve the chance that you pass both.
---
Oh no, not again.
#4Kabuki81311Posted 10/27/2013 10:37:53 AM
also which power item u use, all depends on which IV u want to pass down. generally i just stick with getting 3 or 4 power items and then once the pokemon has 3 or 4 perfect iVs i use destiny knot from there on
---
3ds FC ; 0361 6870 2968
#5BoBoBo_24(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 10:57:46 AM
Also how many Dittos should I focus on getting? I just need ones with as many natures I can get (or need) & have perfect IVs for every stat?

(By perfect IVs for every stat I mean have atleast 1 ditto with a perfect IV for a certain stat)
---
3ds Friend Code: (Shawn) 0490-4792-3979
#6namlas87Posted 10/27/2013 10:58:17 AM
I have a 3IV ditto with destiny knot and a baby pokemon with 4IV. Should I put destiny knot on my ditto and everstone on my pokemon to breed a 5IV? what happen if the parent pokemon gets lvl up while breeding? will it erase some egg move?