This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just finished a Monotype Bug run

#11piranhapetePosted 10/27/2013 3:30:35 PM
Silverwyrm posted...
piranhapete posted...
I'm pretty sure this is what monotype has always meant. All of your team includes one type.

pure typing only would be extremely hard to get the pokemon for, and possibly impossible for some, so yea

I mean...how many pure bugs do we have?

A whopping *four* fully evolved ones. :p
---
I count triple because I'm the False Spring Queen!
So you ARE outnumbered, cakesniffers.
#12Cecil_Del_SolPosted 10/27/2013 3:31:34 PM
Silverwyrm posted...

TC could've gone through with Pinsir, Accelgor, Kricketune, Volbeat, Illumise, and Metapod...
---
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1920/3dspictures002.jpg
Cecil is a man with honor. ~ AncientPancakes
#13piranhapetePosted 10/27/2013 3:37:36 PM
He could have. But "monotype" in the Pokemon community describes exactly what he did. You can look it up if you don't believe me. I personally still think it's impressive.
---
I count triple because I'm the False Spring Queen!
So you ARE outnumbered, cakesniffers.
#14Shigmiya64Posted 10/27/2013 3:39:28 PM
Silverwyrm posted...
Shigmiya64 posted...
Monkins42 posted...
Normal does sound like a lot of fun, but I just realized Ice might be a really interesting type, and it will give me a good reason to use an Aurorus on my team too!

Thing is, you're gonna have a hard time filling out your team early on with ice.

Though, you could ask for mystery Ice type eggs from the forums. I know I'd contribute!

trade over eggs from another game

Just like I said in the post you quoted!
---
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."
My 3DS Friend Code: 0705 - 3328 - 1003
#15Cecil_Del_SolPosted 10/27/2013 3:48:24 PM
piranhapete posted...
He could have. But "monotype" in the Pokemon community describes exactly what he did. You can look it up if you don't believe me. I personally still think it's impressive.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I just think the term itself is a bit of a misnomer. In MTG, when someone builds a "monocolor" deck, that deck is one color, that's it. If something refers to a "monocolored" card, that card may only have exactly one color.

I believe that's how it should be used, but it's both just personal preference and semantics.
---
#16Monkins42(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 3:55:33 PM
Shigmiya64 posted...
Monkins42 posted...
Normal does sound like a lot of fun, but I just realized Ice might be a really interesting type, and it will give me a good reason to use an Aurorus on my team too!

Thing is, you're gonna have a hard time filling out your team early on with ice.

Though, you could ask for mystery Ice type eggs from the forums. I know I'd contribute!

I think I'm going to trade over a Bergmite egg, and a Cubchoo egg from my X, because I really want to only use Pokemon available before the Elite Four. And I haven't ever used these two Pokemon before (the whole point of these runs is to get me to use and try out Pokemon that I haven't, or barely used before, as well as adding an interesting challenge).

But random Ice eggs does sound pretty interesting.
---
Xbox 360 Gamer-Tag: Alec8717
3DS Friend Code: 1950-8272-8519
#17Monkins42(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 3:58:58 PM
piranhapete posted...
I'm pretty sure this is what monotype has always meant. All of your team includes one type.

That's what I thought too, there are actually very few Bug Pokemon that remain pure Bug when fully evolved, I think Accelgor and Kricketune are the only ones that do. All other pure bugs either don't evolve, or are way too weak to use. I'm looking at you Volbeat and Illumise.
---
#18Monkins42(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 4:00:42 PM
Cecil_Del_Sol posted...
Silverwyrm posted...

TC could've gone through with Pinsir, Accelgor, Kricketune, Volbeat, Illumise, and Metapod...

That would've been interesting, and a real challenge. Although I don't think I would've been able to do it, because the only one of those I kinda like is Pinsir, the rest just seem too bland for me to devote to using the whole game :/
---
#19Cecil_Del_SolPosted 10/27/2013 4:02:54 PM
Monkins42 posted...
That would've been interesting, and a real challenge. Although I don't think I would've been able to do it, because the only one of those I kinda like is Pinsir, the rest just seem too bland for me to devote to using the whole game :/

You need to learn to appreciate the power of the deeleeleeleewooooooop.

Only then will you be a true Pokemon Master.
---