This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people."

#11pikangiePosted 10/27/2013 9:39:04 PM(edited)
I always use my favorite cute/pretty Pokemon for beating the game NPCs/storyline.
---
ACNL QR Codes: http://pikangie.tumblr.com/
3DS Friendcode: 4597-0805-4383
#12jobacohuePosted 10/27/2013 9:39:45 PM
On a semi-related note, I present something that you've probably heard, but I don't care!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYuZlhCPbjM
---
Official everything of everything.
FC 2449-5485-3032 add me for the friend safari sexy people
#13Xeo352Posted 10/27/2013 9:41:33 PM
jing0000 posted...
Xeo352 posted...
I just won some normal rules random matchup using beedrill as a huge part of my team... He took out a Goodra and Zoroark and got some toxic spikes lain out... You can use whatever you want and do fine, overpowered pokemon get boring

Beedrill has been in my team in almost every game in the series dating back to the original RBY days. not sure why, He has never been the most effective. But I love him..I always get a little bit of a joyful spark whenever I see a weedle in a new game.

You too? He's one of my absolute favorites to start out with, so much early game power and such a cool design! [not the R/B/Y thing, I didn't start until RSE]
#14Gord11111Posted 10/27/2013 9:43:13 PM
chumpykalamoona posted...
Azure_Flame posted...
"Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

The operative word there is "try." Just because it's your favorite, doesn't you'll win with it.

I like Farfetch'd. But have I excluded him from nearly every competetive team of mine because he sucks? Yes.

That message is poetic. And works in the storyline of Pokemon. It's about friendship and trust.
Games are based on numbers, however. And gameplay dictates that there ARE in fact strong and weak Pokemon. It's not up to selfish perceptions. It's up to hard-coded numbers. And numbers don't lie.

Smogon's page on Farfetch'd
many monsters rely on cowardly tactics—hit-and-run maneuvers with Choice items, unfairly exploiting their foes' typings to set up, or using despicable entry hazards to violate the sanctity of Focus Sash. Some simply use sheer brute force to crush those foes who are less fortunate, or a favorable typing and natural defensive power to wall their foes. Farfetch'd is a simpler kind of Pokemon. An honorable Pokemon. A decent Pokemon. Using Farfetch'd isn't just picking a team member—it's standing up for the restoration of knightly virtue to Pokemon battles. Farfetch'd can't use Choice items; it doesn't have a STAB combo that leaves many Pokemon no choice but to flee. Nor does it wield those entry hazards, or any other such trickery. And of course it is humble, statistically. Farfetch'd is a Pokemon which desires a duel; in a situation where its foes grant it the chance it needs to show its abilities, it cannot be beat.

But it loses to anything with more than 219 speed or anything that doesn't let it set up.
---
-Makin' it Rainbow: Water Gym Leader, Elite Divided-
-3DS FC 2492 4122 0750-
Safari Pokemon: Pumpkaboo/Lampent/Dusclops
#15RhydonsPosted 10/27/2013 9:44:35 PM
karen only plays in-game tho
---
3DS FC: 3566-2065-7747 - Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen
http://i.imgur.com/XnrxPTx.png
#16jing0000Posted 10/27/2013 9:46:42 PM
Xeo352 posted...
jing0000 posted...
Xeo352 posted...
I just won some normal rules random matchup using beedrill as a huge part of my team... He took out a Goodra and Zoroark and got some toxic spikes lain out... You can use whatever you want and do fine, overpowered pokemon get boring

Beedrill has been in my team in almost every game in the series dating back to the original RBY days. not sure why, He has never been the most effective. But I love him..I always get a little bit of a joyful spark whenever I see a weedle in a new game.

You too? He's one of my absolute favorites to start out with, so much early game power and such a cool design! [not the R/B/Y thing, I didn't start until RSE]

Love his design as well. And while not the strongest he does hold up pretty well even in the late game. (on story if not competitive)...I want to find a shiny weedle.
---
none
#17Azure_Flame(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 9:48:21 PM
jobacohue posted...
On a semi-related note, I present something that you've probably heard, but I don't care!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYuZlhCPbjM

Man this is the best.

I plan on covering all aspects of pop culture as far as these dubs go, so you can bet I'll be mentioning this one!
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate
#18The Eternal EvilPosted 10/27/2013 9:50:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye7b3bOQ6lY
---
One Trainer to rule them all, One Trainer to find them,
One Trainer to catch them all and in the Pokeball bind them. Legend of Legacy.
#19kaizerkoalaPosted 10/27/2013 9:51:00 PM
It remind me of someone who try to solo game with sunflora....
---
My Nintendo Friend code 0275-7148-1384
For Pokemon Y My safari field is Masquerain, Paras and Vivilion (I know it bad :( )
#20SerperiorThanUPosted 10/28/2013 5:55:47 PM
Rhydons posted...
karen only plays in-game tho

Yeah and people are forgetting Karen LOST. She's just saying that to make herself feel better since she can't be older than 20 herself. I'm sure you know plenty of naïve 20 year old women.