This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Xavier Method (passing natures and hidden ability)

#11IkedaTeramusaPosted 10/29/2013 6:12:26 AM
With the mother holding the Everstone (over 4 boxes) and both parent Protean, I averaged 1 Torrent:5.21 Protean (exact numbers were 120 Pokes, 23 Torrent). I have NOT done the monotony of going the other way with it :-)
---
FC: 4081-5499-1094
#12pillarleg(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 6:24:15 AM
Kementarri posted...
pillarleg posted...
Either that or the RNG hates me so much it's hiring assassins to deal with me later tonight.

I've bread several HA Pokemon, Talonflame, Eevee, Greninja, Dragonite and also other pokemon with abilities I wanted to keep like Scizor, and never have I had any issue with getting the ability that the mother had with her holding an everstone. Maybe you have terrible luck or your game is glitched? idk. If I had to wager a guess I'd say you're exaggerating the numbers because you're mad that you haven't got a magic guard timid abra yet.

I'm not exaggerating the numbers at all. I have 2 boxes full right now, I haven't wonder traded them off yet.

Modest was my first choice, I just happened to have a timid female, and forgot that you could pass them through the father as well.

I do have what I wanted in the first place, a Modest Male Magic guard abra with hidden power fire (for those nasty steel/bugs that threaten it, like scizor etc.). Magic guard let's it rock the focus sash without fear of SR.

I might have had horrid luck, but just saying 2 boxes is ALOT of bad luck, I'm pretty sure it lowered the odds :S. Could be wrong though.
#13pillarleg(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 6:25:26 AM
Kementarri posted...
pillarleg posted...
Either that or the RNG hates me so much it's hiring assassins to deal with me later tonight.

I've bread several HA Pokemon, Talonflame, Eevee, Greninja, Dragonite and also other pokemon with abilities I wanted to keep like Scizor, and never have I had any issue with getting the ability that the mother had with her holding an everstone. Maybe you have terrible luck or your game is glitched? idk. If I had to wager a guess I'd say you're exaggerating the numbers because you're mad that you haven't got a magic guard timid abra yet.

I'm not exaggerating the numbers at all. I have 2 boxes full right now, I haven't wonder traded them off yet.

Modest was my first choice, I just happened to have a timid female, and forgot that you could pass them through the father as well.

I do have what I wanted in the first place, a Modest Male Magic guard abra with hidden power fire (for those nasty steel/bugs that threaten it, like scizor etc.). Magic guard let's it rock the focus sash without fear of SR.

I might have had horrid luck, but just saying 2 boxes is ALOT of bad luck, I'm pretty sure it lowered the odds :S. Could be wrong though.
#14pillarleg(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 6:28:57 AM
Sorry, didn't mean to double post, had to refresh the page, net cut. Wow from what I'm hearing, looks like I just have rancid luck xD. Oh well, I have my abra now, just thought I could help some people with my findings (which turned out to be false). Gotta love RNG's right?

Which reminds me I should probably avoid windows, and watch for assassin's today.
#15banjo kazooiePosted 10/29/2013 6:30:58 AM
pillarleg posted...
Kementarri posted...
pillarleg posted...

I've said this before. If an event involves probability, you could get it immediately, or you could literally never get it, or anything in between.
---
That's strange because reading it gave me Shonen level powers, a spiked hair cut, and Lupus. - SwordMasterEX
#16EscheriaPosted 10/29/2013 7:08:37 AM
banjo kazooie posted...
I've said this before. If an event involves probability, you could get it immediately, or you could literally never get it, or anything in between.

Exactly, and because of that it's best to conduct an actual statistical test with, say, 500-1000 eggs if we are actually onto something. The 2 boxfulls are not enough for a test, but at least a good amount to try and see if it's not just terribad luck. Considering that other posters had no issues, I'd say this is just bad luck for TC :<
---
3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834. In-game name: Esch | Safari: Quagsire, Bibarel, Poliwhirl
3DS games I own: Pokemon X, MH3U, KI:U, OoT3D, LM 2, SMB3DL
#17Tearsforfears92Posted 10/30/2013 12:35:34 PM
I bred over two boxes of Dratinis trying to get perfect IV's. I gave the mother an everstone and I got the Hidden ability more times then not. Like 90% HA