This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you prefer only the Mega Form of a Pokemon Banned, or the Pokemon itself?

#1DarkKirby2500Posted 10/28/2013 12:33:40 PM(edited)
Example would be Lucario and Mega Lucario being banned to Ubers because it was deemed its Mega was Uber. - Results (80 votes)
Ban the Pokemon itself if the Mega Form is Uber.
12.5% (10 votes)
Only ban the Mega Form of the Pokemon but not the Normal Form.
87.5% (70 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I know some people don't agree with bans at all, but that's not what this topic is about.

---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#2Megaman OmegaPosted 10/28/2013 12:34:59 PM
Have them in seperate tiers. For some Pokemon, the Mega form is just another hold item choice, others play in a different tier with it.
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1
#3Tigo73Posted 10/28/2013 12:35:31 PM
Only ban the stone. There would be no point in, say (hypotetical situation) banning Kangaskhan entirely. Kangaskhan is not a threath, Itīs Mega is.

Itīs kind of like sending that nice kid who sits in front of class to detention just because his brother couldnīt behave.
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 10/28/2013 12:35:43 PM
Lucario isn't broken.
Mega Lucario is.

Ban Lucarionite, not Lucario.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0992-4144-3423 - THIEF
#5I_eat_tablesPosted 10/28/2013 12:36:52 PM
This would be no different to the Lati@s Soul Dew issue, in my opinion. If a certain Mega broken, but the pokemon is fine, ban the Mega. I could see this possibly being an issue with a few of the 'top' OU pokemon who have mega evolutions. Then again, I'm not knowledgeable enough about either the bonuses they get as megas, or the importance of their normal hold items, to know if this would really happen.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#6MogKnightAzurePosted 10/28/2013 12:43:17 PM
Banning speed boost SPECIFICALLY on Blaziken would set a precedent where every other pokemon and ability combo would have to be analyzed and sorted into specific tiers for each. Thus it was much easier to just ban Blaziken altogether.

Latias and Latios are fine outside of ubers, but soul dew is not. It's a unique item only they can use anyway. Same logic will apply to megastones. Some megastones may be banned and some may not. Smogon may end up tiering the megas on their own though since some are so drastically improved that they may warrant it, like Mega Kangaskhan or Mega Mawile. Mawile in particular is really unusable in standard play without the mega stone, but with it becomes a serious threat - and fairy gives it a safe switch in (with an intimidate cut too!) now. It's not like, say, Mega Lucario, who is probably OU with or without his stone and has viable sets for the stone and other items.
---
3DS FC: 2423-3095-6556
#7Miggi3Fr3shPosted 10/28/2013 12:44:55 PM
Ban it completely.
---
3DS: 3351-4111-5844 FS: Excadrill, Forretress, Mawile
The Official Goomy of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#8MegaDuranPosted 10/29/2013 10:38:56 AM
dont ban it either way.

otherwise, ban the mega item. like with that latias item
---
3DS: 3351-5468-4271