This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now that Charizard has Mega forms, could he be higher tier then NU?/Team Thread

#1FFT-FanPosted 10/27/2013 5:42:20 PM
Most of my other pokemon are OU, but just looked on Smogon for B/W charizard(to use as a base for ev/moveset) and found out he's NU tier. Would he be higher tier now that he has Mega X and Y forms? I'd like to use Charizard X. If he's still unusable in OU, who should I replace him with as an offensive Fire type? Infernape, since Blaziken is Uber?

So far, assuming Charizard can't be used in OU I'm thinking of using Gyarados, Alakazam, Scizor, Magnezone, Garchomp, Gengar, experimenting with who should be the mega if I don;t use Charizard, probably Mega Gengar/Scizor. Others that I might have as backups, or are trying out in the main game: Aegislash, Lucario, Sylveon, Chesnaught, Garchomp, Talonflame, Tyrantrum. Going to be just starting out with an online team, might take experimentation to find a team that works, didn't play Gen V much. Just starting out with offensive pokemon with good type coverage, will have to see what people use to get a good balance. Favoring a few strong attackers plus some dual-types with good resistances and not too many weaknesses, Aegislash for high defense + King's Shield for lowering attack. Will try other roles later. Can I do online battles without perfect IVs/EVs/Natures or does everyone already have these set up? I'll do breeding once I have a team I like maybe around 10 including alts. Still need to get Dittos for breeding. I saw a similar team in another thread with a Gliscor, I might get him if Ground types are a problem since my team might not be effective against them and some of the pokemon I might use have Flying or Steel type. A lot of my favorites playing through Gen IV and V(offline) are Steel.
#2ExaetellusPosted 10/27/2013 5:43:27 PM
Yzard might make OU, only, and only, because of Drought.
---
"So follow me into the sun, and I will bleed these poisons dry."
3DS FC:4312 - 9992 - 0441
#3gatz900Posted 10/27/2013 5:45:43 PM
people on smogen talk about how both forms could be OU. I personally think Y will be OU if you build around him with a proper rapid spinner, etc because his attacks hit like a truck
---
3DS FC: 1821-9521-7577 ign space
Pokemon bw2 fc: 1378 9885 3064
#4ExonOuroborosPosted 10/27/2013 5:46:21 PM
gatz900 posted...
people on smogen talk about how both forms could be OU. I personally think Y will be OU if you build around him with a proper rapid spinner, etc because his attacks hit like a truck

They're a package deal, bro.
#5the_cajun88Posted 10/27/2013 5:46:56 PM
You can use lower tier Pokemon in the higher tiers.
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
#6Misha-HeartPosted 10/27/2013 5:48:41 PM
ExonOuroboros posted...

They are two different forms. Deoxys-Defense has been in a separate tier from his brother forms for a reason.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Oh Poor soul who has lost their love, I will make your heart race once more!
#7gatz900Posted 10/27/2013 5:52:02 PM(edited)
ExonOuroboros posted...
gatz900 posted...

you can only use one or the other at a time. do you even know what you are talking about, "bro?"
---
3DS FC: 1821-9521-7577 ign space
Pokemon bw2 fc: 1378 9885 3064
#8ExonOuroborosPosted 10/27/2013 5:52:53 PM
gatz900 posted...
ExonOuroboros posted...
gatz900 posted...

you can only use one or the other at a time. how are they a package deal, "bro?"

Both "forms" of Charizard are likely to end up in the same tier since it's not really a form change.
#9ExonOuroborosPosted 10/27/2013 5:56:50 PM
Misha-Heart posted...
ExonOuroboros posted...

They are two different forms. Deoxys-Defense has been in a separate tier from his brother forms for a reason.

That's not reliant on an item.
#10mada7Posted 10/27/2013 5:58:42 PM
ExonOuroboros posted...
gatz900 posted...
ExonOuroboros posted...
gatz900 posted...

you can only use one or the other at a time. how are they a package deal, "bro?"

Both "forms" of Charizard are likely to end up in the same tier since it's not really a form change.

They have different stats types and abilities how is it not a form change when you consider that Giratina, Deoxys, Kyurem, and Arceus all have less different and are considered different pokemon for competitive purposes
---
Pokemon Black FC = 3396 8733 5419
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448