This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

need help deciding dragonite movepool?

#1Char86Posted 10/28/2013 6:56:48 PM
I don't know enough about him. I don't do competative battling. Sp Atk or Psy dmg? Ev spread? Just some opinions I'm looking for. Thanks.
---
3DS fc 1719-3373-4316
#2MarbyIsBackPosted 10/28/2013 7:11:46 PM
So you decided to GET YOURSELF A DRAGONITE?

Good. That's the first step.

Go Attack. EVs in Attack, Special Defense, and put the leftover EVs in... I guess Speed, it's so little leftover it doesn't really matter. Though it could make or break a battle one day.

Multiscale as your Ability. Because Inner Focus SUCKS!

Outrage (Lv. 67) is a MUST on Dragonite. So is Dragon Dance(Lv. 61).

Fire Punch (Heart Scale) can take care of those Ice types that can cause Dragonite trouble, and Brick Break (TM) can do the same, but also help with Rock types, and Steels too (though Fire Punch works with Steels, too.)

Speaking of Steel, you may want Steel Wing (Also TM) for those new pesky Fairy types which may cause your Dragonite trouble. Just watch out for SW's accuracy, it's missed plenty a time for me. Sadly, Dragonite learns no Poison type moves (Also SE against Fairy) other than Toxic that I can see on Serebii, so that sucks. :/ Just remember that Dragon has NO effect on Fairy.

As for your Item... maybe something to power up your steel type moves to take care of Fairies? Despite having a 4x weakness to Ice, I think Fairies are the biggest threat to Dragonite, and in fact nearly every dragon this gen.

So your final set should look something like this:

DRAGONITE@Berry that raises power of Steel type move (Nature: +Attack, -Sp. Atk)
Multiscale

Outrage
Dragon Dance
Fire Punch/Brick Break
Steel Wing

I hope this helped you!
---
nail. Nail.
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL!!!
#3Char86(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 7:16:05 PM
Hey thanks for that. Adament nature I'm assuming.
---
3DS fc 1719-3373-4316
#4MarbyIsBackPosted 10/28/2013 7:20:47 PM
Char86 posted...
Hey thanks for that. Adament nature I'm assuming.

Yeah, I believe so. I couldn't quite remember what the nature was called, so I didn't want to assume and be wrong, lol. Though I'm looking it up now, and yeah, it's Adamant.

Also, to think that what started off as a joke (the GET YOURSELF A DRAGONITE part. It's a video.) would lead to me helping someone... that's... pretty cool!
---
nail. Nail.
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL!!!
#5HamiwifulPosted 10/28/2013 7:24:44 PM
Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Multiscale
Adamant
252 ATK / 252 SPEED / 4 HP
-Outrage
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Punch
-Steel Wing / Earthquake / Brick Break / Stone Edge / Waterfall

Last slot depends on your team needs, fire punch can also be replaced by any of those moves.

Lum Berry is to cure stats (like burn, paralysis or toxic) or to cure confusion after Outrage.
#6Viking_MudcrapPosted 10/28/2013 7:28:01 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qe9O90cD80

that should answer any question.
#7Char86(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 10:48:49 PM
Viking_Mudcrap posted...
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qe9O90cD80

that should answer any question.

amazing clip
---
3DS fc 1719-3373-4316