This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which is the best competitive Fairy type?

#21D_BartPosted 10/28/2013 1:11:14 PM
Cincada posted...
Companion_Cube_ posted...
MrJinxed posted...
Whats all the fuss with klefki?

I don't know

Me either. Klefki has terrible stats, at least this list i'm looking at says so...

Prankster/Arguably the best typing in the game.

It's pretty much a superior Sableye.
---
Splash
#22PentaoPosted 10/28/2013 1:14:42 PM
Azumarill, high HP, solid defenses, immense attack, access to priority, very strong anti-dragon game (it also hard counters Clawitzer) great resists, good attack types and movepool, and can actually legitimately pull off a Belly Drum set.

Togekiss is great, but I think Azumarill is taking it with all of it's utility. Togekiss is more of a pivot and annoyer with it's Flinchax.
---
"Religion keeps pressing B when we try to evolve." - pirategeorge"
[3DS FC: 1934-0673-9848 (Pentao)]
#23SnowxReturnsPosted 10/28/2013 1:15:37 PM
Togekiss fails its job as a "dragon counter" because it's weak to ice, electric and rock, types commonly used by dragons. It's also slower than all of them and doesn't get Moonblast.
Azumarill is easily the best one of those.
#24MrJinxedPosted 10/28/2013 1:15:58 PM
Cincada posted...
MrJinxed posted...

I don't know

Me either. Klefki has terrible stats, at least this list i'm looking at says so...

Don't understand??

Togekiss is of course the best, but I figured Florges or Slyveon would be in second...not Klefki?!?!

I just looked at his weaknesses, movepool and abilities. It has a grace as a status setter, weather and dual screens. Doubt much will ohko it either.

However still think whimsicott is better as a prankster.
#25ollie229Posted 10/28/2013 1:16:03 PM
No love for Dedenne? =(
---
<DOCTYPE> is a myth.
3DS FC: 3711-8060-7307
#26CincadaPosted 10/28/2013 1:16:28 PM
D_Bart posted...
Cincada posted...
MrJinxed posted...

I don't know

Yea, not much on competitive battling so prankster didn't mean much to me honestly.
More of a Nuzlock guy =D

I do like the typing, but even so without all the EXP boosting items, Klefki will die too easily in my Nuz runs. =(

Pokemon fans are always so serious lol. Either about types, battling, best this and that, fanmadetierslol...

But I guess that's part of what makes it fun and keeps the game going. It wouldn't have such a large fanbase if hardcore online battling wasn't a thing. =)
---
Xbox360 Gamertag: Cincada
Pawn: Serena lvl 200 (Current Vocation: Ranger **I think**) Full Obliv gear Diablo 3: Luna 60 monk, 1650k+ Tdps and Climbing!
#27zelosjrPosted 10/28/2013 1:30:54 PM
SnowxReturns posted...
Togekiss fails its job as a "dragon counter" because it's weak to ice, electric and rock, types commonly used by dragons. It's also slower than all of them and doesn't get Moonblast.
Azumarill is easily the best one of those.

Erm, that's not togekiss's "job" though.

Togekiss's job is spreading paralysis and flinching things to death. Its counters are things that can't be paralyzed, so the blessing that is fairy typing is somewhat negated by electric types becoming immune to it. It might not become a monster threat in OU, but it's almost certainly going to become one of the top pokemon in the VGC.
It can also baton pass nasty plot, but who does that anymore?
---
Y Version - Sheena: 0817-3762-6045
#28Companion_Cube_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 1:34:28 PM
D_Bart posted...
Cincada posted...
MrJinxed posted...

I don't know

I just looked at it's weakness chart.

Now I wish my main man, Metagross, were Steel Fairy.
---
Pokemon Y Friend Safari Pokemon: Dedenne, Electabuzz, Zebstricka
3DS FC: 3024 - 5019 - 8681 (PM me to add me)