This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Scenario: "Due to changes in Pokemon stats, Pokemon transferred from B2/W2--

#31RX02BansheePosted 11/2/2013 3:38:05 AM
banjo kazooie posted...
code_kirin posted...
MegaDuran posted...
well, i could see how they would remove evs (due to the new 252 cap) and how they could prevent most hacking by randomizing every pokemons ivs, but it seems unlikely really.

would be sad because that way, all the move tutors would be lost forever.

The cap only applies to super training. You can still have 255 through battle.

I've heard people claim the contrary from experience.

You can add my voice to them. I always overshoot the cap when EV training on hoards, yet I always have six EV points left that I assign to HP via Super Training at the end. If the cap through training in the wild was still 255 I wouldn't have those six EV points left.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
XY > HGSS > DPPT > BW > RSE > FRLG > BW2 > GSC > RBY
#32TakaoldariaPosted 11/2/2013 3:39:03 AM
Re-rolling the IVs would be a real dick move for the ones that got their perfect IVs through breeding, and likely wouldn't stop hackers. It'll likely hurt legit players more than hackers. (I got a shiny team with perfect IVs myself and I'm not a hacker. If they DO re-roll the IVs, they're staying on Black 2, or I'm finding and transferring them in a way that dosen't re-roll IVs.)

Are you sure they aren't talking about the BST changes for some Pokémon? (it was discovered a bit ago that some old Pokémon had a change in their BST)
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png Gen V RNG Abuser, and proud of it!
3DS FC : 0103-9288-7308
#33Tequila_ShotPosted 11/2/2013 4:06:55 AM
Here's the problem with this scenario.

Person A bred all of his Pokémon in Fourth Gen. They have great IV's, and it took him nearly a year to breed them to near perfection. He finds out that all IV's get reset when transferring and realizes that if he wants to bring his old Pokémon, his pride and joy I might add, to the game, they will literally be wasted. He has three options if he wishes to keep the hard work he put into making them. 1.) Not transfer them. 2.) He waits for hacking tools to be completed* and hacks the old IV's back onto his team. 3.) He uses a site like PokeCheck to convert the Fifth Gen .pkm files into Sixth Gen .pkx files.

Meanwhile, Person B is a hacker. A few months back, he created several teams of perfectly legal Pokémon, in a span of about two hours, that PokeBank can't detect as hacks. He transfers them, and realizes the IV's are different. He figures it's only a matter of time* until he can fix them and just bides his time, learning the Sixth Gen metagames and their cooresponding communities until then.

See the problem here? The people who actually did all the work will just be shafted, while the hackers will just relax until they can fix it for themselves.

* = If anyone thinks that hacking tools will not exist for this game, they're fooling themselves. The process is already underway, as evidenced by the fact that somebody found (granted, it's unconfirmed at this point) the three event Legendaries and the Mega Evolutions of Latios and Latias; and by the fact that we know the file type used in Sixth Gen (.pkx) is different than those used in Fifth Gen (.pkm). Remember the adage: to hack a handheld, all you need is a Pokémon game and time. And as of the 12th of October, we have both.
---
Level 100 Pokemon Count: 199
On the Bubble, my 200th Pokemon: Female Shiny Dream World Mawile
#34silentoverlordPosted 11/2/2013 4:26:10 AM
Tequila_Shot posted...
See the problem here? The people who actually did all the work will just be shafted, while the hackers will just relax until they can fix it for themselves.

* = If anyone thinks that hacking tools will not exist for this game, they're fooling themselves. The process is already underway, as evidenced by the fact that somebody found (granted, it's unconfirmed at this point) the three event Legendaries and the Mega Evolutions of Latios and Latias; and by the fact that we know the file type used in Sixth Gen (.pkx) is different than those used in Fifth Gen (.pkm). Remember the adage: to hack a handheld, all you need is a Pokémon game and time. And as of the 12th of October, we have both.

Quoted for the truth.

