This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I recently found out that the only games where your pokemon follows you....

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So I recently found out that the only games where your pokemon follows you....
2 years ago#1
around outside of battle are heartgold, soulsilver, and yellow.

....Why? This was easily the best part of the soulsilver for me, which is the only pokemon game I've finished.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
2 years ago#2
Masuda: *laughs*
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0992-4144-3423 - THIEF
2 years ago#3
CakeOfLies posted...
Masuda: *laughs*

---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
2 years ago#4
Pokemon Amie really makes up for it. It offers more interaction than the following feature ever did.
---
Steel Type alone is responsible for the slow Death of the Pokemon Franchise.
Gym Leader Wulfric is mai Husbando!
2 years ago#5
I've never understood the popularity of this. What does it add to the game exactly? If it was so that you could interact with your Pokemon, we now have Amie for that.
---
If life gives you lemons, sell 'em to Tom Nook.
Black 2 FC: 0132-9980-0476, 3DS FC: 5284-2520-2972 (Pokemon IGN: Aki)
2 years ago#6
i dont get how people keep bringing up a mechanic that was only around a single game. (cause pikachu really doesnt count to me)

also, if theres anything i'd like back, it would be the pokewalker.
could easily be an app this time around
---
3DS: 3351-5468-4271
2 years ago#7
The fact that this is the best part of the game speaks to how poor the Johto games are.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
2 years ago#8
They followed you, but they weren't really there.
Sure, behind you character was a Pokemon, but It doesn't do anything, If you want to Interact with It you have to look behind you and talk It, It just doesn't feel like It's your actual partner, just an NPC that happens to walk behind you.
---
The best dressed person and the official Espurr of the Pokemon X and Y board!
My Friend Code: 1719-3885-3128, my In game name Is Aaron.
2 years ago#9
NegaZelda posted...
I've never understood the popularity of this. What does it add to the game exactly?

Immersion. It's like battle animations: Technically just fluff that adds nothing of importance, but nevertheless nice.
2 years ago#10
Lexifox posted...
The fact that this is the best part of the game speaks to how poor the Johto games are.

Johto isn't poor.
Not the best by any means, but still enjoyable in its own right.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So I recently found out that the only games where your pokemon follows you....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived