This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is this not a thing? (2x and 4x damage)

#21sabeta_samaPosted 10/27/2013 9:07:03 PM
VIIVincent posted...
what they need are icons for telling what stats have been lowered or raised. sword for ATK, shield for DEF and etc. that way new players will know why their Ember isnt much damage after getting hit by Confide 2 or 3 times.

It tells you that though...It doesn't take a genius to look at their stats page see some moves listed as "Special" and have the energy ripple looking Icon, and see that their Pokemon has a Special Attack stat, and then see that their Special Attack gets lowered.
---
Official Gardevoir of the Pokemon X Message Boards
#22Doctor_SpankyPosted 10/27/2013 9:09:03 PM
I think you need a better adverb than "ultra" but yeah I always thought it would've made more sense to have indicators for 1/4x and 4x effective attacks
---
Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it.
#23Xenesis XenonPosted 10/27/2013 9:09:59 PM
sabeta_sama posted...
VIIVincent posted...
what they need are icons for telling what stats have been lowered or raised. sword for ATK, shield for DEF and etc. that way new players will know why their Ember isnt much damage after getting hit by Confide 2 or 3 times.

It tells you that though...It doesn't take a genius to look at their stats page see some moves listed as "Special" and have the energy ripple looking Icon, and see that their Pokemon has a Special Attack stat, and then see that their Special Attack gets lowered.

It'd still be nice to have a visual representation of it.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#24freeze_rayPosted 10/27/2013 9:12:03 PM
I agree with you, OP. Everyone giving you crap over it is being unreasonable. Not having it because "everyone knows the type matchups" is an argument that can basically be used in favor of removing the "super effective" message altogether, which I think we can all agree is stupid. There's really no reason to not have the extra flavor--it would just feel more satisfying when you land a perfect hit.
---
3DS: 4682-9364-5990