This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know what I really hate about smogon?

#1leonodoPosted 10/29/2013 5:02:34 PM
They make things and ban pokemon (Blaziken) for the sake of balance, but then ignore Stealth Rocks, a move that COMPLETLY changes by the game by introducing a type hierarchy that makes some pokemon instantly useless.
Seriously what the f***.
---
Sunshine is overrated...
Pokemon x FC: 0130-2593-2107 Pokemon trainer name: Safyrya
#2Doctor_SpankyPosted 10/29/2013 5:03:16 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzlyke4NW31qzlvmi.gif
---
Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it.
#3Azure_FlamePosted 10/29/2013 5:03:48 PM
Don't play by their rules, then?
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate
#4Great_ReapettePosted 10/29/2013 5:04:50 PM
smogoon got u mad bruh
take that foory
and burn their house down with comboostible lemanz
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#5IcyFlamez96Posted 10/29/2013 5:06:25 PM
This smogon salt is comedy.
---
Your life, your choice. 60 seconds.
#6xtdg134Posted 10/29/2013 5:08:50 PM
They're in no way affiliated with Nintendo or GameFreak, so why do you care? Just don't use super ****** tactics online, that's what I do. By that I mean don't run with a team of legendary Pokemon, OHKO moves (especially on Pokemon that get Moody), stuff like that. Just don't use things YOU think are cheap or annoying, and sleep easy.
---
Add me for Pokemon X/Y!! 4639-8988-5948. PM me if you add me, so I can add you back
#7fddsfsasfPosted 10/29/2013 5:09:11 PM
git gud
---
Name: Christoph
FC: 2423 2167 3728 Friend Safari:(Spearow, Swanna, Rufflet)
#8DarnstuffPosted 10/29/2013 5:09:51 PM
leonodo posted...
They make things and ban pokemon (Blaziken) for the sake of balance, but then ignore Stealth Rocks, a move that COMPLETLY changes by the game by introducing a type hierarchy that makes some pokemon instantly useless.
Seriously what the f***.

If you hate smogon, just ignore their meta. Jesus, it's not that hard, people.
#9xXDarkxIdealsXxPosted 10/31/2013 2:05:52 AM
Darnstuff posted...
leonodo posted...
Seriously what the f***.

If you hate smogon, just ignore their meta. Jesus, it's not that hard, people.

I'm so sick of people acting as if they don't notice that nearly EVERY place that hosts competitive pokemon follows smogon's rules. It's not just smogon.com, you can go to rayquaza.forum-motion.com, pokecommunity.com, pokemon online, showdown etc... or ANY other competitive battling site and they all use smogon's rules and defend them like rabid fanboys. Then they laugh at you if you ask to have a normal battle and want to use your Excadrill/blaziken or mention on the forums that you think 4x stealth rock is a bit OP doing 50% damage making several pokes completely useless.

If anybody with any kind of influence or power in the meta-game would either call out smogon on their monopoly over making rules for competitive battles, or create their own system that's actually fair and makes sense then things would be just fine, but that hasn't happened because smogon has become so big and powerful that nobody can even challenge them anymore. (not without being laughed at or "smogon salt" joked at by closed minded morons)
#10Reginleif20Posted 10/31/2013 2:08:19 AM
leonodo posted...
Seriously what the f***.

I hate the people who whine about it when they can choose not to follow Smogon rules
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it