The situation with hackers in Pokmeon titles is very similar to the situation with piracy in video games, every time you try to implement something against them you hurt the "honest consumer" more than the hacker. Implementing something like this would bring more damage to the guy who took 6 months of his life to breed his ideal Pokemon team than the guy who did it in 3 minutes (Just how DRM hurts the buyer more than the "pirate"),
Trying to go against hackers is, as of this point in time, a losing battle.
---
If you can see this sig, put this in your sig...
My PSN: Desperate_Mantis (Feel free to add me!)
#35RX02BansheePosted 11/2/2013 4:29:21 AM
Honestly at this point I think the hackers finding some way to hack Pokemon in to the games is likely, but they won't break the 3DS itself. That's what they did in gen 5 with the GTS exploits after all and the 3DS isn't cracked properly yet.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
XY > HGSS > DPPT > BW > RSE > FRLG > BW2 > GSC > RBY
#36ZaharadinePosted 11/2/2013 4:37:14 AM
I'd either like to see all previous Move tutor/event/etc moves become egg moves, or be stripped out on the transfer. It's kind of silly that we're locked into moves on some pokemon they haven't been able to obtain since Gen 3, like Seismic Toss Blissey. The NYPC Wish Ball pokemon are pretty egregious as well, since their distribution was so ludicrously small.
#37Tequila_ShotPosted 11/2/2013 4:39:54 AM
The only way to stop hackers is to beat hacking. The games need to improve in such a way that hacking looks like a waste of time. The IV, EV, and Nature system was designed for individuality among Pokémon, but when it impacts something as core as battling stats, you have to expect it to be exploited in every single way imaginable. Yes, EV's and Nature are easily gotten through intelligent breeding, IV's can still be a pain in the ass.

If they scrapped the IV system altogether (and upped the EV cap to compensate), and instead employed cosmetic and aesthetic uniqueness, such as a lot of stuff we see in the anime, we might see a resurgence of people sticking to legit methods. I mean, it's nice that Spinda comes in so many patterns, and that we can give our Furfrou haircuts. It's nice that Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist have different sizes. But, if uniqueness is what they were going for (and that was the original goal, after all), then why do so in a manner that has proven time and again to just be an effective shot in the foot?
---
#38Tequila_ShotPosted 11/2/2013 4:42:37 AM
RX02Banshee posted...
Honestly at this point I think the hackers finding some way to hack Pokemon in to the games is likely, but they won't break the 3DS itself. That's what they did in gen 5 with the GTS exploits after all and the 3DS isn't cracked properly yet.

GTS exploits are all that Pokémon needs, though. We don't need, nor do we want, third-party hardware. Just a manual change to the Primary DNS, and a new ".pkx PokeGen" (can we call it PokéGenX?). It's by far the most efficient method, and it provides the added benefit of compatibility with PokeCheck.

Did you know that there's a website that let's you check the legitimacy of any Pokémon you upload to their system? Great way to check for illegal and bad hacks for people who are concerned about it.
---
#39extremegunnerPosted 11/2/2013 4:43:40 AM
This only serves to screw people who bred for their mons over. Hackers are just gonna shrug it off since not a lot of commitment went into making their mons.
#40taa20Posted 11/3/2013 2:06:15 PM
Tequila_Shot posted...
The only way to stop hackers is to beat hacking. The games need to improve in such a way that hacking looks like a waste of time. The IV, EV, and Nature system was designed for individuality among Pokémon, but when it impacts something as core as battling stats, you have to expect it to be exploited in every single way imaginable. Yes, EV's and Nature are easily gotten through intelligent breeding, IV's can still be a pain in the ass.

If they scrapped the IV system altogether (and upped the EV cap to compensate), and instead employed cosmetic and aesthetic uniqueness, such as a lot of stuff we see in the anime, we might see a resurgence of people sticking to legit methods. I mean, it's nice that Spinda comes in so many patterns, and that we can give our Furfrou haircuts. It's nice that Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist have different sizes. But, if uniqueness is what they were going for (and that was the original goal, after all), then why do so in a manner that has proven time and again to just be an effective shot in the foot?

This. A thousand times this. The Super Training was one of the best things from 6th gen for EV training (They could still improve it by just listing the numbers instead of the graph, similar to the Pokemon's standard stats. We want functional moreso than pretty.), and, while hacking would not go away even if GameFreak did correct the remaining systems (Nature and IV), I think making them directly able to be manipulated in a more simplistic manner would curb the amount of hacking and increase participation overall.