This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Still don't understand why natures are important.

#11code_kirinPosted 10/27/2013 3:38:50 PM
Because it's common knowledge by now. Those red and blue highlights on the stat screen? Those are natures at work. Catch any two pokemon with noticeably different natures and you'll see a stat difference.
---
Pokemon Y FC: 1134-7624-5851
#12BeenaboPosted 10/28/2013 1:28:40 PM
What's common knowledge to one person may not be to another. Let's try and be helpful within a forum guys, rather than make someone feel like an idiot for asking. After all, what's really the point in a forum, if not to ask for help?
---
Friend code 4210 4049 3373
Friend Safari Pokemon - Krabby, Gyarados and Azumarill Gameboy is my in game name.
#13Sticky_DerpPosted 10/28/2013 1:30:21 PM
Beenabo posted...
What's common knowledge to one person may not be to another. Let's try and be helpful within a forum guys, rather than make someone feel like an idiot for asking. After all, what's really the point in a forum, if not to ask for help?

forums are for discussion actually
discussion can involve help

but this is something 5 seconds and google would have solved

laziness is not something people feel the need to coddle, as this topic has shown
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#14smashman92Posted 10/28/2013 1:31:28 PM
RAcastBlaster posted...
homersimpson132 posted...
marioparty17 posted...
www.google.ca

inb4 canada jokes

Don't you mean google.fr?

I mean, really.

...America, nuf said
---
Charizard for SSBU
#15Mega_RatPosted 10/28/2013 1:31:51 PM
Shorydouken posted...
FuneralCake posted...
If you don't understand why a 10% boost is important, you probably shouldn't be playing Pokemon even semi-competitively.

That's why and don't. And why does everyone seem to think I just knew they give a 10% stat increase? That's why I asked.

Only one person said anything negative. Everybody else helped.
---
http://imgur.com/ExbDPIs <- My name in a game (MSFHD)! :D
3DS FC: 3265-5290-1850
#16Megaman OmegaPosted 10/28/2013 1:35:06 PM(edited)
Sure, it's unimportant ingame. But try getting anywhere competitively or in Pseudo-PvP (Battle _____) and the game will laugh at you. Actually, if you do that, the game will upload videos of you getting beaten to Reggie, who then laughs at the natures of your Pokemon.
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1
#17BeenaboPosted 10/28/2013 1:35:36 PM
Sticky_Derp posted...
Beenabo posted...

forums are for discussion actually
discussion can involve help

but this is something 5 seconds and google would have solved

laziness is not something people feel the need to coddle, as this topic has shown

Telling someone just to use Google when they can just as easily give the answer is one of the most pointless things ever. If you think he could just use Google, just don't bother replying at all.
---
Friend code 4210 4049 3373
Friend Safari Pokemon - Krabby, Gyarados and Azumarill Gameboy is my in game name.
#18ArrestedGamingPosted 10/28/2013 1:40:09 PM
Natures are not important unless you play competitively. You can tell what a nature does by looking at the pokemon's stats. If the stat gets a boost from a nature, it is outlined lightly in red, while the stat decreased is outlined in blue. Some natures though are neutral and don't affect stats. Hope that helps TC.

Also, people of Gamefaq! This is a board for people interested in knowing more about the game. Google works, but this board is specifically for questions and discussion of these games in particular. Please stop being ****s.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ArrestedGaming
http://arrestedgaming.tumblr.com/ GT: KingVVolf
#19vahndragonwingPosted 10/28/2013 1:43:38 PM
Shorydouken posted...
FuneralCake posted...
If you don't understand why a 10% boost is important, you probably shouldn't be playing Pokemon even semi-competitively.

That's why and don't. And why does everyone seem to think I just knew they give a 10% stat increase? That's why I asked.

because you said you still dont see why theyre important

which implies youve done at least the basest research on it, or you would have said "I dont understand why natures are important" which would have led to simple first-time explaination
---
IMO
3050-9023-0902