This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So IVs really don't make much of a difference?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So IVs really don't make much of a difference?

User Info: gladwyn101

gladwyn101
3 years ago#1
Apparently, my Modest nature Delphox at level 100 with a Sp. Atk of 334 and 252 EVs in that stat only has an IV of 8, yet at IV of 31, it would only be 359? Only 25 points difference? Wow. I am not going to give a f*** about IVs anymore. What a waste of time.
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Snivy (Monty)

User Info: empireoffire

empireoffire
3 years ago#2
I don't even know where to start...
size does not matter....weight does.
other aliases: gamefreak043, Cyborg-Kangaroo, Joe The Smurf

User Info: crzydvd

crzydvd
3 years ago#3
oh, if you only knew. and the IV that probably matters the most, is speed. while having 5 31 Iv's is just going to make you hit harder and take a hit better

User Info: elitelmo

elitelmo
3 years ago#4
sigh....
O.O`
3DS FC: 2595 0434 8412

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
3 years ago#5
Fun fact, before nature adjustments a full 0-IV pokemon has a full 186 stat points less compared to a full-31 IV pokemon at L100.

And having a 31 IV is equivalent to having 128 EVs in the stat.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.

User Info: gladwyn101

gladwyn101
3 years ago#6
I'm dead serious about this. I did the math, and fretting about perfect IVs is pointless unless you're a pathological perfectionist with no life. I mean, sure, a Speed IV could be seen as important given how a couple points makes a difference who goes first, but with Attack and Defense stats, it just isn't worth it.
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Snivy (Monty)

User Info: Loshadt

Loshadt
3 years ago#7
gladwyn101 posted...
I'm dead serious about this. I did the math, and fretting about perfect IVs is pointless unless you're a pathological perfectionist with no life.

I just did the math and the numbers conclude that your math is incorrect and should probably repeat third grade.
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.

User Info: Noerah4eva

Noerah4eva
3 years ago#8
Not at all. I just look for decent natures or just a serious nature so everything is even. Then I ev train 2 stats and call it a day. I manage to beat most of the local kids.

User Info: Halectic

Halectic
3 years ago#9
The only thing you need 31 one is speed, everything else is negotiable
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835

User Info: Midnighthobo89

Midnighthobo89
3 years ago#10
Loshadt posted...
gladwyn101 posted...
I'm dead serious about this. I did the math, and fretting about perfect IVs is pointless unless you're a pathological perfectionist with no life.

I just did the math and the numbers conclude that your math is incorrect and should probably repeat third grade.

adding is hard
Pkmn X/Y FC: 2363-6118-3649 [Gary]
(Pkmn Safari = Pupitar/Dwebble/Barbaracle) If want to add me send a PM :)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So IVs really don't make much of a difference?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived