This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lost a match because the other guy stalled the entire time.

#1HolyDragonFirePosted 10/29/2013 10:13:55 AM
Just had a random battle on wifi that wasted both of our times, but ended up giving me a loss even though I had the advantage.

Basically, this guy from Japan couldn't take down my Prankster Klefki with leftovers and substitute so he just stalled the entire match, with his wish protect sylveon, waiting until the last second of the timer to choose an attack.

I had two of his pokes paralyzed and my whole team healthy and would have won had it not been for the game deciding he had the advantage based on total health.

GG, random dude. Totally mature way to get a win.

Seriously though, no one I've battled from America or any non Japanese country seems to does this, it seems like whenever I fight people from Japan they start to take toilet breaks or something when they start to lose.

Battle video for anyone interested in this epic waste of time: YXCW-WWWW-WWW2-6S4Z
---
3DS Friend Code for Pokemon: 1478 - 4024 - 1143
IGN: Colin
#2Dark Young LinkPosted 10/29/2013 10:15:41 AM
Herp Derp "win is a win".
---
I'm not at liberty to discuss things involving random users I've never heard of. Sorry . :) - Allen's wife, speaking about Luster
3DS FC : 3926-5549-8616
#3Sticky_DerpPosted 10/29/2013 10:16:22 AM
it sounds like you lost

he might have been stalling, but if you allowed him to stall effectively-he earned the win

in a s*** manner, but yeah
you sound mad
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#4GespenstKAFPosted 10/29/2013 10:16:31 AM
What all's in your Safari?
---
3DS FC: 3738-0838-5357
X Safari: Dark: Crawdaunt, Mightyena, Inkay
#5supdawg222Posted 10/29/2013 10:16:49 AM
Same thing happened to me his team was full of legends he knew he couldnt win so he took like a minute to choose an attack the match timed out and I still won but what a waste of time
---
3DS FC 2595-1081-0122
#6holysquidPosted 10/29/2013 10:17:25 AM
Sticky_Derp posted...
it sounds like you lost

he might have been stalling, but if you allowed him to stall effectively-he earned the win

you sound mad

Did you not even read the OP?
---
PSN: HexagonalZebra // 3DS: 4983-5052-2822
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#7DougyBPosted 10/29/2013 10:17:46 AM
I poison stall all the time and I'm not Japanese. Don't be bitter, bro.
---
b
#8Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/29/2013 10:18:11 AM
I can't believe people are defending that. It's almost as bad as when people stall in Magic the Gathering hoping for the servers to lag/etc.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#9Sticky_DerpPosted 10/29/2013 10:21:22 AM(edited)
holysquid posted...
Sticky_Derp posted...
it sounds like you lost

you sound mad

Did you not even read the OP?

I did.

But it doesn't let the opponent do nothing- there is a time limit on moves. Which means the OP had time that he wasn't able to win with.

Do you even know how online battles work?

EDIT: The issue is that the TC thinks he deserved the win. He didn't. If the game ruled it his loss when they timed out-it was his loss.
The moral issue is entirely irrelevant, and on that I align with the TC.
I'm just saying it wasn't his win.
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#10Sticky_DerpPosted 10/29/2013 10:20:16 AM
DougyB posted...
I poison stall all the time and I'm not Japanese. Don't be bitter, bro.

he wasn't using a stall team he literally just stall'd by not picking moves and such
---