This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About Battle Institude... ARE THEY F*****G KIDDING ME?

#51ExaetellusPosted 10/27/2013 5:20:13 PM(edited)
Languages in their own aren't factual.

why the hell wouldn't people care when you ramble without knowing a damn thing about what you're talking about regardless of the subject?

This is why I am really not taking you seriously. "Languages aren't factual, but let me tell how you are factually wrong about the use of a term."

Let alone a term that no human being off of the internet would even have a clue what I am talking about, not to mention a term that not everyone on the internet agrees.
---
"So follow me into the sun, and I will bleed these poisons dry."
3DS FC:4312 - 9992 - 0441
#52NightmareGamma(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 5:16:44 PM
MoonLightCloud posted...
I really hope you're trolling...

Not fair? Really? Using a Power Herb is now considered unfair?

Moltres is complete garbage, you could've beaten it easily had you not brought 3 Fire Pokemon to the fight.

If you would have read which Pokemon i used, you wouldn't say that.

Unfair was a hard word, but it really surprised, especially because I was not able to find Power herbs myself in this Generation.

Also, I may have used 2 Fire Pokemon, but I thanks to the Mega Stone, I was able to use Charizard in many different ways. Enemy uses Ground Attacks? Just have normal Charizard. Someone uses Water? Go Mega X!

Charizard can be really good if used right, however, the main Problem I had that all the Pokemon know KO Attacks, or used charged attacks with herbs! And the worst is that all of those ALWAYS HIT!!! except once! With a chance 30% to hit, you would think K.O. Attacks will most times miss, but that isn't the case, at least not if the CPU is using them (I tried it once myself, and ALWAYS missed).

Call it bad luck or whatever but the Institude is a load of crap =/
---
#53GoldenPower89Posted 10/27/2013 5:18:38 PM
It sounds like you need a bit more speed if you keep getting hit by Fissure. Or you could just avoid the Battle Institute completely. The Battle Maison is a bit more fair.
---
3DS FC: 2964-9126-1457
#54DeitylightPosted 10/27/2013 5:19:01 PM
NightmareGamma posted...
Right now, I'm at the battle institude, and one of the rules: I can't use legendarys!

well, I have beaten three of the trainers by now, and now I fight the fourth, a Veteran and...
SHE USES A *EFF*ING LANDORUS!!!

Why can the NPC's use Legendarys in a battle where they are forbidden?

Let's hope I can beat her...

You can't use legendary pokemon that have 660-680 base stats ( in other words, mewtwo, Xerneas etc).
The legendary pokemon are league and they always were.
---
FC:3840-5960-0959
Friend safari:Riolu, Machoke, and Pancham
#55FredCat07Posted 10/27/2013 5:19:08 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
FredCat07 posted...
RAcastBlaster posted...
You can use normal legendaries (like trios, Lati@s, etc). Only Cover Legends (Groudon, Kyogre, etc), Event Legends(Mew, Celebi, etc), and other Major Legends (Mewtwo, Arceus, Darkrai) are banned.

/topic

Curious why censored that white flying whale's name?

He wasn't censoring anything. Because the @ symbol looks like an A inside an O, "Lati@s" is used to mean "Latias/Latios".

I c... that's very clever way to put the names in one word. So pardon me for misunderstanding his way of using it.
---
American Sign Language is my primary language - deal with it!
"ESL" is standing for "English Sign Language", period.
#56el_tercer_poderPosted 10/27/2013 5:19:13 PM
improvisionist posted...
Where the hell does an old lady get a zapdos

Seriously?
Most of the trainers in this region (ESPECIALLY old people) are rich.
She could've bought them somewhere in the black market.
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#57Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/27/2013 5:19:15 PM
Exaetellus posted...

why the hell wouldn't people care when you ramble without knowing a damn thing about what you're talking about regardless of the subject?

This is why I am really not taking you seriously. "Languages aren't factual, but let me tell how you are factually wrong about the use of a term."

Let alone a term that no human being off of the internet would even have a clue what I am talking about, not to mention a term everyone on the internet agrees.

Because terms are a mutual agreement. That's why we use terms. Why do people speak in English/Japanese/French/etc. languages? So we can comprehend.

If everyone was like you we'd all be speaking aksdha;hgrg iugh h haor hghta;rht;r; gh grhpwrtu.

Because "Not everyone can agree on a term." The problem is when a large group use a term in such a regard unless you specify otherwise you're constantly going to look the part of a fool. Yes, terms, languages and oher such ideas are subjective.

That doesn't mean we should speak **** about something if we don't comprehend the actual term in the first place.

And no, just because you and two others disagree with that term, doesn't make it incorrect in the situation or context.

Like I said your logical fallacies need work.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#58YarhiPosted 10/27/2013 5:20:52 PM
SorceressTharja posted...
Tbh, the legends in Battle Maison are easy as pie (I lost to a Tentacruel of all things... it was just a perfect counter), whilst even the non-legends in Battle Institute can be big-ass threats.

Oh, yes. That Tentacruel completely blindsided me and one-shot my Flygon. Cost my my 20th round, too ;_;
---
3DS FC: 0018-0950-4382 (Psychic)
#59NightmareGamma(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 5:21:19 PM
returnal posted...
NightmareGamma posted...
well, let's see what the fifth trainer has in his sleeves...

I also don't have any legendarys except Zygard, Xerneas and Mewtwo. I still need to find Zapdos.

So I'm pretty much screwed when there is someone using such a team =( Especially because they all seems to be EV Trained and have max IV's (at least I can't think for another reason why nearly anyone is out speeding my Delphox which has 25 Speed IV's and 252 EV's in Speed =(

You don't need legendaries to beat the Institute consistently. I did it a bunch with Gengar, Aegislash and Garchomp/Gyarados. Just don't use all fire types? Because then just one Pokemon (Landorus) can easily wreck you.

What was outspeeding you?

Starmie (which was no surprise. Most Pokemon in the Institude are maxed EV in Speed and Starmie has more Base Speed than Delphox), Moltres, Demeteros, and several others but those where not memorable, because I have beaten the others before Demeteros easily...)
---
#60ExaetellusPosted 10/27/2013 5:25:12 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Exaetellus posted...

Let alone a term that no human being off of the internet would even have a clue what I am talking about, not to mention a term everyone on the internet agrees.

Because terms are a mutual agreement. That's why we use terms. Why do people speak in English/Japanese/French/etc. languages? So we can comprehend.

If everyone was like you we'd all be speaking aksdha;hgrg iugh h haor hghta;rht;r; gh grhpwrtu.

Because "Not everyone can agree on a term." The problem is when a large group use a term in such a regard unless you specify otherwise you're constantly going to look the part of a fool. Yes, terms, languages and oher such ideas are subjective.

That doesn't mean we should speak **** about something if we don't comprehend the actual term in the first place.

And no, just because you and two others disagree with that term, doesn't make it incorrect in the situation or context.

Like I said your logical fallacies need work.

The alternative was me saying "Legends can't be used except... (long list of specific legends)" which is far more confusing, when the reader knows exactly what I mean by pseudo, especially because I gave group attribution after using the word.
---
"So follow me into the sun, and I will bleed these poisons dry."
3DS FC:4312 - 9992 - 0441