This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people."

#1Azure_FlamePosted 10/27/2013 8:06:02 PM
"Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

And on that note, I've got an academic paper to write about the guy who remixes Barack Obama's speeches into popular music.
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate
#2chumpykalamoonaPosted 10/27/2013 8:19:49 PM
Azure_Flame posted...
"Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

The operative word there is "try." Just because it's your favorite, doesn't you'll win with it.

I like Farfetch'd. But have I excluded him from nearly every competetive team of mine because he sucks? Yes.

That message is poetic. And works in the storyline of Pokemon. It's about friendship and trust.
Games are based on numbers, however. And gameplay dictates that there ARE in fact strong and weak Pokemon. It's not up to selfish perceptions. It's up to hard-coded numbers. And numbers don't lie.
---
Are you okay!? BUSTAH WULF!
#3MickeyRocksaPosted 10/27/2013 8:21:21 PM
the clash of 2 minds

O.o
---
Fight Me.... MICKEYx 3ds FC: 4141-2356-8625 ...pm me 1st
Lucario & Protoman for SSb4
#4NecrosexuaIPosted 10/27/2013 8:21:50 PM
the problem is chumpy if no one had datamined ever we would all still believe the idea. -u-
sometimes i love competitive side, sometimes i dislike it. -u-
---
CUTE GIRL, SPOOKY NAME my friend safari has ditto, kecleon, teddiursa
dream code: 5300-2900-4767 - RAID ON THE CITY, KNOCK OUT, EVIL TUSKS
#5chronosilly22Posted 10/27/2013 8:22:15 PM
my favorite pokemon is Gengar so it's a win/win for me
---
3DS friend code: 1375-7295-8872
#6FurryyifferPosted 10/27/2013 8:27:54 PM
NecrosexuaI posted...
the problem is chumpy if no one had datamined ever we would all still believe the idea. -u-

Not really. People would eventually figure out that some pokemon stomp while others cant do much. Anyone who actually believed that out of then 250+ pokemon that every one would be able to fight on equal footing is a darn fool. Especially with things like Magikarp around which were designed to be as pathetic as possible.
---
Ryuho, Playing Tales of Graces F
Forever in my heart.
#7Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/27/2013 8:29:43 PM
NecrosexuaI posted...

No.

Do you honestly believe people wouldn't figure out that Mewtwo is 100% more effective in use than say Magikarp (actually my percent listed is low in comparison to the fact of the matter.)

People would have found out one way or another, people who think otherwise are highly delusional.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#8Devon32Posted 10/27/2013 8:31:01 PM
My pikachu loses like half his life from Pokemon 20++ lvls lower than him lol.... Rotom-w ftw
---
3DS FC - 5412-9936-6028
#9Xeo352Posted 10/27/2013 8:35:46 PM
I just won some normal rules random matchup using beedrill as a huge part of my team... He took out a Goodra and Zoroark and got some toxic spikes lain out... You can use whatever you want and do fine, overpowered pokemon get boring
#10jing0000Posted 10/27/2013 8:38:25 PM
Xeo352 posted...
I just won some normal rules random matchup using beedrill as a huge part of my team... He took out a Goodra and Zoroark and got some toxic spikes lain out... You can use whatever you want and do fine, overpowered pokemon get boring

Beedrill has been in my team in almost every game in the series dating back to the original RBY days. not sure why, He has never been the most effective. But I love him..I always get a little bit of a joyful spark whenever I see a weedle in a new game.
---
none