This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A heartwarming story

#1Azure_FlamePosted 10/27/2013 7:01:33 PM
My fiancee lives in Illinois, but plans to move down here to Philly in December. Since I can't connect my 3DS to my university's wi-fi, the times I can be online are limited to when I go to the dining hall and hop across the street to the Starbucks and use their wi-fi.

Anyway, she hadn't played a Pokemon game since Gen 4, which she hated, and was (and still is, to an extent) jaded about all the new Pokemon designs -- she almost didn't play this gen. Since I picked up X version, though, she decided to pick up Y as well, and whenever I can I've been trading her her favorite Pokemon so that she can put together the party she wants.

Last week, I traded her a Gothorita so she could breed a Gothita and eventually add a Gothitelle to her party -- Gothitelle is her favorite Pokemon, and she's had so much fun raising it that I feel like the happiest guy alive.

She also wants a Togekiss, and since I happened to snag a Togepi over GTS the other day, I'll be trading her a Togetic tomorrow so she can breed a Togepi to raise.

I actually got a little teary-eyed typing this. It's always wonderful when someone you love shares one of your greatest interests.
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate
#2setymanPosted 10/27/2013 7:03:04 PM
Your last line was heartwarming.
---
3DS FC: 1375 - 7550 - 5688 (Name is Sety in every game).
#3Azure_Flame(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 7:22:31 PM
There is nothing I wouldn't do for her, but considering our distance I'm glad to be able to help out even this much. <3
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate
#4Dark Young LinkPosted 10/27/2013 7:25:42 PM
Dawwww
---
I'm not at liberty to discuss things involving random users I've never heard of. Sorry . :) - Allen's wife, speaking about Luster
3DS FC : 3926-5549-8616
#5ArkkanaPosted 10/27/2013 7:28:37 PM
D'awww how cute. Off topic, but what side of Philadelphia do you reside in? I happen to live in Philadelphia too.
---
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." - Spock
"The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow." - Bob Marley
#6Azure_Flame(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 7:30:08 PM
Arkkana posted...
D'awww how cute. Off topic, but what side of Philadelphia do you reside in? I happen to live in Philadelphia too.

South Philly, right near city hall.
---
#7VulcanDrakePosted 10/27/2013 7:30:13 PM
Dawwww also Togekiss is one of my favorites also, thunderwavin' all day erry day then aiiirrrr slasssshhhhh not to mention fighting type has gone from neutral to quarter damage is just a sheer perk.
---
PS0 FC - 4598 0313 5635
#8ArkkanaPosted 10/27/2013 7:33:11 PM
Azure_Flame posted...
Arkkana posted...

South Philly, right near city hall.

Interesting, I'm also within South.
---
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." - Spock
"The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow." - Bob Marley
#9Octaivian_RexPosted 10/27/2013 7:34:25 PM
Last week, I traded her a Gothorita so she could breed a Gothita and eventually add a Gothitelle to her party -- Gothitelle is her favorite Pokemon

Well that's the first time I've heard that.
---
http://i.picasion.com/resize74/6d90c9342974ff164d4f0acd718fde7a.gif
#10Azure_Flame(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 7:35:07 PM
Octaivian_Rex posted...
Last week, I traded her a Gothorita so she could breed a Gothita and eventually add a Gothitelle to her party -- Gothitelle is her favorite Pokemon

Well that's the first time I've heard that.

She's a huge fan of gothic lolita fashion so it kinda goes to figure, I guess.
---